Starting from.. (better avoid if you're sensitive :P)

Hi there again, my whole story can be found at introduction section! Im inspired by what ive seen here and im determined to transform myself as well! I believe that my faith is strong enough to build up only on raw mostly fruits food. This should be interesting experiment Ive already noticed huge diffrence while running after changind diet into raw from junkish. Im not sweating at all and feeling like could run forever! Why cant it be the same with working out? Will see This is poor me now, would be thankful for any tips about beginners workouts proper for my body.

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9124/dsc00189qq.jpg http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/dsc00189qq.jpg/1/w600.png

this one is my fav..

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/7519/dsc00196ga.jpg http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/dsc00196ga.jpg/1/w600.png

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/4230/dsc00190f.jpg http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/dsc00190f.jpg/1/w600.png

Well you can at least try to gain muscles with only fruits. You got nothing to lose and life is full of experiments. Since you are a beginner, you should normally see visible gains during the first several weeks (as long as you put enough effort and intensity in your work-out), so if you dont then it may be related to your diet; either not enough fruits or only fruits dont work. But then you'll see for yourself and you'll know wether you need to make some changes or not. If you wanna eat mostly fruits you need to eat lots of it and also lots of greens. Eating too much nuts could cause some problems though, like chronic fatigues due to glycemic instability. You can also do things like raw food all day except the last meal or last few meals, or alternate one day of cooked food and then one day of fruits.

It is scientifically proven fact that it is way more efficient to build muscle if you are getting a lot of protein from your diet. You don't need tons of it, but for a guy of your size I'd suggest 100 grams per day should be fine.

Also, you have to get enough calories to have gains. And it's easy to get calories if you eat something with lots of fat. It doesn't make you fat, it makes you strong. Avocado is a good source of fat if you want to get it from fresh fruits, but I'd suggest you take nuts, seeds and such to get that protein and those calories you need to build muscle at proper rate.

You can get nice muscles even if you eat super crappy food, but it is wwaaaaaaay easier if you do it with enough protein and with extra calories.

Hey, thanks for info. And ye, of course im eating alot of nuts as well. And honestly I believe that faith has more with gaining muscles than you and me can imagine We evoluted from whatever the life began of into the form of human on only raw food for milions of years so it should be the right way:) We just fucked up things when the fire appeared in humans life, forgot some obvious nutrition basics and what is worst replaced instinctive eating by intelectual. Of course its just my own opinion I might be wrong, however, the raw food diet is spreading around and there are plenty of living proves that you can be an monster eating just raw. Ill just expirience how it works, ive got nothing else to do in my life actually than having fun by doing unusual things From the other side, Im living in Poland and during the winter time, ill eat some cooked high quality food anyway coz I feel it better than imported fruits which are full of chemicals, so it should give me good comparision. I hope it will be my defnite farewell with dead food, ill surely find some way to survive next winter on raw food. Im getin rich over last months so maybe ill develop some way to grow my own during winter or just leave the country for that time. Ah and one more question, how about the running, should i stop it or shorten for the time of working out? (Its around of 1hour 3 times a week) I guess it will give opposite effect to training Greets from Poland and again thanks for all helpful advices.

Michal

And honestly I believe that faith has more with gaining muscles than you and me can imagine

You're wrong. Lifting hard, eating well and rest properly is key. Faith is not.

We evoluted from whatever the life began of into the form of human on only raw food for milions of years so it should be the right way

Homo erectus controlled fire about 1,5 million years ago. There is no proof whatsoever that a raw food diet is healthier than a diet containing cooked food. There are however studies showing dangers of high fructose consumption even though most of it refers to refined forms of fructose like syrup or juice.

there are plenty of living proves that you can be an monster eating just raw.

The only fit people I've seen that are raw were in better shape before going raw. If you have any cool stories/pics please share.

And honestly I believe that faith has more with gaining muscles than you and me can imagine

You're wrong. Lifting hard, eating well and rest properly is key. Faith is not.

We evoluted from whatever the life began of into the form of human on only raw food for milions of years so it should be the right way

Homo erectus controlled fire about 1,5 million years ago. There is no proof whatsoever that a raw food diet is healthier than a diet containing cooked food. There are however studies showing dangers of high fructose consumption even though most of it refers to refined forms of fructose like syrup or juice.

there are plenty of living proves that you can be an monster eating just raw.

The only fit people I've seen that are raw were in better shape before going raw. If you have any cool stories/pics please share.

I'll admit that when I was high raw (80% or so) I felt amazing.

However, my muscles just didn't want to grow. I got hungry a lot too as it's hard to bulk on a raw food diet since raw fruits and veggies are pretty low cal. Nuts get boring after awhile.. Very quickly I might add.

The only way I've been able to gain muscle is by eating a high protein diet and getting it from sources like rice, beans, tofu, hemp, and of course I supplement as well. I still eat my big green salads, but I always start the day off with a big hot bowl of oatmeal

I recently was preparing the trays of fruit pieces and 50g of dried fruit.

50 x 6 meals = 300g of dried fruit.

The protein and calories than is considerable.

Calories: something like 1000 kcal -> considerable!

Sugar: 150 grams -> shitloads

Protein: 12 grams -> I get more protein from one 50g tofu&seitan sausages (which I have 1000 at home btw. ).

You need at least 0,7 grams protein per weight in kg to stay healthy. For someone who is 70kg (154lbs) you would need to eat almost 2 kg (5 lbs) of dried fruit just to get recommended minimum. And at the same time you would have something like 6000 kcal. Dried fruit shouldn't be considered as a protein source, since it has least protein compared to total calories of almost any food in the world.

(I checked the values for dried banana, values may vary a bit if different kinds of fruits are used)

Fresh fruits are way superior than dried fruits, plus dried fruits stick to the teeths causing cavities and they're deficient food considering they're dehydrated so you would become dehydrated too and die if you would eat only this. If you want lots of proteins and a great variety of high quality amino acids you can eat a low fat raw vegan diet consisting of fresh fruits, some avocados or nuts, and dark leafy greens. Non starchy vegetables as well as sprouts offer top quality raw proteins. But personally, I dont usually eat a ton of food, so if I want to gain muscles I will include at least some cooked food like rice, beans, pastas, etc. But when you wanna be cut, fit and extremely healthy from inside out, the diet I mentioned above is perfection.

could you advice me please some workout program for first month?

3 x a week full body workout:

- Squats

- Deadlifts

- Bench presses

- Shoulder presses (preferably behind neck)

- Bicep curls

- Sit-ups

- Bent-over rows

3 sets of 8 reps each exercise (more sit-ups obviously). Start with low weights and add weight gradually. You might be devastated after the first few training sessions but it'll get easier very soon. You can do that at least for the first 3 months.

You can choose dumbbells, barbell or machines that imitate those moves, all are fine.

could you advice me please some workout program for first month?

Stronglifts! It'll get you used to the basic/essential lifts and get you stronger at all of them. Great explanations on how to do them too. The first phase lasts for 3 months but you can stay on it as long as you're seeing gains (I'm on month 4 and still gaining). Check it out here:

http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beginner-strength-training-program/

• 2 weeks later...

I'll add my piece of advice since i've gone down many paths and have seen plenty of others go down the paths. I was a raw foodist for 2 years. i've experimented with many versions of the raw food diet and from experience it's a flawed diet, very flawed to be exact. The foods that happen to contain enough protein happen to be fat dominate like nuts/ seeds. these foods do have protein but there fat foods first and foremost.

I think at your size you could make gains as a raw foodist, i think you could make gains on any diet being that size. It will be very hard for you to get enough calories without getting 60 plus percent of your calories from fat being a raw foodist. You could get it from dried fruits, but that will lead to dental issues and also i've found that dried fruits eatten in large quanities are very hard to digest. you could get the calories from fresh fruit, but you better be willing to eat a ton of food and have a big check book.

I'd recommend you eat a good clean whole food vegan diet that contains raw food, but not exclusively. Legumes smoke any fruit nutritionally and are like 10 times cheaper. Complex carbs> simple sugars any day imo for nice stable healthy energy

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure about the raw diet myself, but that's why I'm trying it. I was raw for a year and gained 15 pounds while training. Then I fell of the wagon for a bit both in terms of diet and training. I'm starting up again, so I'll be doing it with you. Good luck and make sure to check out Lean and Green: http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/?page=bio_jack and richard blackman: http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/?page=bio_blackman.