steffapeppa: the moves & the meals

8-19-09

moves

Kenpo X - well I thought I'd get a weather break-no such luck. I'm working solo at least so that will generate less heat.

OK-I made it and it wasn't so bad----just still having some weirdness in the leg. It had almost gone away for a while

but now it's back and worse than ever. Groin muscle feels slightly off or out of joint or something. The stretching last night has

seemed to irritate it. I can't afford to get it checked out

so I'll work with it.

I am starting to not recognize myself-like my back. Not just skin and bones anymore. I like it, I like it! I am really starting to see

significant changes-----wowie.

[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]

meals

9:30 Fruit Salad! (1/2 peach, pineapple, 1/2 pear, red grapes, raspberries..it's all good)

(11:00 workout) w/ packet of Emergen-C & water

12:30 18oz shake (soy protein, peach, banana, pinch spirulina, rice milk)

2:45 cup of 7 grain cereal, unsw Almond Breeze, raspberries & blackberries

4:00 3 cups black coffee

6:00 1/2 orange

6:30 GI-NORMOUS salad (green lettuce, large tomato,cuke, garbanzos, red cabbage, green/orange pepper, basil, broccoli, carrot, agave mustard dressing,

sea salt, pepper)

1 1/2 ears of corn w/Earth Balance, sea salt

2 pieces multi grain bread, toasted with my fresh pesto! YUM-MO

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8-20-09

moves

Core Synergystics--- it's cool 'cause there's 2 "y"s. Naw. I sound like a broken record, but this heat is a stinker. I am waiting for it to cool down a tad...late workout here I come....Well it did NOT cool down---it was certainly over 80 degrees in that place with a door open and a fan. I actually did better than last time nonetheless!!! Yeah!

[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]

meals

10:00 Fruit in das bowl(1 peach, banana, 1/2 pear, pineapple, red grapes, 1/2 orange, shredded coconut)

12:15 Whole sandwich- (toasted sprouted bread, peppered deli slices, PERFECT huge jersey tomato slice,

org. onion and lettuce w/ Vegenaise) FYI I made 2 of these sandwiches for M and HAD to have my own as it looked too good

2:00 2 cups black coffee (1/2 decaf)

3:30 small portion mac & cheeZe

5:00 2 peaches

7:00 SALAD(green lettuce, tomato, cukes, green pepper, carrot, 8 almonds, red cabbage, agave mustard dressing)

2 small pieces multi grain baguette w/ pesto, ear of yellow corn w/Earth Balance, sea salt.

10:30 date

(11:00 workout) & another date

8-21-09

moves

Yoga X--- Another solo workout....trying to catch my reflection in the door windows to see my form. That's one thing-there is

no expert watching and critiquing us...I would say that is the good thing about having a partner: you can keep an eye on each other and

help out the best that you can while doing the moves yourself. Even tho I was very tired as it was late and I had had no more than 4 1/2 hours of sleep the night before, I felt strong. Much more enjoyable when you feel strong.

However, when I got to the 1 foot balancing poses, I felt worse than ever. Something had to go and I never had that to begin with~

[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]

meals

7:15 Fruit Salad-(peach, banana, pear, grapes, orange)

8:00 small bowl of Shredded Oats Almond Vanilla w/ almond milk

10:30 2 cups black coffee, Raw Revolution bar

2:15 soy jerky, banana, some wheat baguette toasted w/pesto

3:001/2 banana blueberry muffin, decaf green tea

9:00 handful of Shredded Oat Cereal, tamari almonds, a date, Emergen-C packet w/water

(10:45 workout) handful of nuts

Edited by steffapeppa40

8-22-09

moves

Day off from workouts. I walked around nonstop from 11:30 until 4:30. Then I walked around at night before and after watching

roller derby (1 1/2 miles).

meals

5:45 I just cant remember if it was a fruit salad---too early! Wait I think it was.

6:20 small bowl of Shredded Oats Vanilla Almond cereal w/ almond milk

11:45 good sized salad- (red leaf, red cabbage, 1/2 big tomato, cuke, bell pepper, agave mustard dressing), 3/5 almond butter/jelly sandwich on sprouted

english muffin, handful of nuts and seeds and raisins,

2 cups black coffee nursed for a few hours whist walking about

out to Asbury Park:

6:35 1 1/2 large pieces of amazing vegan pizza (w.w. crust, cheeZe, bell pepper, pineapple, port. mushroom) 1/3 vitamin water

7:15 v. coffee ice cream in a sugar cone ---I've been thinking of going to this place for 2 years now....

10:45-12:15 2 beers

1:45 a few bites of pizza

I got worse throughout the day but tomorrow's another day...

Edited by steffapeppa40

I'm not very good at balancing poses either. Your fruit salad always sounds so yummy.

mmm the fruit is something we have been doing for 2 1/2 years-now it's like there is something terribly wrong if we don't

start with 1 or 2 pieces fruit or a salad. Then if we have a less than stellar food day, at least we've had a good beginning...

8-23-09

moves

Starting week 9! hot! hot! hot! (not me, the weather).

Well it wasn't as bad as other days(and late nights!) ---did a workout I haven't done in a month,

Back and Chest---pretty much all different kinds of pushups and pull ups with a couple other moves sprinkled in. I certainly see a change in some

of the numbers.

[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]

meals

10:15 banana

11:30 1 1/2 cups Shredded Oats cereal, unsw. Almond Breeze

2:00 banana

3:30 remainder of w.w. pizza slice from night before (sans cheeZe), handful wasabi peas and tamari almonds

5:30 1/2 odwalla bar, 1/2 cup black coffee decaf (it was yucky), a few wheat crackers

7:30 3/5 burrito(pinto & black beans, onion, garlic, zucchini, med pepper, guacamole on sprouted tortilla) w/ med. salsa and

brown rice

steamed collard greans

1/2 ear corn w/ Earth Balance, sea salt

9:00 1/2 odwalla bar

(11:45 workout) 1/2 apple, packet Emergen-C w/water

1:15 1 protein odwalla bar

8-24-09

moves

Ab Ripper- oh yes, those 11 different moves still make me anxious but I'm doing them!

Plyometrics--- the humidity was down and my energy was UP. Feeling all over better with this one! Trying to squat and lunge lower and

jump a little higher.

meals

10:30 Salad of the Fruit (1/2 apple, pineapple, 1 banana, 1 date, 1 nectarine, 1 orange, shredded coconut)

(1:30 ab ripper)

2:00 1 1/2 cup 7 grain cereal w/Almond Breeze and a little agave nectar, handful of pistachios

3:00 banana

4:45 2 dates

(5:30 plyo workout) 1 packet Emergen-C

7:00 Odwalla bar

8:30 brown rice, 2/3 awesome left-over burrito from last night, more guac., 1/2 beer,

large salad (butter lettuce, fresh basil and parsley, carrot, pepper, celery, tomato, cuke, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt, 5 tamari almonds)

11:30 glass of cold unsw peppermint tea

12:30 around 6 crackers

8-25-09

Low humidity day is a-o-k!

moves

Biking to and from farm (approx 5.5 miles) w/ backpack full of stuff on the way back... fun prickers got my arm TWICE. Just looks like my cat got me again.

Shoulders & Arms--- whoopie! My fave workout since Kenpo! I know it sounds lame, but I have an affection for workouts that do not include myself doing pull-ups(assisted) or crazy balance moves or pushups or 10,000 squats.......

I am in week 9 of this program and I haven't done this particular workout since week 1, 2, and 3. M said he saw significant improvements since then so I was hoping to see the same....I did improve, there is no doubt; but maybe not _that_ significantly.

It felt surprisingly good- like I was glowing from within- a good heat! Quite pumped. ( I wish I wasn't out of protein powder today!) There is a bonus round and I was hungry to do that like never before. Since we have a better selection of weights, it made it a lot easier to follow along... whereas before, if a rep of 16 was required and I needed less than 10 lbs, I'd have to just do it without any weighs (no I usually don't have 2 cans around that are the same size).

I'll be posting the befores and afters of every workout after day 90.

Ab Ripper---- I am happy that I can do the last move, (40) Mason Twists (Kayaks) w/o pausing --- and for the last few times, I can go to 44....

Also, this was the second workout that I was able to do the Oblique V-ups all the way thru w/o pausing (tho I paused between the left side and the

right side. Yeah core!

[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]

meals

11:00 Salad of Fruit (1 orange, 1/4 apple, 1 kiwi, 1 nectarine, shredded coconut)

12:00 1 1/2 cup 7 grain cereal flakes w/Almond Breeze, agave

12:30 2 cups org. black coffee, sm handful tamari almonds, a couple puffed spelt cakes

2:00 handful wheat thin like crackers

(2:30 bike ride) date, grazed on raspberries, cherry tomatoes and herbs at farm

5:30 1 1/2 cup kamut and w.w. pasta pesto, a few pistachios

(8:45 workout)

11:00 big salad that could not wait til tomorrow! (basil, parsley, butter lettuce, tomato, carrot, walnuts, hemp seeds, beets, agave mustard dressing)

12:45 am picked on cukes, basil, dill while making a salad for tomorrow

that is a solid ab workout for sure. plyo is always fun stuff.

I am very much looking forward to the day that the ab workout is less of a struggle because I've gotten that much

stronger! Its a pain to keep jumping up to push the pause button! Well, I know the thing by heart, but I want to be

able to keep up to the pace that is set...and that's a hell of a pace in all of the workouts~!

I'm hoping you're feeling better and better-

8-27-09

moves

I was an early bird (early for me) doing

Yoga X. I felt pretty sore and certainly less strong than the previous 2 yoga workouts. Why?

Well, doing the Shoulders and Arms workout the evening prior is the answer. Ugh.

meals

9:00 2 bananas

(10:00 workout)

12:30 cup of oatmeal, toasted pecans, raisins, agave nectar, unsw Almond Breeze

5:00 expresso!

5:30 1/2 cup org black coffee, 1/2 untuna sandwich on wheat sub roll, 2 Fig Newman cookies, 2 handful of corn chips

large salad(basil, cilantro, dill, tomato, cuke, spinach, bell pepper, string beans, agave mustard dressing)

11:30 1/3 leftover bean burrito, salsa, brown rice, handful corn chips, unsw cold peppermint tea, handful Shredded Oat cereal

8-28-09

moves

Back and Legs---oh yes-pull ups and squatty things galore! Most moves do not include weights but have many reps. It is a good

workout! Not my fave, but I feel a big difference since the beginning.

Ab Ripper---was so going to skip out...feeling pretty depressed for different reasons..... but m got me back into it when he got home. It's all good(w/my abs anyway)

meals

11:00 Fruit Salad (1 peach, 1 banana, 1/2 apple, 1/2 orange, 1 date)

12:00 1 1/2 cup 7 grain cereal and shredded oat cereal, unsw Almond Br., agave nectar

1:00 cashews, walnuts, 2 Fig Newmans, 2 cups org. black coffee

(3:13 workout) 1 date

4:30 shake (rice protein 30gr, blueberries, banana, 12 oz rice milk, 1/8 tsp spirulina powder) wasn't that great.

5:15 Primal Strip package

(10:15 ab workout) date

11:00 a salad that was quite big( red leaf, tomatillo, tomato, cuke, red cabbage pepper, string beans, tamari pumpkin seeds, agave mustard dressing)

red wine, 1/2 Fig Newman, toasted heal of w.w. bread baguette w/ garlic, no oil.

these late nights are a no-no & I know know it.

8-30-09

first time I've skipped this log but that's alight---it's not like I "fell off the wagon" or anything…just don't want to break my brain thinking about what I ate 2

days ago and stuff

moves

Well, just to back up a bit, I will say that I did Kenpo on friday night after eating some vegan pizza and ice cream (2 1/2 hours after) and I could still feel it sitting there even tho I didn't stuff myself. Lesson learned!

Ab Ripper---- I read online about some guy doing this workout before his main workout instead of after, as the program says. I tried it and I liked it. Get it over first: why not?

Chest Shoulders and Triceps---wow this one was a toughie (well they all are) but I like it. Even with all of the variety of push ups. I worked at doing more of the push-ups without my knees.

I haven't done this workout in 5 weeks and I did improve on most everything is fine by me. I know I'll be hurting' for certain tomorrow!

[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]

meals

9:30 1/2 cantaloupe

10:15 1 1/2 cup Shredded Oats cereal, unsw Almond Breeze, agave nectar

11:00 2 cups org. black coffee

1:00 1 1/2 cup amazing Sesame Garlic Tofu Kale Salad (includes kale, carrot, red cabbage, a lot of garlic, toasted almonds, sesame seeds, ginger,

soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, baked tofu). I think I could eat this every day but 1. it takes a while to make it and 2. I reek of garlic!

3:00 glass of red wine

3:30 big nectarine

6:00 handful of walnuts

6:30 almond butter and jelly sandwich on sprouted (toasted) english muffin w/sprinkle of hemp seeds, peppermint tea (unsw)

(9:00 workout) 2 dates

11:00 shake (banana, blueberries, rice protein, rice milk) eh.

11:30 4 spoonfuls of kale salad, 1/2 corn on the cob w/ e.b. and sea salt, glass of red wine, some rice sticks, roasted pumpkin seeds

time for a new avatar! Sick of that one!

8-31-09

moves

Plyometrics---feeling stronger 'cept for a couple weird twinges in the same spot as they usually occur. Sure doesn't hurt when it is a top 10 day out there! Feeling really nice after we are finished….like "aaahhh what's next?" Pumped not pooped! hahaha I laugh at my "cleverness"!

meals

10:30 1/2 cantaloupe

11:15 Fruit Salad (1/2 kiwi, 1/2 apple, 1/4 pear, 1/2 orange, 1 banana, shredded coconut)

12:00 sprouted english muffin w/E.B., 1 1/2 cup org. black coffee

(3:00 workout) 1 packet Emergen-C w/water

4:30 walnuts, rice sticks, almonds

5:15 Nate's meatless meatballs (5) sub w/tomato sauce on multi grain baguette…organic tomato pepper &basil salad w/olive oil and red w. vinegar, pepper, sea salt…..last of the tofu kale salad…..red wine (2)..….handful chocolate chips

9:15 1/2 of this delish new protein bar (mocha)

11:00 cold unsw. peppermint tea

9-1-09

moves

Back and Biceps----HAMMERING those biceps! goodness. Why do I like it so much? This is the 4th time I have tried this workout.

I have some free time so I'll share….

compared to when I last did this workout 3 weeks ago: (old /// new)...

Lawnmowers

15@20lb /// 15@25lb

Twenty-Ones

21 @ 15lb /// 14 @17.5lb & 7@15lb

1-Arm Cross-Body Curls

15@15lb /// [email protected]

Elbows-Out Lawnmowers

[email protected] /// 15@20lb

Standing Bicep Curls

[email protected] /// [email protected]

One-Arm Concentration Curls

10 @12.5lb /// [email protected]

Reverse Grip Bent-Over Rows

14@15lb (form not great) /// 12@15lb (good form)

Open Arm Curls

10@15lb /// 11@ 15lb

Static Arm Curls (supposed to do 16)

[email protected] /// same

Congdon Locomotives (supp. to do 40)

40 @ 15lb /// same

Crouching Cohen Curls

One-Arm Corkscrew Curls

Seated Bent Over Back Flys

10@15lb /// 12@15lb

Curl-Up/Hammer Downs

10@15lb /// 11@15lb

Hammer Curls

10@15lb /// 10 + 2@15lb

In-Out Hammer Curls

Strip Set Curls

8@15

[email protected]

8@20

[email protected]

same this time too

Also had the following assisted:

Wide front Pull-Ups- worse

Switch Grip Pull-Ups-same

Chin-Ups-better

Corn Cob Pull-Ups-same

Towel Pull-Ups---The biggest improvement-I did 12 , doubling my last 2 workouts.

Max-Rep Pull-Ups-better

Ab Ripper---- tried it in my house. Doing better…did 50 Mason (Kayak) twists w/o stopping. Everything does seem to be getting a bit easier….hmmmm

it's working???

meals

9:30 1/2 apple, 2 bananas

10:15 1 plus bowl of shredded wheat, unsw Almond Breeze, agave nectar, 2 cup org. black coffee

(12:30 workout)

1:45 1 cup shake (banana, blues, rice protein, spiraling), handful walnuts, almonds, rice sticks

3:15 2 pieces french toast (sprouted bread) w/ maple syrup/agave, 3 soy sausage patties, orange juice, 1/2 cup coffee

4:00 a few herbs and berries at the farm

5:00 glass of red wine, rice sticks, puffed spelt cake(like small thin rice cake)

8:00 Big Salad ( green leaf, red cabbage, tomato, cue, green pepper, carrot, scallions, string beans, hemp seeds, tamari almonds, olive oil & red wine vinegar,

sea salt)

8:30 sm. handful wheat thin like crackers

(9:30 ab ripper)

11:00 apple

11:30 3 spelt cakes