Gym bought out

Renecarol25

My gym membership ran out this week and our family owned gym got bought out by a small local chain. They are raising their rates by 150% way more than double what I should've had to pay to renew. So I have no where to workout as of right now. I am doing some gym-shopping.

The same thing happened to me, but the city I'm in is big enough that they built a recreation center, and it is 50 bucks for a year pass. My old gym was 24 bucks a month, it too was bought out by a chain, and the guy running it didnt really care about it like he did in the beginning.

We joined the fitness center where my daughter figure skates today. I had been planning to start paying a daily rate for both of us so I could start teaching her how to swim. She has learned a little from camp but I want to work with her more (I was on the swim team in high school and college). And I was planning to get skates and start skating with her more often (not have to pay a rental fee in addition to the daily rate). So that is working out for us. And we talked about it and we are going to start taking their yoga and pilates class. At the gym we were at you had to be at least 12 to do anything. Its going to be awesome.

Aweome Renee,

I'm glad something worked out well for you.

I've jumped around to many gyms over the years so I've had to adjust to new places all the time, but it's fun to meet lots of new people too.

Glad to hear the good news.

-Robert

I'm going to talk to the yoga instructor tonight about Lex taking her class. I know she can do the Pilates class because that instructor tried to get her to sign up before. Yeah it would've $8 a class then. This instructor (for tonight's class) offers a Wednesday class specifically for kids so it could be that she wants the monday class to be for adults only. Teaching Lex to swim is going to be a LOT harder than I thought.. so I may end up signing her up for lessons afterall. I haven't given up YET. I'll give it a few more weeks to see if I see any improvement. So far I'm liking the new fitness cneter - I've went skating 3 times already.