Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: dani's journey back to sanity
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:37 am 
Elephant

If you look up to someone who is an optimist and always thinks positive, it should encourage you to think positive too! It works for me anyways :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:23 pm 
Gorilla

i agree marcina. its funny-im a really positive person. super positive in so many ways, but there seems to be this part of me that always wants to beat myself up. that doesnt feel like im doing enough. and it doesnt help that there are some naysayers as well if you know what i mean.

day by day my friend. day by day.

been hooping it up all day. and im trying so hard to upload videos from my blackberry because i would love to post something!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:13 pm 
Gorilla

i still can't upload anything cuz i am technologically challenged, but i just spent the afternoon making some sweet hoooooooooooooops. i love days off. :-)

Also giacomo and i had an awesome talk last night about some mental blocks that i seem to have as far as shutting my brain down every now and then (i really dont know how). No real solid conclusion but certainly things to ponder about my ability (or lack thereof) to let go. hopefully a video in the near future.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:42 am 
Manatee

1. Thanks for sharing your story! I've definitely felt that PDX is "Vegan Junk Food Heaven" too. ;-p

2. Shauna and I should come hang out with you guys one of these Mondays or Tuesdays.

3. I might be able to fix your bass jack. Sometimes it's really easy, unless one of the wires is disconnected.

Follow Me on Twitter!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:25 am 
Rabbit

Thanks for sharing your story...it was very brave of you. I hope that the rest of your journey is a positive one ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:30 am 
Elephant

i'm so proud of you mah hawwwnie. :mrgreen:

might I remind you of the 17 dry fast (yes i survived 17 days without food or water and i was underweight before I started that) that I did 2 years ago that landed me hospitalized because of perceived insanity and a severely malnourished body. What in the world was I trying to prove? I'd certainly never want anyone to follow that type of irrational behavior. VERY STUPID, looking back. We all screwed up in our own crazy ways. All it takes is a way to snap out of it and then you're back on track. :D

I'm always here for you baby; actually i'm about 15 feet away. See you in a sec MWAH ;)

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:46 pm 
Stegosaurus

welcome back dani! sorry to hear about this, I had no idea! Sounds like your doing better. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:24 pm 
Rabbit

Hi Dani! I can relate to what you have been through, thanks for sharing this. I have had problems with binging and emotional eating problems also undiagnosed anorexia when I was a teenager. I am currently reading and learning a lot about the mental/emotional aspects of being healthy in regards to what we choose to consume.

Anyways, I am also in Portland and am starting (again) on my raw vegan transition! I would really enjoy hanging out with like-minded, supportive, friends in the area! I also have a small dog, want to go to the dog park together? I will be moving to Albina (just off Alberta and Mississippi) very soon, so excited!