Jamie's Training/Diet Log

Alright! I am feeling amazing! I think any dairy, meat, etc. is now officially out of my system! I have so much more energy and am not near as hungry as I normally am throughout the day. My typical exercise routine (I teach fitnes classes, so I don't follow a typical plan. I used to lift in the gym, but at this point only teach classes to avoid overtraining:

Mondays - 30 min martial arts training/zumba 1 hour

Tuesdays - 30 min martial arts training/bodypump/zumba

Wednesdays - bodycombat/bodypump

Thursdays - bodycombat/zumba

Fridays - off

Saturdays - light run/yoga

Sundays -bodypump/bodycombat

Diet: (I've had trouble soy before, and am still trying to adjust to it, but think I'll be ok)

oatmeal/raw nut butter/berries or vega

apple w/ handful of sunflower seeds

big salad with veggies/tempeh and braggs vinegar

carrots and hummus

vega shake or some kind of tofu dish.

lots of water, herba mate tea in the midday.

I am not sure of your first name, but wanted to thank you for your help and blogs. I read your articles online and checked out the pics of your meals. It has really helped me!

I am eating big portions when I do eat, and because today is a 3 hour workout b/c I picked up a class, I eat more carbs. I am now sick with sinus congestion, however and wondering if I'm overloading on soy. Between the Vega and soy, let me just say it is better if I'm not around people (which trying to teach classes with this problem is killing me)! The digestive effects are not the greatest, which I am attributing to the increase in fiber with the veggies and vega at this point. I know the soy causes it, but I can't say how much is soy and how much is from fiber.

I have however lost 5 lbs, and I am not constantly craving food which was a big problem on the typical fitness diet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Haven't posted in a while, but I'm doing well. I feel like I've lost some strength in the gym, but other than that, things are good. I am definitely leaner at this point, something I thought I couldn't acheive b/c I was already eating as well as I could and working out like a maniac. I have managed to make some pretty interesting meals with beans, and I discovered some indian dishes that are easy to prepare and delicious. I still keep an eye on carb intake, but I pretty much eat when I'm hungry and found that with some planning, I manage just fine. Couldn't live without the VEGA. I had to grow to like the taste, but now I look forward to it.

• 1 month later...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! All of you have been such an inspiration to me, and without the support of this site and being able to read your stories, I don't feel I would have stuck to it. It can be difficult to break habits no matter how badly you believe in something, but I have been able to stick to a vegan diet because of you all. Now, I am now at the stage where it has become a lifestyle for me and I no longer struggle with figuring out what to eat!

I am just so amazed at this point with the change in my body. So many people are commenting on my body at this point, I have really transformed in such a short period of time just by not consuming animal products and cutting my protein intake. I have leaned out to where even my face looks different. I have never felt this good in my life! Being in the fitness industry, people keep asking me what I have done to change so drastically so quickly. I haven't been this little since high school! It is crazy! I will try to post pics once I figure out how to downsize them.

Thanks to all of you for inspiring me and giving me strength to begin and stay with the journey!