Mikkei's New Training Log

mikkei

Training with you was definitely awesome. Like I said, it was great to be able to push past the point that I can safely do by myself.

We did:

Push-ups to Cable flys x 3 sets

Flat bench press x 4 sets

Incline dumbbell press x 4 sets

Machine press x 3 sets

Overhead press x 3 sets

Lateral raises to Front raises to Posterior delt raises x 3 sets

Felt pretty damn good. Haven't done a good shoulder workout since I re-started my training.

This morning I was back at it at 6am doing Legs.

Turkish Get Ups for warm up: 20lbs, then 25lbs, then 30lbs (barbells)

Squats at 135lbs x 4 sets

Calve Raises

Knee Jumps: 10lbs plate, 2x10lbs plate, 45lbs bar x 3 sets, 2x10lbs plate, 10lbs plate, no weight.

Finished off with 3 sets of Burpee to pullup.

10 minutes on the elliptical for cardio.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early gym session today (the best kind). It was the first after three days off, though I did get in some pushups and pull ups at work. Pull ups using the bathroom stall = gross? Maybe.

At the gym, I did:

Bench Press: 80lbs for 5 sets and a 1RM max of 105lbs (new Personal Best)

Dips: 4 sets, some full reps, but mostly negatives (concentrating on full range of motion and form here)

Incline Bench with DBs: 20lbs for 4 sets

Skull crushers: 30lbs DB for 3 sets

Decline Crunches with 10lbs plate

Leg raises

Bench Dips for 3 sets

BD Pullover with 35lbs DB for 3 sets

Floor wipers holding a 30lbs BB for 3 sets

Oh, and I warmed up with 10 minutes of rowing on a Concept 2; burned 115 calories.

Can definitely feel it. Very stoked. Filmed a video blog, but might be too embarrassed to post it online. Perhaps it'll surface sometime soon.

Pull ups using the bathroom stall = gross? Maybe.

Pretty funny haha

Filmed a video blog, but might be too embarrassed to post it online. Perhaps it'll surface sometime soon.

Get it up! I was thinking about doing one, but I don't have a camera. Might have to nick my girlfriend's!

Turkish Get Ups for warm up: 20lbs, then 25lbs, then 30lbs
wow, nice.
also thought about handstand pushups (against a wall if you've never done them before) as an excellent shoulder exercise.
i was planning on starting these soon' date=' how much do you think they hit the traps?[/quote']

If this was directed to me, They are more of shoulder strengthener and because of the balance component core, little traps especially if your shrugging doing them.

@mikkei - post the video i'm sure we will all love it!

Alight, I'm going to start posting video blogs on YouTube. I think I might be getting in over my head here, but we'll see what happens. The good side is that it'll put a lot of accountability on me to stick with it.

Here's the introduction. Don't have time to post the daily update right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUA-fRAF8H0

I'll have to put up my gym session later. Gotta get to work!

Thanks for the comments guys!

Thanks! I'll try to keep putting them out.

Didn't get a chance to put up this morning's workout, so here it is:

Deeps Squats (butt nearly on the floor) @ 45#, then 65#, the 75#. 3 sets total.

Walking Lunges with 20# DBs. Across the gym (short ways) and back for 3 sets.

Standing Calf Raises @ 200# for 3 sets.

Stiff Legged Dead Lifts @ 135#, 115#, 115#. 3 sets total.

Really short workout, but I kept it really intense with little rest between sets, except for the lunges. I hate lunges. They are murder.

I'll be working out at the 24 in Hollywood (Portland) tomorrow. Not sure if I'll do back and biceps, or shoulders and abs. There will be handstand pushups though.

Workout was good yesterday, but shorter than I would have liked. Spent too much time playing with video crap.

Biceps and Shoulders:

EZ Bar Curls @ around 50#

Hammer Curls @ 15#, 17.5#, 17.5#, 20#, and 17.5#

Barbell Shrugs (bar in front, then in back) @ 115#, 115#, and 135#

Barbell Shoulder Press @ 30#, 40#, and 40#

DB Curls @ 15# for 3 sets

Lateral Raises, Front Raises, and Bend Over Raises with DBs @ 10#, 15#, and 15#

Today is a rest day. I was thinking about running during my lunch break, but it's raining and I forgot my running shoes. Damn.

Video update for this morning. Day 5 budday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMVK5hnTltI

Can't wait to get a camera now! I might be getting it early (getting one for xmas). I was wanting to do the same idea as you, just not as often. Incorporate actual workout videos into it and picture stills to show progression.

Is there a reason you do stiff legged deadlifts instead of normal ones? I've never tried any variations. I'm aiming for 150kg for xmas.

How many calories you on during the day and how often do you eat?

Sweet! Can't wait to see your videos!

Yeah, I don't know if I'll actually keep it up for ever. I think I'm only going to make the video blog daily for the first month. Then I'll just update when there's something interesting to share.

There's kind of a funny reason that I did stiff legged deadlifts that day. A couple of weeks ago, I was working out at the the gym and going to do some deadlifts at the rack. There was weight on the bar, but no one had been around for a while so I started getting ready to lift. This kid came up right when I was getting ready to lift off and told me he was there, but I could work in. I said I was doing deadlifts. He said, "Oh cool, but I'm doing bent over rows for my hams". For you're hams? Really? I said "cool, we'll row together". I went first and did a brutal set of bent over rows. When I was done he was like "What were you doing?" and proceeded to do still legged dead lifts, calling them "bent over rows".

So, I decided to throw in some SLDLs on my leg day cause I thought they were actually good for my hams.

I haven't been keeping track of calories at all. At this point I'm definitely no bulking, but I wouldn't say I'm cutting either. Mainly I'm just making the transition. However, I am eating about 6-8 times a day and taking 45-60 grams of supplemental protein a day (sun warrior or manitoba hemp protein).

Yeah, the SLDLs definitely didn't help, but I'm still glad I did them! haha.

Training with LnG was great yesterday! We went to West Coast Fitness (a small gym next to his house in the St. John's area of Portland) and it was really cool. It wasn't even that small. It was three stories and the gym was virtually deserted. The first thing we hit up was the "treadwall", a vertically scrolling rock wall. It was rad.

After that we hit up biceps and triceps and took turns picking exercises.

We did:

French Press (LnG) for 3 sets

Dips (me) for 3 sets

Barbell Curls w/ wide, medium, & close grip (LnG) for 3 sets

DB hammer curls (me) for 3 sets

Superset of rope pushdowns and cable curls (3 sets)

It was a great session and probably one of the best pumps I've had since I started training again! It was very cool to see my friend again too. I have 2 more visits left on my guest pass and have until halloween to use them, so hopefully I can make it out there again soon.

I also got some radical spirulina from vegan proteins. It's awesome stuff and going to go have some right now.

I used to train at that gym and heard they renovated it...I didn't know they had the wall! I used one in Chicago and haven't seen one anywhere else. Yeah, that gym is a great gym and always quiet...I haven't been to it in years but it was always very quiet when I trained there for a year when I first moved to PDX.

Awesome you and LnG trained!!

Catch up soon....I'm off to Boston in a few days but we'll hammer out another workout soon....good week man, you trained with nearly all the Vegan Brothers in Iron crew!

All the best and catch up soon.

Yeah, that place is looking pretty nice now Robert. I hope you and me can train again. Hopefully you'll be able to come up from Corvallis. If you ever want company down there maybe I could do a vegan workout field trip one day.

This training log now has more posts than my old one did! Score!

Did legs this morning. My back was still funky, so I didn't do free weights since I knew squatting would definitely recruit my back into it.

I did:

Leg Press x 5 sets

Leg Extension x 5 sets

Leg Curl x 5 sets

Walking Lunges with 20# DBs across the gym and back x 4 sets

Hanging Leg Raises x 5 sets

Good workout, short and sweet. I can't friggin' wait till my back feels better so I can squat some more. Last time, I did really deep squats and I think I'm in love with it.

Short video blog update today on my rawness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsPD8RxxSkw

Trained chest today and had a great time.

I did:

Incline Chest Press:

Worked up to 1RM max of 95#

Then, 75# 5 reps x 5 sets

Dumbbell Flat Bench:

30# 5 reps x 5 sets

Dumbbell Flies, Flat Bench:

15# 10-12 reps x 3 sets

Dumbbell Pullovers:

35# 10-12 reps x 3 sets

Machine Incline Press:

3 sets

Here's my video blog update for today. It had comments before I even posted it! Thanks for everyone who is subscribing. Makes me that much more committed! Raaawwww-k it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOzfeZBRWo8

Here's my video blog update for today. It had comments before I even posted it! Thanks for everyone who is subscribing. Makes me that much more committed! Raaawwww-k it!

Haha, I came here to comment on it but it wasn't here yet!

D'you have a workout plan, or do you just do what you feel?