**If you have less than 3 posts, READ THIS**

Place to post your questions or comments about the website.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Message
Author
soulrage25
Rabbit
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:11 pm

Re: **If you have less than 15 posts, READ THIS**

#16 Postby soulrage25 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:49 pm

SyrLinus wrote:I've modified something that may allow us to allow new members but restrict the spamming. New users will require post approval for their first 15 posts to ensure they are interested in participating in the forums than "abusing it". Additionally, there is now a 30 second delay requirement between posts.

I've also added a time limit for post editing to be 60 min (this avoids the ability for someone to go back and add spam URLs a few days later).

If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to ask here or send me a PM.


I just joined, how do I create a profile and get started on this website? Don't worry, I read most of the posts about people spamming and putting up porn pictures. I am not here for any of that sort of thing. I have been vegan for about a week and a half to two weeks. Just trying to get involved with the rest of you.
Thanks,
Brian

User avatar
SyrLinus
Manatee
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:37 pm
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: **If you have less than 15 posts, READ THIS**

#17 Postby SyrLinus » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:55 am

In the top right you should see an option that says "User Control Panel". That will allow you to adjust your profile (you'll see an option for Profile in it).

soulrage25
Rabbit
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:11 pm

Re: **If you have less than 15 posts, READ THIS**

#18 Postby soulrage25 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:03 pm

SyrLinus wrote:In the top right you should see an option that says "User Control Panel". That will allow you to adjust your profile (you'll see an option for Profile in it).


Thanks for the ifo, I see what you are talking about. :boxer:
I will have to wait to create a profile when my buddy lets me borrow his digital camera.
Brian

User avatar
SallyMarie
Finch
Posts: 8
Age: 34
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:51 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: **If you have less than 15 posts, READ THIS**

#19 Postby SallyMarie » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:01 pm

I have a question -- what does it mean if I get the error message that upload quota has been reached for the board? I was trying to add pictures to my before/after.

User avatar
SyrLinus
Manatee
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:37 pm
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: **If you have less than 15 posts, READ THIS**

#20 Postby SyrLinus » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:29 am

SallyMarie wrote:I have a question -- what does it mean if I get the error message that upload quota has been reached for the board? I was trying to add pictures to my before/after.


Well, each picture has a limit of 256KB in size and a max of 50MB per post. This means that either the individual pictures are too big or totaling too big (which would make them huge!). You can find out the size of the pictures by looking at their properties (right click and go to Properties). Resizing them down can help.

User avatar
SallyMarie
Finch
Posts: 8
Age: 34
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:51 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: **If you have less than 15 posts, READ THIS**

#21 Postby SallyMarie » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:45 pm

SyrLinus wrote:
SallyMarie wrote:I have a question -- what does it mean if I get the error message that upload quota has been reached for the board? I was trying to add pictures to my before/after.


Well, each picture has a limit of 256KB in size and a max of 50MB per post. This means that either the individual pictures are too big or totaling too big (which would make them huge!). You can find out the size of the pictures by looking at their properties (right click and go to Properties). Resizing them down can help.



Thanks! I tried resizing them and it still didn't help though :( the exact error message is that "the board upload quota has been reached."

User avatar
SyrLinus
Manatee
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:37 pm
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: **If you have less than 15 posts, READ THIS**

#22 Postby SyrLinus » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:47 am

SallyMarie wrote:
SyrLinus wrote:
SallyMarie wrote:I have a question -- what does it mean if I get the error message that upload quota has been reached for the board? I was trying to add pictures to my before/after.


Well, each picture has a limit of 256KB in size and a max of 50MB per post. This means that either the individual pictures are too big or totaling too big (which would make them huge!). You can find out the size of the pictures by looking at their properties (right click and go to Properties). Resizing them down can help.



Thanks! I tried resizing them and it still didn't help though :( the exact error message is that "the board upload quota has been reached."


How many are you trying to post? We have a limit of 3 per post..

nickvicious
Finch
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:29 pm

Re: **If you have less than 15 posts, READ THIS**

#23 Postby nickvicious » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:54 pm

Well, here's my first post! I'll tack on 14 more in no time I'm sure.

eimat
Rabbit
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:26 pm

Re: **If you have less than 15 posts, READ THIS**

#24 Postby eimat » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:23 pm

I'm glad to see you're making efforts to reduce spam. Spam makes so many forums practically useless.

May I suggest you add a "report post" button beside each post that allows each user to help you? There could be a drop down menu of reasons for reporting the post like: spam, duplicate post, offensive, other. On the back end duplicates could be deleted, or at least sorted, so that you only review each reported post once, even if 100's of users report it. This way you are not having to read ever single post to the entire forum (unless you want to) just the ones that the users want out for whatever reason.

I wish I knew how to program this for you. It shouldn't be super-difficult, though. After spammers find that they don't get anywhere in this forum, the smart ones will realize it's a waste of their time, and go elsewhere.

Terrific forum.

Thanks for all your effort,

eimaT

User avatar
SyrLinus
Manatee
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:37 pm
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: **If you have less than 15 posts, READ THIS**

#25 Postby SyrLinus » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:47 am

eimat wrote:I'm glad to see you're making efforts to reduce spam. Spam makes so many forums practically useless.

May I suggest you add a "report post" button beside each post that allows each user to help you? There could be a drop down menu of reasons for reporting the post like: spam, duplicate post, offensive, other. On the back end duplicates could be deleted, or at least sorted, so that you only review each reported post once, even if 100's of users report it. This way you are not having to read ever single post to the entire forum (unless you want to) just the ones that the users want out for whatever reason.

I wish I knew how to program this for you. It shouldn't be super-difficult, though. After spammers find that they don't get anywhere in this forum, the smart ones will realize it's a waste of their time, and go elsewhere.

Terrific forum.

Thanks for all your effort,

eimaT



That does exist. The exclamation point button is the report button.

eimat
Rabbit
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:26 pm

Re: **If you have less than 15 posts, READ THIS**

#26 Postby eimat » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:27 pm

That does exist. The exclamation point button is the report button.




oops - sorry

my bad

Sproutlifter
Finch
Posts: 5
Age: 33
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:26 am
Location: Sproutsville

Re: **If you have less than 15 posts, READ THIS**

#27 Postby Sproutlifter » Sun May 02, 2010 8:01 pm

Sounds like a good idea 2 me :) u dont want people in here selling their crappy vi@gra
:D I lift sprouts, therefore I am

User avatar
gig_coleman
Finch
Posts: 4
Age: 47
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: **If you have less than 15 posts, READ THIS**

#28 Postby gig_coleman » Mon May 10, 2010 11:24 am

Why the heck would people post spam on a vegan website, anyway? :?

Mynt
Rabbit
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 3:44 am

Re: **If you have less than 15 posts, READ THIS**

#29 Postby Mynt » Tue May 11, 2010 12:38 pm

why cant i upload more than 2 pics to my progress thread?

User avatar
SyrLinus
Manatee
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:37 pm
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: **If you have less than 15 posts, READ THIS**

#30 Postby SyrLinus » Tue May 11, 2010 1:42 pm

Mynt wrote:why cant i upload more than 2 pics to my progress thread?



What error do you get? We don't have a limit of the number of pics.


Return to “VeganbodyBuilding.com Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests