Lauren's Diary

Hi Guys, Lauren here. Welcome to my online journal! Please feel free to comment!

DREAM BODY: Slim with a Flat stomach!

DIET: Vegan and Warrior diet

WEIGHT: 68kg

GOAL WEIGHT: 48kg

WEIGHT TO LOSE: 20kg

GOAL TIME: 3 months; by 1st February 2010

HEIGHT: 4'11"

STOMACH WIDTH: 102cm

HOW I PLAN TO ACHIEVE THIS:

WARRIOR DIET:

- Eat one large meal per day (vegan, of course!), after 7:00pm (Based on Ori Hofmekler's book: The Warrior diet) (Please don't think this is unhealthy, you would have to read the book first.)

- Drink lemon juice, kombucha, & green tea during the day

- Do at least 1 cardio session each day (1/2 hour on treadmill, bike riding, mini-trampoline, or brisk walking)

- Do light weights at lease 3 times per week.

Ok, I know that this doesn't sound like much to you guys, but I am very unfit, and I want to start off small. I hope to increase my workouts as I get fitter.

Thanks for reading this guys!

LAUREN, Your fellow Vegan friend.

Short term goals aren't always so easily obtained. Not saying you shouldn't go for it. What are your long term goals? Those are the ones that have the greatest reward.

Welcome!

Hope to read your journel in the future. Check out candyflip and some of the other gals here. They are without a doubt inspirational.

Have fun!

(PS: Just incase you were wondering, the picture of me in the avatar was taken 1 year ago when I weighed 50kg. I now weigh 68kg, so I'm trying to get back!)

MONDAY:

Calories consumed: 2,300

Exercise: Small amount of cardio (should have done more, i know!)

Overall achievement: 5/10

TUESDAY:

Calories consumed: 2,300

Exercise: Light weight training

Overall achivement: 5/10

WEDNESDAY:

Calories consumed: 2,200

Exercise: Light weight training.

Overall achievement: 5/10

SHORT-TERM GOALS:

1/ for my daily caloric intake to be under 2,000

2/ that I do CARDIO EVERY DAY! My starting cardio goal is to do at least 10-15 minutes treadmill every day.

How do you think I'm going guys?

Hi Lauren,

Good on you for starting a journal and setting yourself goals.

I realise I look pretty big now, which I guess I am, but I have lost a lot of weight in the past.

When I was younger I went from a very fat 115kg to 75kg! Through exercise and calorie control. 40kg Lost in a year. I then started at the gym and added a stack of muscle.

Just a few things.

1. Diet, I realise you are following a particular plan, which you believe in... My only concern with limiting yourself to 1 large meal a day is that when you feel hungry it increases the chances of you cheating and eating something you shouldn't. This is important when you are trying to control your calories.

2. Weight loss has a lot to do with State of Mind, Stress, negative thoughts etc, all make it harder to lose weight. So yeah, taking that into account, maybe don't give yourself a rating every day. The same goes for the scales, weigh yourself once a week, It's about achieving your goal at the end of 3 months, not at the end of every day.

3. If you are trying cardio every day, I'd try and mix it up a bit so it doesn't get boring... High Intensity Interval Training is great for burning calories as well as keeping your heart healthy.

Keep Up the Good Work

• 2 weeks later...