Who is your favorite MMA Athlete?

In my opinion should put a weight limit of the maximum category, otherwise goes as k1.

Someone like Brock Lesnar did not rise more towel off.

He rightly uses the rules to his advantage but its meetings are ing.

Did it lies above and hammer you until failure.

There IS a maximum weight limit. The heavyweight division goes from 206 to 265 lb (93 to 120 kg). Brock's natural, walking around weight is somewhere more in the range or 280-285.

It might be good for UFC to implement a superheavyweight division, like K-1 but I don't think they'd be able to get enough good fighters to fill it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jake shields. great fighter,great jiu jitsu and lifelong vegetarian.

Nick and nate diaz. two bad ass jiu jitsu/mma fighters and both veg*n i think.

I didnt know any of these people were veg!

yes,Jake shields is vegetarian,him and his brother were raised pretty much vegan by their veg*n parents.

Both nick and nate,i have read in a few places are veggie and maybe vegan,they are buddies with jake shields so maybe he put them on the right track,dunno.

• 1 month later...

Alistair Overeem , Sergei Kharatinov , Luke Cummo , Jeremy Horn , Anderson Silva , Valentijn Overeem ,Kazushi Sakuraba, Nate Diaz and his brother, Aleksander Emilanienko and his brother are some of my favorite fighters to watch . I was a big PRIDE FC fan as you can see .

• 2 weeks later...
I'd have a hard time naming my favorite. I only know that it isn't Brock Lesnar

Broc Lesnar is an undeniable force in MMA . Somebody will eventually up that big head of his . Rumor is he was grappling with Gabriel Gonzaga at an exhibition and submitted him in a Kimura in around 30 seconds .

I'd have a hard time naming my favorite. I only know that it isn't Brock Lesnar

Broc Lesnar is an undeniable force in MMA . Somebody will eventually up that big head of his . Rumor is he was grappling with Gabriel Gonzaga at an exhibition and submitted him in a Kimura in around 30 seconds .

Yeah they said it happenned at Ludlow Mass. I dont know anyone who was there. I think that two things come to mind. It didnt happen or it was an exhibition and brock came at full force before

Ganzaga could up his intensity. Interesting that they describe him doing the same thing to Ganzaga that Mir faulted himself for letting brock do during their match. Letting Brock take the wrist in a prone postiion.

one of my favorites has always been GENKI SUDO!

though he is retired now, while active he had one of the most entertaining fighting styles

and definitely had the best entrances.

and he's not just flashy entrances, he backed it up.

very unorthodox, crazy fighting moves, and an all around great fighter.

GENKI SUDO HILIGHT REEL

I have to agree, genki sudo is one of the most entertaining fighters I have seen .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Jake Shields - The makings of a true role model (being a vegetarian helps)

Forrest Griffin - No matter how many bad losses he takes, his endearing every-man personality and demeanor will see him through

Frank Mir - He's got determination and style, time and time again he beats the odds and bounces back. Watch out Brock. Part 3 is coming.

Brock Lesnar - His dominance makes his fights extremely entertaining if nothing else

Anderson Silva - because he is soft spoken and respectful when he could clearly be otherwise

GSP - He's got 500 suits and all the ladies love him

Mackens Semerzier - a local fighter who has broken into the WEC and has been dominant thus far. Will be watching his career with great interest.

Forrest Griffin - No matter how many bad losses he takes, his endearing every-man personality and demeanor will see him through

Frank Mir - He's got determination and style, time and time again he beats the odds and bounces back. Watch out Brock. Part 3 is coming.

Brock Lesnar - His dominance makes his fights extremely entertaining if nothing else

Anderson Silva - because he is soft spoken and respectful when he could clearly be otherwise

Mackens Semerzier - a local fighter who has broken into the WEC and has been dominant thus far. Will be watching his career with great interest.

Forrest-overrated

Brock Lesnar-Total piece of shit.Zero Martial art skill just roids and growth hormones.Glad to hear his colon got a hole in it from meat putrefying in it, if only he died from it.

Edited by Anonymous

Forrest-overrated

Brock Lesnar-Total piece of shit.Zero Martial art skill just roids and growth hormones.Glad to hear his colon got a hole in it from meat purifying in it, if only he died from it.

I am guessing you mean putrifying, we dont want people thinking that meat purify's anything .

lol.It was 4 in the morning and i felt like talking shit.I think i was wrong then i used the edit thing and didn't notice.Funny that it meant the exact opposite thing.

lol.It was 4 in the morning and i felt like talking shit.I think i was wrong then i used the edit thing and didn't notice.Funny that it meant the exact opposite thing.

true. I agree about forrest as well as bonner, that TUF made them famous in the industry but bonner has either been injured for the upteenth time or has not fared quite so well. Forrest did win the championship but against rampage who has always been a sucker for anything under the belt. He just doesnt like acknowledging those kicks. I would have been very interested to see him in his now off fight with Rashad, because rashad will kick like crazy given the chance thanks to the influence of his pal jardine.

While we are at it. I dont know why Forrest stepped in to the ring with anderson silva. I hate when a lower weight division kicks the crap out of a former or present champion of a higher division. Now everything forrest does will be tempered in my eyes with " yeah but you are protected by a weight division from anderson silva" So now he has to dump anderson or lose even more cache in my eyes. Now I know there is alot of talk about anderson moving up a division, but that hasnt happenned yet that I am aware of.

Fedor and Anderson also GSP for today.

Well I can totally see and understand why someone would hate Brock. I just don't. But I don't fault you for it either.

But I don't see how anyone could call Forrest "overrated". He's the underdog in nearly every fight he gets (in the fans' eyes, and on the sports betting websites). You can't be underrated and overrated at the same time.

The Rashad vs. Rampage fight isn't off. Dana said that if Rashad could beat Thiago Silva, then he'd be fighting Rampage next. He did beat him, so, unless Rampage backs out, I expect it will happen. It's tentatively scheduled for May.

Anderson Silva's next fight is defending the Middlewight belt against Vitor Belfort on April 10. Anderson plans to retire on his 35th birthday, which is April 14. So unless Shogun Rua is able to beat Machida on May 1, I doubt Anderson will be doing any more LHW fights. (If Rua beats Machida, I'd bet money that Anderson would come out of "retirement" to fight Rua for the 205 belt.)

Rampage will KO Rashad if they end up fighting.Rampage fought bad against Forrest and i still believe Rampage won.Shogun did a better job against Lyoto and he got robbed and yet Forrest can get dropped by an uppercut and near powerbombed to death if he didn't brace himself with his arm and took Rampages belt on leg kicks that didn't look near as hard as the ones Shogun used on Machida + the punches and body kicks he landed too.

Rashad was so lame against Thiago.All he did was wrestle Silva to the ground for 20 seconds at a time and not go for submissions or even try to land some punches.Then he was exposed in the 3rd and got clowned by a frustrated Thiago for not fighting.The last round should have been 10-8 because Rashad was getting smashed.If there was no judges it's obvious Thiago beat up Rashad.Rashad won't be able to take Rampage down like that and Rampage is going to KO him with punches.

The Stout vs Lauzon fight was awesome.I hated it when they fed Ludwig to Jim Miller.Miller is so underrated and Ludwig took that on short notice.Ludwig vs Sam Stout would be a great fight.Jim Miller should be up there with Kenny and Diego.

If Mac is not injured coming into 109 he should beat Bucholz within the 3 rounds.

Well I can totally see and understand why someone would hate Brock. I just don't. But I don't fault you for it either.

But I don't see how anyone could call Forrest "overrated". He's the underdog in nearly every fight he gets (in the fans' eyes, and on the sports betting websites). You can't be underrated and overrated at the same time.

The Rashad vs. Rampage fight isn't off. Dana said that if Rashad could beat Thiago Silva, then he'd be fighting Rampage next. He did beat him, so, unless Rampage backs out, I expect it will happen. It's tentatively scheduled for May.

Anderson Silva's next fight is defending the Middlewight belt against Vitor Belfort on April 10. Anderson plans to retire on his 35th birthday, which is April 14. So unless Shogun Rua is able to beat Machida on May 1, I doubt Anderson will be doing any more LHW fights. (If Rua beats Machida, I'd bet money that Anderson would come out of "retirement" to fight Rua for the 205 belt.)

goddammit I forgot the fights were on saturday night. Now I have to watch them on the internet.

• 2 months later...
Jens Pulver, Gray Maynard, Mac Danzig, Diego Sanchez, Matt Hughes, Jon Fitch, Chris Leben, Marcus Davis, Dan Hardy, Chun Lee, Forrest Griffin, Houston Alexander, James Irvin, Renato Babalu Sobral, Jeff Monson.

DAN HARDY!?!? BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!