Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: dietcoke's get rid o' fear log
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:00 pm 
Rabbit

Yay! I'm starting a log!!! I actually think it will be the only thing making me lift everydayish (different parts each day), a bunch of people seeing how much a whimp I am!

Basic stats: I'm 5ish feet tall, 95-101 lbs (43-46kg) and I play water polo. http://www.waspclub.com/pages/564511/index.htm I'm the second/third smallest person on the team, and right now I kind of suck. (I've gotten better, though!!!)

My biggest problem is that I am on the 16/18 and unders because of my b-day (I'm actually 14) so a lot of the girls are bigger than me. So, naturally I get intimidated when I play games.

So...one of our biggest tornements is County Cup, which is at the beginning of May. Last year (when I wasn't on the team) our team got 3rd, so we are pretty pressured. (We play national/international) Is that enough time to get "unintimidated"? (If it's not then I can change my goal to mid-summer, when we go to JO's... Jr. Olympics :shock: )

So...yeah. Today I've done:
1 hr. really slow running--it's PATHETIC how slow I run...

and I WILL "lift". (in quotes cuz I use resistance bands) I promise. If I don't start now, watching America's Next Top Anorexic will get me motivated. (AKA America's Next Top Model)

I'm doing arms today.

Does anyone know how I would post what "moves" I do?

Today's good eats so far:
brekky: 3 T cream of wheat w/ 1 T cocoa powder, 3/4 cup pb puffins, 1/2 cup cinnamon life cereal, wheat bran

If I stay at home lunch is prolly gonna be more cereal and veggies. (Cereal is my favorite food. :) )

"This is not a recreational sport."

"I am tired of losing. I want to win. I want to kick ass."

"I couldn't give shit if you want to "make friends" or "have a good time." "

Post subject: Re: dietcoke's get rid o' fear log
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:52 pm 
Elephant

Cool to see your log, Coke 8)
An online training log is a good thing for motivation and feedback :D

dietcoke wrote:
1 hr. really slow running--it's PATHETIC how slow I run...

Hey, most top endurance athletes train ~75% slow! Slow running is better for you :)

Quote:
and I WILL "lift". (in quotes cuz I use resistance bands) I promise.

That's good. At your age too exaggerated weights would do more harm than good.

Quote:
If I don't start now, watching America's Next Top Anorexic will get me motivated. (AKA America's Next Top Model)

:lol:

Quote:
Does anyone know how I would post what "moves" I do?

Erm, describe?

Good luck with your goals!

I love cereals, too, by the way! :roll:

Love and peace,
Daywalker 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:24 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks!

Anyhoo, I did my arms yesterday--the back/front parts and my back. I also did abs. And I walked to Starbucks. (2 miles)

ARG. That girl (Cassie) on America's Next Top Model was SO ANNOYING. "I'm a low carber..." "Hey, who wrote in my brownies?"

Yesterdays meals. (continues)

Lunch: big bag o' veggies, nuked. 1 muffin. 1 nana w/ peanut butter. More pb off the spoon. A few more handfulls cereal.

snack: tall soy latte, 5 apricots, more cereal, apple

dinner: more veggies (winter puts me in a warm veggie type of mood!!!), a roll, 1/4 cup oatmeal w/ wheat bran, another muffin

snack: chocolate soy pudding with 1/2 nana. 1 T pb.

Today:
breakfast: 2.5 T cream of wheat (would've been 3 if my microwave wasn't so screwy!) w/ 1 T chocolate powder, 1 T peanut butter, 1 nana. 1 muffin. more veggies (spinach, this time)

Haven't excersized yet, but plan on maybe some running and I need to go to the library, so 2 miles walking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:31 pm 
Elephant

Hello Diet Coke!

Great to see you lifting!

Regarding your diet, I would add some more protein to your intake, beans, tofu, protein shake, etc. You can check your intake at http://www.fitday.com It's a free service and you would be able to track your caloric intake, protein intake, fats intake, carbs, etc :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:45 pm 
Rabbit

How much protein would I need? Proteins the one thing I've always been confused about.

I'll check out fitday--it sounds cool. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:36 am 
Rabbit

yesterday:
lunch: onion-carrot soup, 2 rolls (one w/ 1 T pb), a pear
dinner: more soup, some tofu, another roll, a muffin, 1/2 an apple, a plum, some spinach

Excersize: no weights. 1 hr. run, 2 hr. water polo practice. (I went running before I realized that I still had practice.)

breakfast: 2 servings Cream of Wheat (so 6 T) one w/ 1 T cocoa powder and 1.5T pb, another with just cinnamon. 10 oz. spinach

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:18 pm 
Gorilla

I love the name of your log, dietcoke! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:11 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks!

eats (continued):
lunch: 1/2 pb and nana sammich, 1 apple, carrots, 1 hi-protein oatmeal cookie
snack: luna bar
dinner: 5 T cream of wheat (first 3 with cinnamon and raisins (1/2 cup), next 2 w/ 1/2 T pb) 1/2 T pb, 1/2 T jam off a spoon (making my sister a sammich), 10 oz. spinach, some tofu

excersize: arms (side parts, back, front), chest, back, 30 min. slow jog, 2 hr. water polo practice

ARG. I have been having SO MUCH trouble with pressure passing--it's insane! (Pressure passing-passing with someone heavily guarding you) I know EXACTLY how to do it--in fact, I know three different ways--but my body seems to have a mental block. :(

I felt elated today, like I wanted to do a juice fast of something (haha... my mom would hunt me down...). I was going to do some yoga but had to go to school. :evil:

I also hate how tired water polo makes me in the evenings--it ends at 5:30, which means I get home around 6pm. I'm usually in bed by eight! (Which is where I'm going now...) :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:03 am 
Rabbit

today:
breakfast: 1 serving cream of wheat (3 T) w/ 1/4 cup raisins and 1 T pb, 1 muffin, 1/2 a nana

in my backpack for school:
1/2 pb&j, some baby carrots, some sugar snap peas, an apple, a plum, some soynuts and (for after school) a luna bar.

Yesterday I had an orange luna bar... *barf*. I couldn't believe I found a luna bar I didn't like!!! (Well...I was dissapointed with the dulce de luce, pb cookie and sweet dreams...but still!) And I had to eat it or else I would die at water polo.

Oh...luna bars... you have failed me! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:11 pm 
Rabbit

Change of plans: I love my mom! I had a doctor's appointment today, and as we were driving home my mom was like: are you doing anything important in school today? I said no, (just studying for finals) and she took me home!!! So...

lunch: 3 T cream of wheat w/ cocoa powder and 1.5 T pb, 2 plums, some raisins

I haven't been eating many veggies as we don't have any good ones at home. :(

Aaaahhh... sooo relaxed... I wish I was home schooled!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:58 am 
Rabbit

dinner: 2 more plums, an apple, 1 can of lentil soup, 1 roll, 1 muffin, 2 T cream of wheat

Excersize: 30 min. run, 2 hr. 20 min. water polo practice, arms (front parts...the ones that most people flex)

--today--
breakfast: 6 T (2 servings) cream of wheat (3 T w/ handful raisins, 3 T w/ peanut butter), 1 small muffin (the kind made in the mini-muffin tins)

GOOD NEWS!!!
Yesterday a 14 and under came to our practice because she's going to the Florida International Tournament. (Which I am not going...:( ) Anyhoo... she used to be SOOO much faster than me, now I'm finishing five seconds ahead!!!! YAY!!!

More GOOD NEWS!!!
I'm going to swim team tomorrow!!! No water polo practice, as we have a tournement in Canada (which, once again, I couldn't go. :evil: ) so I get to go back to my old swim team!!! Only problem is the practices are only an hour long, one at 7am (we are such whimps--most kids for morning practices get up at 4!) and one at 5pm. This means I leave at 6am because I have to walk, and because I would like to get in about 30 min. before practice. (These workouts are REALLY easy.)

So tomorrow's looking like: 4.5 miles walking (1.5 to swim team, 1.5 home from school, 1.5 BACK to swim team...haha... then I call my mom) and hopefully three hours swimming. (1.5 morn. 1.5 night) I doubt our coach will give us anything hard though.

BAD NEWS:
We get the evil coach today. :( evil coach+slow swimmers+tournement tomorrow+people not showing up=hell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:39 am 
Rabbit

Haha... I got a carpool to swimteam... thank G-d... I didn't realize how dark it is out!!!

lunch: 1 apple, 1/2 pb & nana sammich, 1/2 nana, some soynuts
snack: luna bar
dinner: BIG plate (entire 10 oz. bag) brussle sprouts, 2 more servings cream of wheat (w/ 1 T pb, another with raisins)

excersize: 30 min. run, 2 hr. water polo practice, arms again

I know... I shouldn't be doing the same muscles in a row... but yesterday my coaches spent, like, 10 minutes helping me with outletting the ball (throwing it across the pool to the other person) I still can't to it. :(

Today so far:
breakfast: 1 mini muffin, 1 apple w/ 2 T pb, 5 oz. broccoli, 5 oz. green beans

Post subject: hi...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:45 am 
Manatee

Wow, you're definitely the most motivated and determined teenager I know!!!
Keep up the good work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:50 am 
Rabbit

Thanks, phoenix!

Yesterday has to have been the WORST food day of my life. :( Not that the food wasn't tasty--no, when you are so hungry you are delerious food tends to taste fine--but... okay, just look:

breakfast: normal (already posted)

1 hr. swim team

snack: huh? Snack? Oh, of course, look who brought a ORANGE FLAVORED LUNA BAR. :evil: I thought I was grabbing lemon zest, but NOOOO. Well, I wasn't really THAT hungry (swimming makes you feel more hungry, anyway, so I figured I would wait until second or third period to see how hungry I really was) I gave the luna bar to my friend, who doesn't have to be at school until 10:15 due to finals. :evil: :evil: :evil:

lunch: ??? What is this "lunch" you speak of? OH!!! I know, it's that 25 minute "period" that our school most graciously gives its students!!! Isn't that when you go to the cafeteria and eat your most delicious, homeade pb&j, apple, preztles and homeade oatmeal cookie?

Oh yeah, that. Helps when you DON'T forget your lunch and ASB card. Plus, the only thing I can eat in the lunch room is overripe, warm apples, mushy nanas, and cocoa puffs. All of which cost about 2 bucks each. I skipped and had my after school snack. (apple) Oh, and studied for finals.

(Who in G-D'S NAME gives eighth graders finals???!!! I really don't care about the "your taking 9th grade math" thingy, we have to take finals AND we don't get this "only 2 hours of school" thing)

Anyhoo:
A.S. snack (after school): hmmm...had that for lunch, didn't I? Oh well, I thought ignorently, I'll just buy a luna bar at QFC today and walk home!

It helps when your money is in your POCKET, not swim bag, which is at the pool.

So I walked (nearly ran) home, where I had a nana-chocolate muffin-made-in-microwave (dump 1/2 a nana, few scoops flour, some sweetener to taste, 1 T cocoa powder, TEENY WEENY bit of baking soda/powder into a bowl with some water. Micronuke for 2 min.) and some salsa.

Then, only fifteen minutes after that I walked BACK to the pool, where I swam for one hour, 40 min. more.

By now I was RAVENOUS, to the point that I told my coach that I couldn't work on flip turns do to the fact that I was dizzy. Got out of the pool, called my mom, who picked me up. Than...oh boy did I eat:

dinner: 10 oz. veggies (broccoli and string beans),
6 T cream of wheat (3 w/ chocolate powder, 3 w/ cinnamon, jam, and an apple),
1 packet instant oatmeal (apple and cinnamon. I prefer old fashioned.), rest of the JAR of salsa,
salad <iceberg lettuce and an apple>

So today more than half of my calories came 6:30-7:45 when I (yes, this early on a Friday--I have no social life!!!) colasped into bed, exasted and still hungry.

And since I am in a ranting mood, may I complain about my new water polo suit??? To make it easy, look at this:

It doesn't fit my sister.

My little sister.

Who is four years younger than me.

Personally, I would take being grabbed onto ANY DAY over this thing. It's, seriously, only a foot long. When my friend zipped me up she lifted me out of the water!!!

http://www.truwest.com/waterpolo/tigerusa.gif

No, this is not me. It's just a pic. (but truWest is the sports people that sponser us, so this is the type of suit we wear.) I don't know what that girl is smiling about, though I highly doubt she is a water polo player. If she was she would be grimicing in pain.

I have chaffing (rubbing from the suit) in the WORST places. Really, there is a reason why I didn't do any weights today: I couldn't move!!!

HOWEVER...LOOK AT THESE NUMBERS!!!

swim: 6000 yards (3.4 miles. I have never swam that much in my LIFE) or 2.5 hours
walking: 3 miles (nearly running speed)
running: 30 min.

On a side note, can someone tell me what these are?
http://www.waspclub.com/images/Water%20Polo%20Weight%20training%20schedule1.doc

Today so far: 3 T cream of wheat, 1/8 cup oatmeal (would've been 1/4 cup if it weren't for my stupid micronuker!!!), 10 oz. spinach, 5 oz. green beans

I don't know what excersizes, but I am DEFENTIALLY gonna do shoulders, as I got an email from my coach about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:09 pm 
Rabbit

wow...its been awile!!!

Anyhoo:
Saturday/Sunday (same on both days): 1 hr. 30 min running
Monday: (no school, a LID day) 2 hr. swimming, 4 hr. skiing, 30 min. lifting (don't remember what! :oops: )
Tuesday: 30 min. run, 2 hr. water polo

And today? Hmmm... why don't we figure out why I'm posting at 9:03 am on a weekday??? Maybe because.....

NO SCHOOL!!!!! HAHA... broken pipe! So so far today I've gone running (slow run, 30 min.)had 50 minutes of swim team (because I have a meet on Sunday--normally I don't swim in mornings) and walked 3 miles (to get to swim team.)

I have h20 polo later.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Eats so far:
2 servings cream of wheat, big bowl veggies, some tortilla chips, and a nana

EDIT: (rest of the day)
lunch: 2 more servings cream of wheat (3 T w/ peanut butter, 3 T w/ half a instant oatmeal packet), a TON of veggies, more tortilla chips

And then.....

'kay, lets get this out: I am absolutly terriried of dogs. In fact, I've started going to THERAPY for this fear. No matter how friendly, how old, how small, how all they do is lick, or what your uncle did to get rid of his fear, it WILL NOT WORK FOR ME.

Of course, there is a dog in the car on my way to water polo. The mom let me sit in front ("Your just scared because you've never had any pets!!!" WTF??? Seriously, dogs--and maybe horses--are the only animals I'm scared of) and everything goes moderatly okay, until we get out of the car. The dog came running out and brushed past me, which SCARED ME SHITLESS. I screamed--yes, screamed--and ran out of the car. The mom got her dog and put him in the car, after...

yelling after me that I am unatuaral.

Did I mention that the other reason I am in therapy is because I am slightly social phobic and clinicly depressed?

Anyhoo...I got in the water and started swimming, (normally swimming calms me) but I couldn't catch my breath. I just kept breathing faster and faster, and even when we were resting I was having trouble breathing. Finally, my coaches pulled me out and told me I was having a panic attack--which made it WORSE, as I felt like I was going to die and got more nervous.

So... I called my dad and my mom picked me up an hour early.

excersize: 30 min. run, 1 hr. swim team, 1 hr. water polo, 3 miles walking, 15 min. panic attack

dinner (wasn't really hungry): 3 T cream of wheat, 1 roll, veggie broth