12 weeks out for "Vegan Olympia" on July 25th - 27th 2013!

Robert, Marcina, Vivalasvegans, VeganGirl2006, Nathan Nearing, Gorilla:

I really appreciate all of your kind words you wrote. I needed them at the time. Ask thendanisays just how low I was. I felt worhtless. While I like to whine, I also like to take action as you would say R.C.! The last month has been very rewarding. It's only going to get better for here. Nathan.. I think I want to get kevlar commuter tires for my ride and commute to work 1-3 / 5 work days a week (40m round trip each time). So here's what I wrote while I pted it today on a long trip ; a journal update buuuuHHDAY

Ah man… what a day makes!

Apparently I said that at the beginning of one of my vlogs and the joke was on me until someone spoiled it and let me know. RC and BVP663 used to say it to me all the time and we’d all laugh. Then I found out they sourced it from me LOLZ. Turns out I short hand to many phrases and wind up sounding stupid WHATEVER I have a good vocab/grammar, I just never use it. Must be that good ole N.Y. State of mind. Well, times they Are a changing.

Traditionally, I have kept my workout journal primarily dedicated to physical activity but honestly peeps, ever since the competition, I have barely moved a muscle (with the exception of my jaw getting a great workout from all the wonderful nourishment, day in and day out). I deprived most every facet of my life to do Vegan Bros. In Iron: an influential documentary with R.C., Octopussior and BVP663. With great things, many times it as at a cost. My personal life and financial strife suffered.

After the comp (april 25th); a well deserved break of 2 weeks or so is perfect to once again commence a new year of training hard and building for the coming season in the fall of 2010. Had my life been put together, this would have been the case. However, I needed to pick up the broken pieces that still remained after the show and try to rebuild a functioning personal and professional life.

In summary:

04/25: Virtually Jobless (15hrs a week at best); thendanisays paying the rent for months and most all bills and our

personal relationship suffered immensely.

07/08 (today) I have been working a temp job 40 hours a week for a couple of bucks above min. wage for 4 about 4 weeks and I convinced Wells Fargo Corporation that I was the right man for the job!!!! Did you hear me? I got a full time permanent position at an excellent employer :D:D:D:D

I start next Monday and I couldn’t be happier. With that well under way and in constant routine, I truly feel that my training routine will be implemented both smooth and flawless within a couple of months!

As for http://www.VeganProteins.com; DropSoul is teaching me how to edit the site on my own and I’ve been setting up all the back end database entry for better customer service and good recordkeeping when the irs wolf knocks down our door. And and ANNNDuh…… ; I now have shelves (2 wooden and 2 metal) to keep all the inventory organized and accounted for. I am also slowly trying to pay down the credit card that everything was purchased on so that once it is zeroed out and I have surplus funds; I can actually purchase product for distribution without getting hit with big aprs from cc’s….. It’s a long road but I’m taking big strides at a brisk pace with a smile on my face. Thendanisays is all about it too which is why we’re a great team. I would love to visit you again someday Ryan (VeganEssentials) and hear your story of in house to warehouse and best vegan site on the net I miss Troy too. What a guy.

So if you somehow bared the length of this overdone post (hey, I’m due for a nice update); then you must really want to know just what kind of workouts I should have been blogging about in the last 2 ½ mos.

Well there is nothing to write home about as I can count the amount of times I trained total on two hands.

Last time I went to the gym this is how it went down:

Incline Barbell Bench Press: 10 sets; 135x12 … I think. Can’t recall.

Decline D-Ball Crunches: 5 sets; 12lb x 10 (more soon. I Love You All!!!!!!

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Just popping in to say hi. Hope dogs, job, Dani and life is keeping you happy <3

I wish i could spend it with you too.

Another side note. Trivia Question. Name this lady

http://loveforlife.com.au/files/Ann%20Wigmore%204.jpg

http://loveforlife.com.au/files/Ann%20Wigmore%205.jpg

Give up Here's some rare footage of the very first raw diva.

I love you Lean and Green. You are my best friend.

Another side note. Trivia Question. Name this lady

http://loveforlife.com.au/files/Ann%20Wigmore%204.jpg

http://loveforlife.com.au/files/Ann%20Wigmore%205.jpg

If i'm not mistaken, that's viktoras kulvinskas!

• 1 month later...

Post April 25th grand finale show number 2 / documentary consumed life report:

since 04/25 i have trained a total of about 15 - 20 training sessions TOTAL. Basically I have been completely sedentary, for me. Diet has been nowhere near what it used to be, eating care free.

On the flip side, slowly and surely getting back into a clean and regimented nutrition rich diet without overeating and consistent training sessions.

Ah, man what a day makes! lol

Anyhow, current goals = 3-4 times per week for 30min-1hr per training session for one month straight. Once I can include working out as a focal point in my life again with consistent attendance alone in the gym, then it will be time to kick it up a notch BIG TIME >:)

09/16 Legs (were sore as heck after this workout) #1 for this week

squats 135x10 4 sets

hammer strength single leg curls 25lb per leg x 10 4 sets

09/17 (today) Chest

Incline Barbell Press 115x12 3 sets

Incline Dumbell Press 40x10 3 sets

Decline Barbell Press 115x10 3 sets

I need to get on using the shoulder horn that VeganEssentials so generously sent our way, love that guy

Not that I haven't been successful these last couple of months. Me and dani have REALLY REALLY grew and developed our bond together soooo much. Relationships take a lot of work, even the 'perfect' ones that look so easy an outside perspective.

Also, I found work and I am in banking kicking butt. My job is merit based as far as raises and month bonus and I have been holding steady at number 2 in my ranking out of the 35 people in my department doing the same job for as much as 6 months more than I have. Did I mention i've been on the floor for only a month?! I'm just happy that now I can contribute financially and dani can soon hopefully take a break while I grow and eventually support us for a while so she can find some peace of mind. Also, who else is going to www.veganproteins.com . Dani's got a hold on that, she just needs the time to put the work in. We both do but we're working towards that right now.

I should be at VegFest this weekend at the VBBF booth with our products and to hang. I work all day but i should be there from 4-8pm.

ok that's enough, save room for another day of posting. Night all; miss you guys so much.

Good to finally see an update again, L&G! Get on that shoulder horn - I want to hear about you being totally rehabbed by year's end

Congrats on kicking butt at the new job - I would have never doubted you to be at the top of your game in anything you take on Hope you and Dani are doing really well, and we'll have to catch up one of these days!

• 2 weeks later...

Alot has happened since the bbing comp but nothing in the bbing dept and the diet has ceased for awhile. By choice, i've decided to share some social personal time with processed foods and my loved one. I must admit, physically I feel much better in a wholly unprocessed/raw diet. However, mentally I am comforted by my current choices. I will eventually go back to a raw foods diet and i'm sure that will happen as soon as I can train consistently again. It's only a matter of time... budday. I'm sure the whole story will be illustrated in the documentary, which is delayed but will be done! Hopefully next year. What a doosy that was; i'm ready for part II (don't tell thendanisays that or Bvp663 for that matter)

Anyhow going to try and get that workout in today and also go to veloce bikes and put some puncture resistant tires that grip the road well in the rain. That way I can commute as well and start getting back into exercise. I really need to...

Anywho on a different note, http://www.veganproteins.com is now carrying VEGA SPORT. It's finally available in the States so I wanted to pick up a great product for endurance and energy. Come check us out

Glad you're back to posting. How's the four time a week comin? Raw. . . . Ah. Expensive too. Loving it but still seems to be a day each week i go well did that count? Was that slighty touched? Or where i go with something thats raw but definately not organic. . . Eh. I feel your struggle. So are you planning on maybe competing next year?

aluck, no clue at this point; I really need to focus on the here and now. I keep letting other patterns take precedence. I had alot of chores to run today and also I hung with dani at her job for 3 hrs as she never looks happier than when I am there. She hates that job more than anything and that's my way of helping So it cut into my time and I forbade the bike shop visit and gym. Oh well, i'll get there, just keep on a truckin' I suppose. It's more like no time a week at the moment. Perplexing and upsetting at the same time but nevertheless I am still accomplishing alot. Finances are back in check, personal growth, other stuff, etc, etc...

I know myself it's either all or nothing and I always want it all. So as soon as the party starts, it's not gonna stop. Now all I have to do is show up and pump some IRON.

• 3 weeks later...
Glad you're back to posting. How's the four time a week comin? Raw. . . . Ah. Expensive too. Loving it but still seems to be a day each week i go well did that count? Was that slighty touched? Or where i go with something thats raw but definately not organic. . . Eh. I feel your struggle. So are you planning on maybe competing next year?

Aluck...do the best you can and don't be so hard on yourself! Seriously check out this video from Tonya Kay:

L&G...Glad to see that you are well! I am moving to Albina soon and have found a renewed passion for raw food prep. I would love to have you and Dani over for some raw meals!

• 2 weeks later...

SHE's Awesome

I got two workouts in this week so far. Tuesday Upper Back and Thursday Chest and Abs.

As for RAW, I have mentally committed to getting back to a high/all raw diet but physically I still have to change my consistent pattern of eating which includes cooked food. I'll get there. As soon as my training is 100% I know that RAW will be 100% of my intake because I honestly feel that is by and far the most beneficial fuel for your body and I acheieve the greatest results from it.

Here's to getting back at it and getting on stage a year from that day.

As for now, there is still much work to do today. I need to change our auxillary battery in the trunk of our Prius. Darn thing was so expensive so i'm installing it myself. Then hopefully some yardwork. Then some dinner for me and thendanisays.

How about purchasing at the counter at a toyota dealership and being serviced by the counterlady who turns out to be a female ex vegan bber. She was doing it for awhile but as of late added some meat into her diet. Either which way, only in portland will i be serviced at the car dealership by a rad vegan friendly athlete.... BUDDAY. And of course the first name she threw out was Roberts. YEAAAAAAAAA BUDDDDDAY!

i need to be on vbbf more. i miss it so...