Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Journal of Veggie P (Melissa)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:27 am 
Elephant

Octopussoir wrote:
I wouldnt even worry about dating or having a mono-relationship. Just focus on yourself, your life, your training. Who needs drama these days?

agreed :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:13 pm 
Elephant

Hey Robert... I KNOW... I really did want to go, but when your trying to get in 2 hours of cardio a day, packing up 5 meals and driving to L.A. in the heat was more than I could handle. I REEEEALLLY wanted to go, but getting in shape is my primary focus. Was it fun? Did alot of boardies come see ya?

Jimmy and Denise... thanks for droppin by!

I hear ya about the drama, but being a highly obsessive and emotional person... I find when I'm dieting, training my ass off, not DRINKING and being so straight edge, I need an outlet... I gotta do something. So until I find that perfect fit and a nice healthy stable relationship, I need to hang with a couple of "broken" ones from my past, until I don't feel the need to do so anymore. Or until I can drink wine again, whichever comes first :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

aaaaaah wine. I feel GREAT though. One of my clients said I was "glowing". I feel it. Feels good to be this healthy again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:16 pm 
Stegosaurus

veggieprincess wrote:
Hey Robert... I KNOW... I really did want to go, but when your trying to get in 2 hours of cardio a day, packing up 5 meals and driving to L.A. in the heat was more than I could handle. I REEEEALLLY wanted to go, but getting in shape is my primary focus.

Yep, the AR conferences are not the place to go to focus on eating well, eating light and training hard. Loads of temptations to stay up way late. Overpriced, poor tasting, poor nutrition hotel food. Caloric vegan junk food. All of that plus a little drama in the air -- not the place to be when you are cutting calories :).

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:51 am 
Elephant

beforewisdom wrote:
veggieprincess wrote:
Hey Robert... I KNOW... I really did want to go, but when your trying to get in 2 hours of cardio a day, packing up 5 meals and driving to L.A. in the heat was more than I could handle. I REEEEALLLY wanted to go, but getting in shape is my primary focus.

Yep, the AR conferences are not the place to go to focus on eating well, eating light and training hard. Loads of temptations to stay up way late. Overpriced, poor tasting, poor nutrition hotel food. Caloric vegan junk food. All of that plus a little drama in the air -- not the place to be when you are cutting calories :).

At this point, I don't think I'd be tempted by the yummy Vegan food surrounding me as this has never been my problem. Moreso packing the things I need to eat such as the protein shakes, veggies, etc. I eat very specific, so there's really no improvising so yeah... more the packing the food and eating it on time. I will play with it more when I feel I've got a few weeks under my belt of eating and training this way, but right now I don't want to jeapordize getting cocky with the program.

Had an awesome leg and bicep workout today.

Smith Mach Squats
4 x 12 @ 50 lbs
Smith Mach Lunges
4 x 12 @ 50 lbs

I was sweating my ass off on these. REEEALLY tried to get completely parallel and even below parallel. After reading a couple fitness articles, I realized I wasn't coming down in squats as far as I was capable and what a difference! I'm not a sweater at all so I'm suprised how much these made me sweat

Straight Leg Deadlifts
Calf RAises
Leg Curls
Preacher Curls
Bicep Curls
4 x Ball Crunches

1 hour Ellyptical
1 hour Recumbant Bike

I am feeling awesome about the work I've put in lately. Feels amazing to wake up and be so in control of my choices. I feel very powerful.

Sofa cushion guy (inside joke as to why I refer to him that way... but that is what I call him) cancelled tonight cuz he said he thinks he's coming down with something. I was actually very relieved cuz I probably would have had a glass of wine. Which wouldn't have been a big deal if I had compensated with a fruit serving, but I just was glad to be able to give it my all once again to training and diet.

Yes, I'm human... I'm far from perfect... and I have difficulty having a date without a glass of wine to relax and unwind. Its really my only vice, so again... was greatful to not have that inner struggle. It's been about 2 weeks of diet and training perfection. Anyways... beyond exhausted. Goin to bed.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:11 am 
Stegosaurus

You're doing great - you're very dedicated. Is there a particular show you're training for?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:23 pm 
Elephant

thanks lobsteriffic! ;-) Am I training for a show. I don't know yet. I'm letting my body determine if I'm going to be stage ready... Lets say I have my eye on a show... but I refuse to say I'm training for one to avoid any added pressure if I'm simply not ready in time.

I wanted to take a moment to explain WHY I'm doing so much cardio.

I am trying to get in optimum shape in a very short amount of time and I will do ANYTHING to avoid a Keto type diet. I did it last year to prepare for a photo shoot and I cannot begin to tell you how miserable I am on them.

So... I consider it a trade-off. My carbs are still relatively low but I'm keeping a moderate amount in so I can have my brain cells, do my job and be a more effective human being in the world. I know it would probably come off faster on a more extreme cut type diet, but I'd rather add in more cardio. In fact I'm going to try and increase it to 2 1/2 hours this week. Or more like 2 hours of a long burn session and one 20 minute HIIT. Then maybe 3 hours in a couple of weeks. We'll see.

Some people do great on Keto type diets. I am a miserable biyatch on them... so as long as I can possibly avoid doing it, I'm going to.

I may take today off or just do a 1 hour. I have to FORCE my body to rest. I'll take a look at my workouts and see when the last time I rested was. I really don't want to because I'm so "in-the-zone" right now, but it may be better for me in the long run.

ta ta for now

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:31 pm 
Elephant

one of my suits came today. You know... for the pretend show I may or may not be training for. Again, we'll see. So lets just say a very fancy bikini came in the mail today :lol:

I tried it on expecting the worst. I gotta say... wasn't as bad as I expected. That was confirmed when my brutally honest 10 year old came in the room and goes... "Whoa, Mom! You look great!" And believe me... she'd tell me to take it off right this second if it was bad. Maybe I'll give you guys a preview of the suit... we'll see (not on me... on the model). Again... I'm just considering it a pretty bikini right now... not sure if it will be used.

So now I even more hopeful. Why oh why I couldn't have had this motivation and determination 5 weeks ago, I don't know. But I have it now. I am in truly in the zone. I had my first "cheat" today. It was 1 bite of a faux meat. Yep... those had to go. Had 1 itty bite. I had to. That is how I was truly successful in the past... taking out all fake meat. Oh how I miss my Tofurky sausages and my Seitan. But I'm making the veggies that I'm consuming pretty yummy to make up for taste. Maybe that is why I'm hopeful. Because I know what a clean Vegan diet I'm eating right now and I've figured out over the past couple of years what works best for me and what my body processes most effectively. If I kept in the fake meats, I wouldn't have a chance in hell of trying to make a show or even a photo shoot happen. BUT THAT'S ME.

I'm avoiding the kitchen right now cuz I don't want to eat my dinner; which is pretty much a protein shake and asparagus since it was a rest day. Gee, can't figure out why I'd be avoiding the kitchen. LOL I do find a way to make dinner more exciting than that sometimes on my uber strict diet. Hasn't been that tough. Probably because I'm seeing some fast results and that propels me forward.

Okay... I'm gonna have a really tough workout tomorrow.

Today is a rest day because I have to get up very very early to train a client. Gotta get to it. Nighty night

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:54 am 
Elephant

veggieprincess wrote:
I will do ANYTHING to avoid a Keto type diet...

Some people do great on Keto type diets. I am a miserable biyatch on them...

Here here.... I feel ya. I was on edge for my last show and was a douche towards everyone it seems. Im so not taking carbs that low until maybe the last week. Im already shredded so... keep it up.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:23 am 
Elephant

You are so freaking kick ass right now, girl. Remember this feeling and call it back up when you need it. It will be there for you. (so will your kid with her brutally honest opinions, haha, what would we do without them?)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:43 am 
Elephant

veggieprincess wrote:
beforewisdom wrote:
veggieprincess wrote:

At this point, I don't think I'd be tempted by the yummy Vegan food surrounding me as this has never been my problem. Moreso packing the things I need to eat such as the protein shakes, veggies, etc. I eat very specific, so there's really no improvising so yeah... more the packing the food and eating it on time. I will play with it more when I feel I've got a few weeks under my belt of eating and training this way, but right now I don't want to jeapordize getting cocky with the program.

Had an awesome leg and bicep workout today.

Smith Mach Squats
4 x 12 @ 50 lbs
Smith Mach Lunges
4 x 12 @ 50 lbs

I was sweating my ass off on these. REEEALLY tried to get completely parallel and even below parallel. After reading a couple fitness articles, I realized I wasn't coming down in squats as far as I was capable and what a difference! I'm not a sweater at all so I'm suprised how much these made me sweat

Straight Leg Deadlifts
Calf RAises
Leg Curls
Preacher Curls
Bicep Curls
4 x Ball Crunches

1 hour Ellyptical
1 hour Recumbant Bike

I am feeling awesome about the work I've put in lately. Feels amazing to wake up and be so in control of my choices. I feel very powerful.

Sofa cushion guy (inside joke as to why I refer to him that way... but that is what I call him) cancelled tonight cuz he said he thinks he's coming down with something. I was actually very relieved cuz I probably would have had a glass of wine. Which wouldn't have been a big deal if I had compensated with a fruit serving, but I just was glad to be able to give it my all once again to training and diet.

Yes, I'm human... I'm far from perfect... and I have difficulty having a date without a glass of wine to relax and unwind. Its really my only vice, so again... was greatful to not have that inner struggle. It's been about 2 weeks of diet and training perfection. Anyways... beyond exhausted. Goin to bed.

Just a thing about squats.. It's really tough to go parallel or below parallel on the Smith Machine I find. In fact, I hate the Smith machine because you're not in a natural squatting position.. And it's rough on the knees.
I got way better results with my leg workouts squatting in the squat rack, or even with a barbell. Ditch the Smith Machine and try it! You'll love it. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:42 am 
Elephant

veggieprincess wrote:
one of my suits came today. You know... for the pretend show I may or may not be training for. Again, we'll see. So lets just say a very fancy bikini came in the mail today :lol:

Ohhh! New suit! I wanna see :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:19 pm 
Stegosaurus

loving hearing about u training so intensely its great!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:23 pm 
Manatee

Yeah, lemme post some photos on your site! You are so lovely, I hope you WIN!!! Very impressive training.

Wish I had the time to work out that hard, but so far I've gained muscle this month and maintained, wild! With less to pinch. I bumped protein A LOT and just did freaking heavy lifts and my rear is rounder, lifted, with less folds. Some might be swelling, but I do one day on two days off with cardio on other days, and when there's no pain, it's still lifted. I made up a weird, but effective hamstring exercise too, on my bed. I took off two months and did nothing but maintain and some weights here and there, and it's like my body is responding like the early days when it came off easier. Never going to compete, so I have the luxury to be slow.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:12 pm 
Elephant

I will post more later to people who commented... and thanks to all who popped in to say hi and offer words of encouragement. I really appreciate it. Keep 'em coming... :wink: But for now, I just want to get this logged in for accountability.

Wed - REST DAY will only take one when I absolutely need it.

Thurs
Overhead Tri Xtension
Front Raises
Military Press
Bent Arm Lat Raise
Rope Pulldown
Rear Delt Raises
20 min Ellyptical
40 min Recumbant

Today
1 hour Stepmill

SOOOOOO trying to get up the motivation to do the other hour. I said I'd babysit my neighbors kids so I have to do it while trying to watch her kids and mine. Girls are fine, but I never quite know what to do with boys... in real life or in children... LMAO :lol: :lol:

Okay, 'nuff procrastinatin.. time to get my ass on the bike.

Oh... I've been trying to wear these Scuba type shorts which are called anti-cellulite shorts. It is all about reducing the rear end, so I do about 40% in these shorts that make you sweat your ass off literally. Again, its supposed to reduce cellulite but I'm thinking it just sheds alot of water weight... Hey it's inches and it keeps me MENTALLY positive to see myself shriking so if it's just anti-bloat, I"ll take it where I can get it. Shriking is shrinking and I'm maintaining muscle so it's all good.

Kay, getting on the bike now... don't try and stop me ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:37 pm 
Manatee

Quote:
SOOOOOO trying to get up the motivation to do the other hour. I said I'd babysit my neighbors kids so I have to do it while trying to watch her kids and mine. Girls are fine, but I never quite know what to do with boys... in real life or in children... LMAO :lol: :lol:

That is GOOD!

Boys like running around and so I think if the schools taught math during PE it would work better. It's fun to play Simon Says. I work in "Jumping Jacks" and work in other exercises, march, lunge, squat, all kinds. You can even get them to do yoga poses. Fun!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next