vegan801power's training log

Goal: Bulk up to 205, then cut to 200. Currently sitting at approx 192. Having a hard time putting on anything but body fat at this point. Natural body weight is around 150-160, so happy that I have put on this much so far.

Breakfast: builders bar, soy yogurt, snacking on almonds until lunch.

Lunch: Tofu and rice usually.

Snack: 25-30 gram protein shake, Nitro Fusion brand.

Dinner: pound of tofu, noodles, etc.

Currently Taking TBOMB II(test booster and estrogen suppressant) doubtful it's doing anything beyond wasting money, occasional creatine and glutamine with my protein shake, just to replenish.

Workouts are seperated into one group per day (chest, back, arms, legs, shoulders), 4-5 days a week for an hour at a time. Lately have been enjoying super sets, 8-10 really heavy immediately followed by a different exercise but same muscle for 10 reps. I do one set of 20 squats before every workout (read about an oldschool program called the squats and milk routine), do most lifts with free weights, etc. Roughly four different lifts for each group, 8-10reps, four sets.

At this point I have lifted myself stupid, and am mostly looking for tips beyond the "work harder eat more" sort, though anything is helpful, if you truly think that after peaking for a year, all I have to do is that. Any crazy supplements that have worked? I'll take anything as long as it's vegan.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mon Chest., Started with one set of squats, 20 reps @ 185 then barbell bench super sets with dumbell fly. Try to do 2 full seconds on both contraction and expansion, so they are slow lifts.

185*10, 27.5 fly*10

185*8, 27.5*10

185*6, 27.5*10

165*8, 27.5*10

Cable pull up

50*10

50*8

Cable Pull Down

70*10

60*10

short work out, ran out of time.

Looks good!

One quick question - just wondering the reason for doing 20-rep squats on a daily basis. Typically, when I see people incorporate 20-rep squats, it's done as a single-set on leg day (ala the old "breathing sqauts" program where you take your 10 rep max and grind it out for 20, even if it takes 5 minutes to complete). Just wondering the reason for making 20-rep squat sets a warm-up each day - it's interesting to see, but I'm curious if all the effort that goes into them might be draining your strength for the following lifts.

Thansk a ton for the interest. I read about a program called the Squats and milk routine. Do one set of 20 squats, with a weight heavy enough that it is very hard to finish, almost to failure, and drink a ton of milk (soy for us obviously). The general theory behind it is that by working your largest muscle group first and close to failure, it kick starts the rest of your body's hormones to build muscle. I have gained roughly 5-10 lbs while on it, but I have also changed a good amount of other things while simultaneously doing the program, so can't 100% vouch for it. You think theres any credence to the theory? thanks.

Friday's workout was back, but I don't remeber everything, so we'll just call it good.

Thansk a ton for the interest. I read about a program called the Squats and milk routine. Do one set of 20 squats, with a weight heavy enough that it is very hard to finish, almost to failure, and drink a ton of milk (soy for us obviously). The general theory behind it is that by working your largest muscle group first and close to failure, it kick starts the rest of your body's hormones to build muscle. I have gained roughly 5-10 lbs while on it, but I have also changed a good amount of other things while simultaneously doing the program, so can't 100% vouch for it. You think theres any credence to the theory? thanks.

Friday's workout was back, but I don't remeber everything, so we'll just call it good.

The "squats and milk" program is pretty much the same one that I was thinking of

Typically, I've seen it done as a once-per-week program, never seen anyone doing the squatting as a daily part before. Though, I'm sure that with the frequency that your body is definitely well-primed for squat mode from the regular abuse, so that's got to be a bonus

I've always heard great things about the program - my mental toughness for heavy high-rep squats sucks, though, so I've always been more of a low-rep guy myself.

Best of success with the training!

thanks a ton for the encouragement!!!!

TUES; Chest

Squats, 195*20 (terrible form towards the end.)

Dumbell Bench, super set chest fly, one arm at a time, while the arm at rest stays extended.

65*10, 30*10

70*8, 30*10

70*6, 30*8

65*6, 25*10

Decline dumbell

60*8, 25*10

55*7, 25*8

50*7, 20*10

45*6, 20*10

Incline Dumbell

55*8, 20*10

50*7, 25*10

55*6

50*6

Nice, thanks!

MON, Chest

Squats, 195*20, mediocre form.

Decline static dumbell bench, superset chest fly

55*10, 25*10

65*9, 25*10

70*6, 30*10

Incline static dumbell bench, superset chest fly

55*10, 30*10

65*8, 30*10

60*10, 30*8

flat static dumbell bench, superset chest fly

65*8, 25*10

60*7, 25*10

55*9, 25*10

Tues, shoulders

Run for five min

Arnold press

55*8

60*6

55*6

Military dumbell press

55*8

50*6

45*7

Front/ Lateral raise

15*10

17.5*10

17.5*10

Machine back Fly

145*10

160*8

145*8

Barbell shrug

10*225

10*225

8*275

10*225

also, where is the link to change your avatar, if anyone happens to be looking.