evolveahimsa's bodybuilding training log

8-31-2009. weight: 150 lbs

4 servings oatmeal (20g protein), sunflower kernels (15-25g protein?), banana, banana, peanut butter banana fruit smoothie (20+g protein), lentil soup with olive oil (18g protein), wheat bagel with smart balance (8g protein)

Lots of chins and a few awkward lopsided muscle-ups.

More chins, 8 or 10 sets of 8 or so, I lose count trying to do muscle-ups.

Skullcrushers: 50x10, 60x10, 65x8, 65x9, 65x9

More chins

Tricep pressdowns on cables: 150x15, 170x15, 170x15, 170x15 (the weight stack says 170 but I know that can't be the true resistance)

Anterior deltoid dumbbell raises: 10lb dumbbells, 3 sets of 10 reps

Lateral deltoid dumbbell raises: 10lb dumbbells, 3 sets of 10 reps

8-30-2009. weight: 152 lbs

4 servings oatmeal (20g protein), peanut butter banana fruit smoothie (20+g protein), lima beans with smart balance (30g protein), sweet potato with smart balance, blue corn tortilla chips

50 dips

Lots of chins (attempting muscle-ups)

50 dips

Incline bench press: 100x10, 120x10, 140x8, 140x8, 140x8

50 dips

A few more chins

• 2 weeks later...

I was shocked to have a great workout today, despite having taken a week off from the gym. I tried to eat really well while camping (fire-roasted bagels with avocado and tomato were definitely a highlight!) and even after all the beer, I still managed to lose three or four pounds : (

Hiking was fun and I got to do some rock climbing around a waterfall before I busted my ass!

3 servings oatmeal (15g protein), vitamin c pill, multivitamin, lots of sunflower kernels (15-25 g protein) , 1.5 bananas, peanut butter banana fruit smoothie (20+g protein), and tacos with beans, tomatoes, and guacamole (30g protein).

1 awkward lopsided muscle-up

rest

another awkward lopsided muscle-up

rest

rest

Incline bench press: 100x10, 100x10, 120x10, 135x8, 135x8, 135x7

4 sets of 10 chin-ups in between sets of benching. Then 2 sets of 5-6 chin-ups afterward.

The shoulder still hurts like a bitch (after workouts, usually not during).

Edited by evolveahimsa

• 1 month later...

Took a month off seeing if the shoulder injury is going to get any better. it probably isn't.

I don;t have much time for the gym lately.

But I have been doing chin-ups every other day.

I do as many wide pronated grip chins, then narrow the grip a bit and do a few more. rest 5-10 seconds, switch to a medium supinated grip and do a few more. rest 5-10 seconds and then do 2-3 more with a narrow supinated grip.

today it went: 16,4,5,2

I need to get back into dips at least on weekends if nothing else.

Also made the switch to all organic food. I spend more and am probably going to lose weight, but at least i won't be poisoning my body with chem residues or contributing to enviro degradation anymore.

Sorry about the shoulder injury. I really hope it gets better for you. Nothing worse then to have an injury

to put you back.

Do you know remember what kinda exercise you did that tweaked it again?

I know from my past shoulder injury. I tweaked it again from doing kind of exercises I shouldn't of done in the first place. But after not feeling anything for over a year and half. I didn't even think of it. But now I'm really cautious.

I now have to avoid any dips, chin ups, hanging abs, front raises, any fly exercises, low weight on skull crushers, tbars, bent over rows, dead lifts, press.

I don't know if you want think about a shoulder rehab, physio or get a MRI on your shoulder. Not sure if thats what you want to look into. But it's worth getting check out in the long run. This has really help me.