Soy hotdogs

aurovon

I think hot dogs are best with lots of "stuff" on them, and not too great n their own (though "Tofurkey" makes some pretty good meatless Kielbasa--also much better than most soy dogs, IMO, because the Kielbassa are made with tofu, not with "isolated/concentrated" proteins).

Hey aurovan!

Nice to see you hangin around.

Ya, you should try different brands of soy hot dogs, as the brand makes a difference and also like seasiren said the way you cook it matters too. Boiling them tastes yuck.

Try grilling them or bbq-ing them, and top with with lots of stuff like onions ketchup or whatever you like.

It is funny because almost all my animal-eating friends actually love the veggie dogs and prefer it to real hot dogs (probably because they know the crap that goes into real dogs like feet, butt and various other ing "parts" - basically all the left over crap from a carcus goes into a hotdog). I cant believe even animal-eaters dont mind eating real hot dogs.

so ya try a couple of the different brands mentioned above and try grilling them. You can also buy the veggie "sausages" which have more flavour and spices.

Good luck!

If you're vegan, beware. I almost bought some with egg and dairy the other day but I looked at the label before I went to the check out. GOTTA READ THAT LABEL. The ones I DID buy were tasty. I'm not a big fan of hot dogs to begin with. I usually use them to bulk up a dish. Last night I grilled two of them in my toaster oven, chopped them up and put them in a veggie stir fry. Kinda weird taste but it did the trick and wasn't bad.

Used to know a brand of really awesome hotdog sausages that you boil from frozen. Nice texture and flavour, I used to use them for loads of things like on pizza, or muffins, or on their own, or for hotdogs. Then I've had others which taste a little bit like crap

i like them. some are better than others, but with mustard, ketchup, onions, maybe sauerkraut, i like all of them. they can be considered a "vehicle" for the condiments.

i have also eaten them in other ways:

- sliced 'em up and put them in baked beans (for a reminiscent of growing up meal)

- sliced them length-wise for sandwiches

i like them. some are better than others, but with mustard, ketchup, onions, maybe sauerkraut, i like all of them. they can be considered a "vehicle" for the condiments.

i have also eaten them in other ways:

- sliced 'em up and put them in baked beans (for a reminiscent of growing up meal)

- sliced them length-wise for sandwiches

I like sauerkraut on them as well (but no onions--give me the burps).

I've also done the baked bean thing (but not the sandwich thing).

I didn't like any of the soy hot dogs for a long time. I decided to give them another chance recently, and I actually enjoy the Lightlife jumbo dogs and the Tofurkey kielbasas. Grilling them is best in my opinion, but microwaving is not bad. Or you could cook them in a pan with a little oil. If you use an oil like grapeseed oil then there are some benefits to cooking them that way.