Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: veganmama's road to the healthiest/happiest me...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:38 am 
Manatee

aaaaaahhhhh!

the last few days have been crazy, in a bad way.

My dad was taken to a hospice on Saturday and we are fighting to get him home, b/c he does not belong in a hospice. Yesterday when I took the kids to visit him they were wheeling a dead body out the front door as we were walking in! I had never seen a dead body before, it was quite distrubing (well, I didn't actually SEE it since it was covered with a sheet, but still...distrubing). So I am dealing with doctors, and hospice peeps and all of this crap and it is really emotional. For the past few days I have spent the greater part of each day trying not to scream. I think I am driving everyone at work crazy w/ my uncontrollable sighing. And speaking of work... this is our busiest week as we get ready for fall and push the spring stuff out the door... it has been crazy busy and setting the store up for Fall is like moving x 10. It is really intense.

So, I have not been updating my food journal, or getting to the gym (I made it today for only about 20 min). I am going to gather my shit together this weekend and start a new gym routine on Monday, thanks to DCNINJA for taking the time to help me out w/ a routine. I am excited about that, and I just need to remember that no matter what crazy shit I have going on, I NEED to make time for myself, or I am going to lose IT 8-[ .

-Theodor Seuss Geisel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:39 pm 
Elephant

Wow! Never seen a dead body, wish I could say that. Sorry to hear about your dad, hope you can get him all sorted out. I have been there many times with my mom, mostly mental health issues, but some physical too. It's really hard to have such a huge thing pop up randomly in the middle of an already busy and complicated life. You're strong, I'm sure you can handle whatever life throws at you.

If it helps any, you inspired me, no coffee or any other caffeine since reading your post over a week ago! 8)

http://www.facebook.com/veganburgh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:39 pm 
Manatee

awwwww :sunny: thank you for your kind words of support!

Yes, my dad's problems are mostly mental which have manifested themselves into physical. He was actually taken to the hospice as a result of taking too many xanax and appearing incoherent when a nurse came to check on him at his home. Sigh.

hee hee, I am glad to hear that I inspired you to stay away from the caffeine! I am trying to be good, but today I drank a soy latte b/c I had to wake up about 3 hours earlier than I normally do... :gmorning1: I'll get back on the wagon though!

-Theodor Seuss Geisel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:40 pm 
Manatee

I am keeping my food/fitness log in a nifty journal now so I can take it w/ me and keep it updated throughout the day. I am following DCNINJA's suggestions from my thread on cardio. Soooo... I will update here when I see some results!

-Theodor Seuss Geisel