Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Denise Nicole's Modeling, Competing & Personal Training Blog
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:11 pm 
Elephant

actually quite a bit! Let me know when you are out again and I'll set you in the right direction :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:25 pm 
Stegosaurus

You are a strong and amazing woman.
Congratulations!
Hope you're planning on having an "Online Baby Shower"?
That would be cool!
Well only as long as you envite me and the boys, along with the rest of the girls.

Happiness is a personal choice!
I am the sole source of all my sadness and joy.

"The logic of worldly success rests on a
fallacy: the strange error that our perfection
depends on the thoughts and
opinions and applause of other men."
Source: Thomas Merton

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:36 am 
Elephant

before you get too pregnant , not you joe i am talking to siren, you should put a youtube video for your site (her fit life) on, well, youtube. They seem to work pretty good for alot of other training sites. You could then get more pregnant and put up another one for pregnancy training with another slant.

Have a happy pregnancy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:06 am 
Elephant

Thanks Joe! I have no idea what an online baby shower is though, lol

pazios2002 wrote:
before you get too pregnant , not you joe i am talking to siren, you should put a youtube video for your site (her fit life) on, well, youtube. They seem to work pretty good for alot of other training sites. You could then get more pregnant and put up another one for pregnancy training with another slant.

Have a happy pregnancy.

Thank you! And already too preganant! Since I come in flat for modeling, I look like most women who are almost four months in .... my belly must have baby memory! I am actually larger than I was with any, but only there. From the back you can't tell, but from the side and front we are headed toward beach ball already. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:52 am 
Stegosaurus

congrats! It will be kool to follow your blog and see how your train with your pregnancy. All my best to you and the baby!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:01 pm 
Gorilla

MaryStella wrote:
congrats! It will be kool to follow your blog and see how your train with your pregnancy. All my best to you and the baby!

I second this! it would be cool also to see what you're eating while pregnant and training.

http://www.fires.bandcamp.com
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/firesmusic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:10 pm 
Elephant

djshrew wrote:
MaryStella wrote:

I second this! it would be cool also to see what you're eating while pregnant and training.

x3.
Really!
I just love reading what you wrote about it already.

So, so happy for you! :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:57 pm 
Stegosaurus

SeaSiren wrote:
I have no idea what an online baby shower is though, lol

Planning An Online Baby Shower - Tips for Planning and How They Work
Online baby showers are becoming more and more common in today’s computer savvy world. With the internet, family and friends who live far away can enjoy the baby shower as if they were sitting right next to the mom to be. It is a great way for the new mom to be to enjoy her baby shower anytime she wants with the people she loves.

Online baby showers can be used so that everyone you know has a chance to celebrate your special upcoming delivery. Anyone with access to a computer and the internet can enjoy every aspect of the baby shower. These types of showers are beneficial to the new mom that has been put on bed rest or they can compliment traditional baby showers that have already taken place. You can share photos of your pregnancy from start to finish and keep all of your friends and family updated on your health and your little one. This also leaves the option open to announcing when your precious bundle of joy is born. Message boards can also be used for your online baby shower allowing your friends to say a little something to the new mom to be. The new mom to be can register online and post the registry on her online baby shower website. Then the pre approved baby items can be shipped directly to the new mom. This is an easily accessible option for her closet friends and family.

Invitations for this unique baby shower are fun and free. You can create them online and send them through your guests’ emails. Games can still be played during an online baby shower. Creative baby puzzles or baby name lists can be submitted from each one of your attending party guests. Web cams can be added to the online baby shower that will give your guests visuals of the new mom opening her gifts and showing off that beautifully big baby belly. If this is not an option, then pictures from a digital camera can be added to your website to show off all of the baby shower festivities.

Using an online baby shower is convenient and affordable. With this type of shower the new mom can have her shower whenever she wants. It can even take place after her new bundle of joy has arrived. Imagine all of the baby pictures that would be posted then! It is now time to start the oooing and ahhhing from your home computer.

Happiness is a personal choice!
I am the sole source of all my sadness and joy.

"The logic of worldly success rests on a
fallacy: the strange error that our perfection
depends on the thoughts and
opinions and applause of other men."
Source: Thomas Merton

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:44 am 
Elephant

Thanks everyone :)

Joe, that looks like fun!

Today:
30 min cardio on treadmill no incline.
My cardio is a fast walk bringing the heartrate up, but not too much. During pregnancy a drastic increase in body temperature during exercise can hurt baby. So exercising at an optimal level is very important!

Later, cardio may become more difficult as balance gets thrown off and during the last trimester the joints are much looser. Will be adusting accordingly.

Weights: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps (planned)
Exercises during can be tricky. Core exercises should be eliminated and any exercises in which lying on the back is required as this can potentially reduce the babys oxygen delivery again causing harm. Especially important by the 2nd and 3rd trimester.

Meals today:
300-500 cal per day increase for pregnant women.

Meal 1: This one is very late for me since I am still suffering from morning sickness which actually occurs in the morning for this one! Sights, sounds and odors trigger a nasty effect, lol Getting lemon juice today, the smell of lemon juice helped during the last one.

Late:
baked tofu
ezekiel bread (toasted) w/peanut butter
herbal tea
water
Meal 2:
granola cereal with soy milk w/scoop of pp
fresh orange juice
water

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:10 pm 
Elephant

Just got back from my initial work up and am so happy!

I have been anemic since I was 12 years old and very much so with pregnancy. Of course when I went vegan, they tried to blame it on it, but had no answer when I asked .... so why before then? Any how, after getting so sick while competing (lump taken out near spine was found to be the main culprit). I took a huge interest in nutrition and how it used in the body. Why won't some supps work for some people (not absorbable)? Why do some work? In what form are nutrients more readily available (pill, with food ... raw, cooked, etc)? I of course then got certified as a personal trainer along the way.

I have not been tested for iron in a couple years, now here I am after being anemic since twelve and of course pregnant and all my levels are normal! I stopped taking an iron sup way back since it simply wasn't working.... so this is all food choices :) I feel huge, but in clothes weighed in at 132, so not too bad, and BP is perfect as well.

Anyhow .... just proves what you stuff in your face DOES make a difference! I have "cured" myself of high cholestrol, high blood pressure and now anemia through my food choices. How cool is that? 8)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:19 am 
Elephant

Yesterday:
Incline DB Press 10-8-8-6
Incline DB Fly 10-8-8-6
Front DB Raise 10-8-8-6
DB Side Lat Seated 10-8-8-6
Shrugs 10-8-8-6
DB Tricep Ext 10-8-8-6

Racking my brain on various exercises that don't particularly incorporate the core (isolated is best) AND don't require me to lie flat on a bench. Working at home have full set, but my tower isn't up, so free weights it is.

Today is cardio only - 30 min steady walk on tread.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:18 am 
Rabbit

Wow! Congrats, Mommy!

Holy cow, no excuses is right...and what an opportunity to showcase/create a pregnancy fitness/plant based program. What an awesome opportunity. You are going to do great, and help so many! Blessings!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:21 am 
Site Admin

Hey You....just wanted to say hi :)

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:02 am 
Elephant

Thanks guys!

Going to work on the rest of my routine. What is interesting is the very limited amount of information out there for this. Since I PT for a living, I'm very excited to design a good routine for pregnant women which will include the mom to be's previous level of fitness. Yoga is great mind you, but some of us want to do more :) I meet with OB's in two weeks to collaborate on the training to be positive it's "approved".

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:20 pm 
Elephant

I hope you don't take this the wrong way..

But just wondering where the father is? He's gonna take responsibility right?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next