Pilates and Yoga anyone?

kailla

So, I'm changing up my exercise routine from traditional weight-training, and I would like to get more into Pilates and yoga. I teach a 1 hour Pilates class on Saturdays and that gets me going, but that's pretty much it. I'd like to incorporate more through the week. Any suggestions? Work out schedules? Work out plans?

I've been getting a bit bored of the traditional weight training sessions lately myself.

You should look into Cross Fit. Its intense, different, and leads to kick ass overal fitness

For Yoga and Pilates, I like hot yoga. Once you've got a bit of experience you can do advanced classes that are quite challenging!

• 2 months later...

Yeah, hot yoga is the one thing I haven't tried. I'll have to give that a shot. I'm doing Iyengar, Anusara, and Ashtanga yogas right now. It gives me a good blend. Iyengar is actually my favorite since it helps me refine my poses and breathwork. What a difference from weight training.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I take vinyasa-style ashtanga yoga classes at a nearby studio, and their basics class has never failed to keep me challenged! Highly recommended for building up flexibility, toning, and strengthening. Also good for helping with bad backs and ailing digestive systems--I soooo speak from experience there!

• 5 weeks later...