Mikkei's New Training Log

mikkei

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, BVP is from the forum, but he's hardly ever active. He's the guy who's filming and editing the Vegan Brothers in Iron documentary. He actually didn't make it out today to CrossFit, but it was awesome.

The workout was:

Row 700meters

40 sit-ups

40 kettlebell swings, 1.5 pood

40 pushpress 45#

40 hang power cleans, 95#, 65#

40 wallball 12# -10′ target

40 pull-ups

I had a couple of mods: 25# plate for KB Swings, 45# for hand power cleans, jumping pullups (cause I haven't learned how to kip).

Time was around 21'30". I forget the exact number.

Was totally hardcore. I meet the gym owner's son (who holds a couple of the gym records) and he was awesome. He did this workout in 17'0" using the full prescribed weights. Brutal.

Video was shot during the session, so I'm really hoping to get my hands on it.

Video blogs for the past couple days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy-2Z3Untcs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frnln6A3slA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfCjH6BhOyU

Gym tomorrow. Stoked.

My memory on food today is sketchy at best:

2 bananas

2 oranges

1 kiwi

large salad of spinach w/ carrots and bellpepper

2 scoops Sun Warrior, 2 tbsp Hemp Protein

1 handful raw cashews

raw hot chocolate, about 2-3 cups

assortment of dried figs, persimons, bananas, mulberries

1 apple

Green Soup - Avocado, asparagus, carrot, cucumber, spinach, tomato, garlic, ginger, spices

Raw tahini blend - tahini, lemon, nutritional yeast, salt

hey mikkei - love the videos.

Picking up the jump rope I think helps is so maybe ways other than just cardio. I think it really builds coordination, timing, agility. I've read crossfit journal articles that talk about how once crossfitters get double unders their other performance measure improve. Things that have nothing to do with jumping rope. And it is so easy to do as a warm up and mixing in little skilss like crossovers, double unders.

who is the record holder you met? just wondering?

As far as the raw thing, one of the things that always appealed to me about it was the inflammation/recovery aspect. I know ingafter both of my surgical procedures I took a day or two and just ate raw. Mostly for that reason. I remember have fruit smoothies immediately after surgery to get glucose into my system and just start recovery from all the anesthia and stuff they give you. While I haven't stayed with it. I do think it works if you can hang with it.

@MaryStella: It wasn't a big record holder or anything. Just the Gym owner's son. He has most of the gym's records for time and rounds on AMRAP stuff. Like, on my first workout there I did 9 rounds in 10 min, he held the record at 12 in 10.

@Chewy: I use Sony Vegas. I don't know how it compares to other programs. Seems pretty complex and cool. I just got it because it was within my virtual "budget".

Yeah, I am totally a slacker. Excuses and complaints: 1) I only had 2 workouts this last week. 2) My computer committed suicide, so I haven't been able to do any videos 3) I've been preparing for a trip to visit family in California all week (packing, working extra hours, planning)

I want to keep updating though. It's totally slacking.

When I'm in California I want to try to get in some workout with friends. My dad has a super old barbell at his house (i think it's 45#, but when I lived there at 21 years old I could barely lift it) along with some plates. He also has a jungle gym in the backyard, so I'm looking forward to some creative CrossFit-style workouts in the 80 degree California weather. I can't believe it's 80 degrees at the end of November!

That's it for now. More updates later.

Thanks for checking in on me!

Dude, what part of Cali?

Pumped for your return!

I've been doing my homework!

Filming videos, writing FAQ, creating interviews, and positioning myself to be pretty successful in a variety of areas, helping you be successful too.

It's going to be awesome!

I was in AZ and it was 77 and I loved it!

It's official...I move to LA in a few weeks so let's train/hang out a bunch before I go. Come down and visit me in LA anytime and let's cross fit on Muscle Beach! Seriously, I have air miles...come on down!