Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cubby's fitness blog
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:58 pm 
Elephant

Yesterday
Front Squats: I finally decided to learn them, so I just messed around with some light weights while someone instructed me, then I did one decently heavy set.
Seated Military: 5x5@120lbs - This was a huge deal for me, since it was the biggest jump I've ever had in my military press, my worst lift.
Filler

Today
Deadlifts: 5x5@315
Chins: 4x3@BW+25, 2x2@BW+25
Filler

The metric system is socialized measurment. If you implement it it will only be a matter of time before your grandma will stand in front of a death panel being forced to deny the existance of baby Jesus.

-offense74

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:10 pm 
Elephant

BB Bench: 5x5@175
Squats: 5x5@265
Filler: Incline DB bench, standing DB curls, then some work to get my shoulders to stay back further
Stretching

*edit*
I did squats first.

The metric system is socialized measurment. If you implement it it will only be a matter of time before your grandma will stand in front of a death panel being forced to deny the existance of baby Jesus.

-offense74

Last edited by cubby2112 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:19 pm 
Elephant

RDL: 4x3@425, 2x2@425 - This is back to the heaviest weight I've ever pulled. Unfortunately, I plan on going 5x5 next week on RDL before taking a week off, then doing a month or so of hypertrophy. I think I may go ahead and forget the 5x5 and do this weight again, just because I want to.
BB bent over rows: 6x3@145
Filler: BB upright rows compounded with high bent over DB rows, floor crunches with weight

-offense74

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:12 pm 
Elephant

Front Squat: 5x5@185 - I am getting the form down. I think once I develop a bigger groove in my shoulders (which is happening rapidly since my posture is improving and I am able to really use my shoulders to push on military press) I will be able to hold onto the bar much easier.
Seated BB Military: 6x3@125 - Very excited about this. I hope to press my weight at some point.
Filler: Calf press on a press sled, close grip barbell bench.

Tomorrow: deadlifts for 6x3 and chins at my 1RM. I may 1RM deadlifts for fun.

-offense74

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:53 am 
Elephant

Yesterday
Deadlifts: 6x3@345
Chins: 6x1@BW+55
Filler: Floor crunches with dumbbell and DB cleans (the cleans aren't really filler, but they aren't a main movement for me, either).

I did some repetition training today on a stationary bike. I have also been doing some one-arm push-ups from my knees and one-arm one-leg planks, hoping to work up to full one-arm push-ups.

-offense74

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:32 am 
Elephant

I am taking this week off from lifting, because I am so busy moving. The stress is too great and has become a stomach ache that bothers me now and then. I may do a 1RM of my deadlift. I almost feel like I could nail 400lbs, so I am quite curious if I can or not. I am still doing a little bit of cardio and getting some minor amount of lifting in due to my classes.

-offense74

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:55 pm 
Elephant

We did fitness testing today on squats and bench. I was happy as hell with my bench. I have wanted to push two plates for so long, and finally did.

Bench: 225 1RM
Squats: 335 1RM

I think I'll do deads on my own tomorrow.

-offense74

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:20 pm 
Elephant

I was disappointed with my deadlift. It is 365 1RM. It should be quite a bit higher than my squat. I need to start training from a dead start, rather than pulling the bar from the rack and starting eccentrically.

-offense74

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:56 pm 
Elephant

Squats are cooler than deadlifts anyway :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:20 pm 
Site Admin

Are you going to be in Chicago on Oct. 15th? 4PM?

Want to go in a radio studio and talk about Vegan Bodybuilding?

They want me to phone in to the station and say some things but would love to have someone in studio....I thought of you....

Let me know....if not, I have some others I can contact.

All the best!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:25 pm 
Elephant

I am excited about the radio interview. It should be a lot of fun.

I just got internet a few hours ago at my new apartment. I am on a hypertrophy program right now, doing an upper/lower body split twice a week.

I will train my first client in a week or two, so that should be an intimidating and fun experience.

-offense74

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:43 pm 
Site Admin

Great to have you on the radio with me today! You rocked man! And you did a better job than me...I still ramble, no matter how many times I've been on the radio.

VERY WELL DONE!

We'll get the link to the interview soon and share it :)

Let's keep working together....too bad you're not in Boston for the VegFest this month! But Chicago VegFest is just as big and will be back next summer.....

Keep in touch.

Thanks!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:22 pm 
Elephant

I think you did great. I didn't notice any rambling, but I was kind of nervous, so I may have missed it. :D

I am definitely up for working together again. I will be at the next Chicago VegFest for sure.

Thank you.

And on my workout today. I hurried and got one in after class and before going to the radio station. It was a full upper body workout. I ended up getting the best pump I ever have. I wish I had a camera with to snap some pictures, because I looked the most ripped I ever have.

-offense74

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:33 pm 
Site Admin

Awesome!

The radio DJ commented on how great you looked! Awesome! Yeah man, let's keep finding ways to work together too!

I'm off to the gym shortly....I'll catch up soon...I'm looking for a great pump today too!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:23 pm 
Elephant

Sick. Have a great workout!

-offense74

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next