Precontest 2009

This week was kinda shot. I haven't done a real workout since monday. My family was in town until Thurs and even though they didn't care that I stayed later to work out, I felt guilty. I did teach my kickboxing class and worked abs about a gazillion times this week. I plan on hitting the gym Sat and Sun for upper/lower. No kids this weekend LOL so that means time by myself and my puppies. I've been doing good on the nutrition, but honestly I've been skimping on the water intake. 12 weeks away, my hubby is gone for 2 months and we both vowed to look A LOT better by the time we saw each other......Awww love............makes you fat LOL (not really) but we have let each other slip a little

I did not have a good diet weekend. Too much iced coffee with soymilk ( at home ) and too much vegetable lasagna. I did accomplish making my own seitan and it turned out great!! It tasted just as good as buying it and a heck of a lot cheaper.

My hubby is gone for 2 months and my daughter gone to grandma's until wed. I had a great weekend by myself and my puppies I got a lot of stuff done, no workout. I actually played so much World of Warcraft this weekend that I almost leveled twice LOL NERD!!

I've done really good on my nutrition, but not enough calories. Workout on upper body today and cardio for only 30 min on the elliptical. I think I will do yoga tonight.

calories 1469

fat 22

protein 192

carbs 124

Breakfast

block 14oz of tofu

sugar free monster

8oz soy milk

snack

4 oz seitan

4 oz sweet potato

lunch

4 oz seitan

1/2 cup chickpeas

snack

2 scoops Osolean

water

dinner

1/2 block tofu

1 med egg plant

8oz of OJ

I NEED MOTIVATION!! PLEASE HELP Any suggestions? What motivates you when you are in a slump?

Don't think, just leave go and train. I feel best when I Leave in the mornings. I feel best in the mornings that I finished a workout and I have the rest of the day to do what ever that needs to be done. I also find it goes a lot faster, if could be because I'm still half asleep lol

When my eyes are awake, I get up without thinking get dressed and leave.

Stop procrastinating just go and you'll feel good after words. I feel the best before I work and less guilty that I didn't get a change to pound my body that day

What classes do you teach?

OK so I really think I'm going to wait until next season to compete. I just feel like starting a vegan nutrition, and then trying to compete would be too much to take in. I really need to familiarize myself with the way of life before I learn how to manipulate it and get on stage. I still need to lean out because I would feel a hell of a lot more comfortable, and of course Costa Rics in Oct. At least I still have a goal of some sorts. My hubby will be 40 in oct so he wants to be in great shape as well. I'm proud of him for eating vegan while he's still in Cali. I know he won't ever switch completely, but he's doing a great job trying it out!! I still need pictures to post and continue on my progress.

Diet is good today!! I am having no problem getting in enough protein now that I know what I'm doing lol.

Breakfast

4oz soy milk

.75 cup grape nuts

coffee

snack

4oz seitan

1/2 cup grapes

5 med strawberries

lunch

4oz seitan

1/2 cup grapes

5 med strawberries

snack

2 scoops Osolean

8oz soymilk

dinner

block extra firm tofu

3 cups oriental veggies

Cals 1367 ( I KNOW NOT ENOUGH)

pro 157

carbs 142

fiber 22

fat 23

sat 3!!!

Workout legsleg press 320 3x 15

lying leg curl 60 3x 10

leg ext 90 3x 12

30 min bicycle

Your legs look phenomenal

How do you like teaching classes?

I love teaching classes, I'm actually getting ready to add a grp strength at the end of the month. My legs have always been a strong feature, I'm just a lucky enough woman to be able to lean out IN my legs. My muffin tops are usually the last to go

Ok my diet was good calories wise, but I did have 2 strudels and a Panera bagel with cream cheese! All my other choices were really good. I'm eating dinner at my mom's tonight and my daughter was sweet enough to bring my tofu with her I taught an hr kickboxing class and 30 min on the stairmill. No lifting today, I plan on getting a nitric oxide supplement in a couple of weeks.

Calories 1725

fat 41

protein 190 go me!!!

carbs 151

Breakfast 1/2 block tofu

sugar free monster

snack bagel and strudels (BAD)

lunch 8oz seitan 1/2 cup grapes

5 strawberries

snack same

dinner block of tofu and 1

cup of zuccini

Edited by fizeek1977

Love your avatar!

Your diet is looking better and better

Thank you and thank you!! I'm really diggin the vegan foods a lot. I don't miss meat or even crave it!! The pic was taken about 4 yrs ago, I hope to be bigger and leaner next time!!

Ok..I didn't ask you to send me links..I've seen all the literature thanks..I've been vegan for many years now!

I just asked YOU to give me a valid moral reason why he couldn't eat eggs in these circumstances. I'd love it if you could come up with one because i've had this same converstion MANY times with my hardcore activist group..and none of them can give a valid reason. The one thing we all agreed on however, is that veganism comes from within and not without. It's the feeling inside which makes you a vegan, not whether or not you follow the "rules" of being a vegan as defined by wikepedia!!

I would hate to use wikepedia define what i am!!

I'm not trying to piss anyone off here its just i think its stupid to let a dictionary definition mould your whole life when it should be the vegan ethic you have inside which defines your diet and lifestyle for you.

Anyways, Fizeek you have a great build, and a pretty solid diet. I'm glad to see you transitioning your diet, even if you don't go full vegan, I appreciate the effort you are making, as every bit counts.

I'll be following the log, you look great!

This weekend wasn't the most productive on the workout scale. I had a couple of meetings at businesses on Fri, and then the power went out that night (power company's fault) Worked Sat, and then cleaned house/mowed lawn Sun. I stocked up on everything and tried some marinated tempeh which was WONDERFUL!!! I have had no problems getting my protein in everyday.

I will be doing 30 min on the stairs, some jogging this afternoon and upper body. STILL NEED PICTURES!!

Well, I won't need any specialized workout this week except cardio. I will have taught 6 classes by the end of the week, of which most are an hr!! I have been running a little and I'm very glad my knees aren't hurting afterwards. I've learned to shorten my stride like when I'm race walking and it's making a huge difference in efficiency!! (DUA) Nutrition is good even though I haven't been getting in all of my calories. It's just too dang hot outside and ya'll know it cuts your appetite. I've definitely been drinking my gallon.

Walking the dogs tonight later when it cools off.

I just came across your blog here. Great stuff.

I noticed when I switched to a vegan diet as a competitor I got leaner faster. My protein levels were greatly reduced, but I don't think I suffered much if any muscle loss compared to my meat eating competitive physique.

What show are you going to do?

I just came across your blog here. Great stuff.

I noticed when I switched to a vegan diet as a competitor I got leaner faster. My protein levels were greatly reduced, but I don't think I suffered much if any muscle loss compared to my meat eating competitive physique.

What show are you going to do?

I probably won't do any this year just because I want to get this thing down packed for next yr. I was seriously thinking about one in KS in oct, but opting out. It's definately easier than I thought eating this way and my other vegan buddies said it took them about 4-6 months for their body to drastically change and stay leaner. I don't think I lose muscle either, I just have a hard time losing fat!!