Food Log w/ pics

Hey man, interesting mix of stuff to break the feast. I felt a little differently and didn't want to eat solids or had craved them. Dani actually had to peel an orange and force feed it to me and I wasn't budging but after I gave in..... a decent amount more of solid foods throughout the day followed. 2 apples, 2 oranges, 1lb of lychees, 1/4 lb of lognans. I may do more as eating solids is addictive but ideally, i'd be done at this point and do perhaps one more blend.... I'll probably be done with solids for the remainder of the day but who knows!

congrats on your 30days. I wish you would have waited for the prunes! O well, you should save them for another feast and it will motivate you to remember you can always do another one in the future. But I would be you've lost enough weight already and want to build a bit and perhaps liquids aren't the best option for that. I will experiment with that idea sometime in the future but not now.... Perhaps next year for sure early spring.

I love that you jumped into doing this right away after feeling it was a good idea. Much respect and props to you my friend!

Oh and next time, take in more calories!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great experience and i enjoyed it most of the time, well maybe half of the time, lol. But not that it's over, it's a pure positive experience and I learned a lot about nutrition just by doing this, it kind of educated me with the autodidact way. Now I will surely eat more fruits each day and have a green salad with each meal. For the green smoothies though I'll pass.

Eventhough it didn't do any miracle -- I will eat vegan junk foods again -- I opened new horizons to me for the possibilities of raw foods. When I had only fruits, I think I needed to have some very often otherwise maybe it was low glicemy that was making me feel weak? After I had some sprouted grains in the morning smoothie I guess it provided complex carbs that gave sugar for a much longer period of time.

I won't wait like a year to eat your prunes until next juice fast! Are you crazy! (just kiddin). But you gave me an idea, I'll use the prunes you sent me to break the short fast I'll do in the next couple of weeks. I'll do 2-3 days fasting like: only carrots for a day, or only fruits, and before photoshoot I'll have only green tea and energy herbal teas for 1 day or 2.

The energy drop after eating a lot of fruit is called a "glycemic spike". In response to the inflow of sugars the pancreas automatically produces a great deal of insulin to digest those. This is a quite rapid process and the sugars are readily digested, thus leaving the sense of loss of energy. For some who use other forms of manufactured sugar, it can turn into a chronic condition called hypoglygemia.

The loss of energy can also be due to a detoxification and cleansing process in response to the purer and lighter food that the fruits are.

One guy who has made it on fruits - he is a fine person - is at http://www.fruitarianfitness.com.

For my part, I think that a raw vegan diet - fruits, vegetables, sprouts, sprouted seeds and nuts, lots of wheatgrass and algae, is about the best for most people. Most need the cleansing power of the greens and algaes.

Intermittent cleansings and detoxifications are important. Once the body is more thoroughly cleansed, even just the juices and algaes can provide an optimal energy level as LEAN AND GREEN has just proved in his posts at this Forum.

Chia seeds are great!

My juice fast is already ended since last wednesday but I still got pics and the final menus that I didn't had time to enter yet so here it is:

(in the last few days of the liquid diet, I had many smoothies, creams, mashed stuff... like baby foods... as good as juices, just more fibres, takes longer to digest but still easy digestion.

-banana-blueberry smoothie

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/IMG_3475.jpg

-nectarine-banana-blueberry smoothie

-date-banana smoothie

-date-peach smoothie

EDIT: removed some of the pics; broken links

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/IMG_3519.jpg

Edited by I'm Your Man

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Back to raw! or at least, mostly raw. I ate so much junk food lately. Sometimes I was eating very bad, while other days only good food... But sometimes many days in a row of junk foods, one time for a whole week, I got sick of it.

Here's what I ate yesterday:

5 bananas

10 fresh dates

1 avocado

big portion of romaine lettuce

1 tomato

1 zucchini

10 baby carrots

1 lg yam (cooked)

Total: 1870 calories

lol, first time I do this, adding all the stuff on Nutritiondata and see the results:

Total Carbs: 416 g

fiber: 61 g

starch: 38 g

sugars: 258 g

Total Fat: 33 g

Proteins: 23 g

About those ridiculous recommandations, I got between 200% and 300% for vit. C, K, B6, and 577% for vit. A

• 2 months later...

Happy one year vegan aniversary to me ! I started to be a strict vegan in the begining of last year. Before that the animal products I was eating was mostly milk ingredients in baking goods, chocolates, etc. Prior to that I was vegetarian since year 2000 but was ocasionally eating meat or fish

During December I was eating almost only raw foods, now I've put some cooked foods (cereals, bread, peanut butter... I don't cook anything myself) back into my diet, mostly due to practical/money reasons. I'll get back to an entirely raw diet in a few weeks when cutting. I haven't been eating any soy or wheat or peanuts since several months but now I started again, because it's twice less expensive. Although I don't consume any soy protein isolate. I like raw almond butter on bananas but on bread it tastes bitter. Peanut butter is so much better on bread and much cheaper.

Here's what I'm eating, those are my favorite foods for what I consider my ideal diet right now:

Mostly organic

Fruits

Apples, grapes

Bananas, fresh dates

Grapefruit, kiwi, citrus, lime, mango, orange, berries

Tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, cucumbers, zuchini, avocado

Fruit sorbet, fruit juice (guava, passion fruit, pineapple…)

Vegetables

Alfalfa and fenugreek sprouts

Spinach, kale, collard, romaine, parsley

Carrots, beets

Seeds & Nuts

Sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, almonds

Suplements

Prairie Naturals’ Hemp-Force, North Coast Naturals’ Hemp and Rice protein, Vega whole food powder, Larabar, infusions (green tea, ginkgo biloba, hawtorn, mint, passionflower, valerian), guarana powder in fruit juice.

Not raw

Nature’s Path cereals, milk (almond, hemp, rice, soy), bread (no wheat if possible), peanut butter

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Morning: fruits

Pre-workout : fruits

Post-workout: protein powder

Lunch: salad with avocado or nuts, or sandwich

Evening: salad with avocado or nuts, or sandwich

Snacks: fruits, nuts, protein powder, Larabar, cereals

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Eat some food from each color, each day:

Yellow-orange-red: Grapefruit, kiwi, citrus, lime, mango, orange, berries, Carrots, beets

Green : Alfalfa and fenugreek sprouts

Spinach, kale, collard, romaine, parsley, cucumbers, zuchini, avocado

Beige-brown: Sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, almonds, protein powder (hemp, rice), Larabar, bananas, fresh dates, dried figs.

Happy 1 year to you IYM/GUILLAUME!!!! I had no idea you have only been vegan for a year; I just assumed so much longer by the way you carry yourself.

So a couple of quick things looking at this in summary...

1) Sprouts go a LONG way and they are really simpler than any preparation of any other food I have ever dealth with in my life and the results are far more rewarding. I was just speaking to Tasha about it. Soak for 6-12 hours, drain them and place them in a strainer. Quick rinse and try to spray some water on them with the hose from your faucet or whatever 1-3 times a day. 2-3 days later, you have a LARGE yield of yummy edible sprouts with a good source protein at a very inexpensive cost. (MUNG beans sprout like crazy and so does quinoa. Buckwheat takes a bit longer but it always sprouts; just takes an extra day)

2)Almond butter is expensive, perhaps 3 times as much as your standard pb. It can be a lot more expensive but you can get jars from 6-8 bucks here as long as you are savy and hold out when you cannot. OR you can make your own raw peanut butter, it doesn't taste the same as roasted but you might like it. The small raw Spanish peanuts, just blend with a touch of olive oil and whatever else you desire to fit you palette.

I'm sure I have more to say but at the moment, nice to check out your blog and see all is well!!!!

Got an email a few days ago from nutritiondata.com

http://blog.nutritiondata.com/ndblog/2008/12/updated-nutrien.html?mbid=NDNL

Updated nutrient info for dark chocolate and more!

What's new?

Over 200 new foods will be added to the database, reflecting new foods that have been recently introduced to the marketplace or foods that have simply become more widely consumed in recent years. Many will be of particular interest to the Nutrition Data community, including:

28 brand-name soy products, such as various flavors of Silk soy yogurt and soymilk

66 soy-based vegetarian foods, including Worthington and Morningstar brands

12 new breakfast cereals, including several Kashi brand cereals

4 types of dark chocolate representing different cacao levels

Spray (spritzer) salad dressing

Grass-fed beef and bison

Pomegranate juice

Wild blueberries

Refried beans

Microwaved vegetables, including beans and corn

Several new varieties of canned soup, including lower sodium soups

Amaranth

Here in Quebec, the publicity on tv are some of the worst in the world. The people who studied in that and now earn their life by designing those ads really lack talent. I've seen commercials from the US, France, Japan, etc, and they're better quality and less stupid. I really hate to see commercials on meat, cheese, milk, especially because they're produced with our taxes. The governement need to promote those shameful industries because the farmers don't make any money with it and even lose money. But the recent commercials for milk are the worst : it's just scenes with kids playing or with their parents and there's no relation whatsoever with milk, we don't see any milk, they're not eating anything, they're just like playing piano or hockey... and then at the end it says : "le lait, source naturelle de réconfort"... which would be something like "milk, natural source of comfort". What ? Yeah right, some pus, piss and antibiotics in irradiated milk with cholesterol is a source of comfort ?

What I ate yesterday

Usually I eat more fruits, vegetables and fresh products but I was out of those.

Numbers are for: calories, proteins, carbs and fat

9am

water

10am

1 cup pineapple juice, 120 cal, 1 pro, 30 carb, 0 fat

250 ml soy milk, 100 cal, 8 pro, 7 carb, 4 fat

2 cups Nature's Path's Rice Puffs, 100, 2, 28, 0

1pm

water with 25 gr hemp protein, 90, 12, 2, 3

2:30pm

100 gr dark chocolate, 450, 4, 50, 22

3:30pm

1 cup pineapple juice, 120, 1, 30, 0

1 cup Nature's Path's Rice Puffs, 50, 1, 14, 0

250 ml soy milk, 100, 8, 7, 3

6pm

2 quinoa-kamut bagels, 460, 20, 100, 2

2 cups yellow split pea soup, 350, 18, 50, 0

1 carrot, 25, 1, 6, 0

8-9 pm : resistance training

water

9pm

1 cup pineapple juice 120, 1, 30, 0

9:30pm

water with 30 gr hemp protein, 120, 14, 5, 3

midnight

6 california walnuts, 200, 5, 4, 20

Total=

calories= 2285

proteins=95

carbs=325

fats=56

So the giant Pfeizer,world #1 of pharmaceutical companies, bought for 63 BILLION $ another giant company producing vaccines and medecine...

The journalists commenting the news said :

-So now Pfeizer is even more giant...

-Yes, even more #1 than before...

And in Quebec, all papers from Montreal and near areas destined to recycling is not getting recycled anymore... there's a place where they just put tons and tons (it looks like the China's Wall) of paper outside in the snow... the reason is that paper lost value, it dropped from $5/ton to $0.05/ton (honestly I don't remember, I'm just inventig those numbers) and nobody wants it...

Some pics of food I ate lately:

a dried fig

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/Vegan%20Food/IMG_7028.jpg

Hanna said "carrot-citrus jam" mistaking with marmelade (orange and orange zest)... it gave me an idea, though carrot-citrus could not make jam or a good jam, I made this mango-citrus-carrot thing, pretty good

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/Vegan%20Food/IMG_7023.jpg

Bananas with Nature's Path's Hemp Plus granola cereals with Manitoba Harvest Hemp Seeds Nut.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/Vegan%20Food/IMG_7044.jpg

• 6 months later...

wow this is so old... the weather was like minus20 degrees celcius and now its 30, sometimes 40 degrees. hot and there was smog in the air during the whole week; couldn't breathe. I dont have asthma or anything, but the air was so filled with scum that nobody want to take deep breath of this shit. Really can't wait to leave this crazy town : in just about 2 weeks I leave ! but for some even more polluted and stressful - but surely amazing- places : new york, london, paris... then perhaps I'll be able to breathe some fresh air when walking on some rustic roads in France, belgium, etc, or to take a nap under a tree that isn't standing in the middle of a traffic jam.

Anyways, I hate some delicious fruits during the past few weeks, especially when I did some sort of fruit fasting 2 times for one week each, eating fruits, and green salads.. .that was good, but then I came back to my addictions like cookies or soy chocolate ice cream and other sweets, etc or some more healthier stuff like sandwiches... I start again a clean diet for a week and a half before departure: fruits, greens, hemp protein shakes...

I love those sour yellow prunes, delicious, juicy and refreshing...

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/2009/2009%20vegan%20servings/09-08-09mi-aout052.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/2009/2009%20vegan%20servings/09-08-09pendantfrancos005.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/2009/2009%20vegan%20servings/P1010442.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/2009/2009%20vegan%20servings/P1000346.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/2009/2009%20vegan%20servings/P1010102.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/2009/2009%20vegan%20servings/P1000472.jpg

more: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/2009/2009%20vegan%20servings/P1000037.jpg

• 1 month later...

I thought I posted some pics of what I was eating lately during my trip in Europe but I didn't. So here's some stuff I was eating.

Smoked tofu with Tofutti cream cheese, sweet peas.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/2009/2009%20vegan%20servings/th_DSC01299.jpg

Some organic plums from The Garden of Hanna (would make a good title for a movie).

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/2009/2009%20vegan%20servings/DSC01312.jpg

Some yerba mate drink from a health food store in Finland.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/2009/2009%20vegan%20servings/DSC01324.jpg

Back in Montreal, some pita I made with ground fake chicken.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/2009/2009%20vegan%20servings/DSC02075.jpg

And a vegan burger I cooked.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/2009/2009%20vegan%20servings/DSC02103.jpg

My new Winter diet:

I bought lots of food in bulk that wasn't too expensive: oats and oat bran for oatmeal and I add raisins and soy milk in it (or rice milk, etc). I want to avoid eating too much wheat and soy, so I will eat:

quinoa, rice, oatmeal, corn pastas, soba noodles (buckwheat noodles), rice noodles, mung beans noodles (this product is increddible, more proteins than carbs in it, delicious, particular texture and taste, etc), hemp protein shakes, veggies and fruits.

• 7 months later...

I eat 100% raw vegan since almost 2 weeks now - I began 1st of June and decided to do this for at least one month. I will continue longer for sure because I feel much better than before and am getting fit and cut... In winter I'll aim for at least 50% raw.

The first week I lost 7 pounds of fat and water.

I eat delicious foods like cherries, blueberries, bananas, apples, dates, hemp, large salads...

Will post pics of food, pics of me and my training log soon! Not now cuz I'm typing on my iPhone ...

• 3 months later...

Lol, last month I've been sick for less than 5 days with a flue, it always strike me once or twice a year with muscular pains... I don't really have the cough and sneeze exept a bit near the end. But my 2 roommates got sick and they have been sick for 2 weeks ! I'm not kidding. They are very sick for the first week and then their body is very slow at getting back to their 100% health, which is not very healthy anyway. After 2 weeks they are still coughing and sneezing, I didn't know it was even possible. This is the results of meat, coffee, sugar, cigarette, stress, lack of touch and physical activity, etc...

During that 1 month raw back in June I felt much better.

Now i'm eating a lot of cooked food, but I will try to eat more vegetables and raw. In summer I'm more tempted by fruits. In winter if I eat raw it would be higher in fat (seeds, nuts, avocados). But if I eat cooked food I will try to avoid wheat and soy as much as possible, so a lot of legumes, gluten-free bread with avocado or other kinds of sandwiches. I love rice paper to replace bread. Yellow split pea soup, black beans with rice, etc...

I see you have the same preference for food as I do. I would be raw 100 % if only I had unlimited supply. But hey, isn't there autumn in Canada. too? I guess you have lots of ripe fresh fruit there now. Use it until winter comes. Eating raw fruit most of the time is a way to go, I think. I was raw this spring for 2 months, and I've been eating fruit for 3 days now, and I feel very nice!