Michael is Pumping Iron in Steel City!

there is a gym on liberty ave down the hill from the bloomfield bridge that might be worth looking into. forget the name, but you might want to check into that gym. its across from the church brew works which is a pretty rad place in itself. i always lifted at the university so i never really checked into any commercial gyms.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is a gym on liberty ave down the hill from the bloomfield bridge that might be worth looking into. forget the name, but you might want to check into that gym. its across from the church brew works which is a pretty rad place in itself. i always lifted at the university so i never really checked into any commercial gyms.

Yes, I am planning to check that place out tomorrow! Looks way cool, it's called The Warehouse Gym. A bit from their web site:

http://builtinbloomfield.com/index2.html

WHAT?! NO AIR CONDITIONING? NO WHIRLPOOL?

Exercise Warehouse Gym is not a health spa. We do not have any gimmicks to interfere with your workout. We've created an atmosphere for results. Not lounging around.

I'll let you know how it checks out, should be pretty cool. Maybe we can go there when Tyler is in town.

Tuesday, January 24

Didn't make it to The Warehouse Gym today, but I'll get there soon. Tiffaney was heading to the local megagym that where we have a free week, so I met her there instead. I am so not impressed with this place, it's a giant waste of space. They have ONE flat bench and ONE squat cage, both of which were occupied by guys curling the 45 pound empty bar! The kicker was that they were both under the direct supervision of one of the gyms personal trainers. I will NOT be joining this overpriced swimming pool and smoothie bar complex!

Barbell Bench Press -

10x135 pounds

8x155

6x185

3x205

1x225

Deadlifts -

8x135 pounds

6x225

4x295

2x345

1x395 Not bad, good form and went up without a fight! Good to know I still have 400 in the tank!

Lat Pull Down - 10x150 pounds

Dumbell Bicep Curls -

8x35 pounds each

6x40

4x45

2x50

1x55

Dips x 12

That's it, nice session in spite of the surroundings!

Shut up and workout!

I do agree with your opinion about the gym, though. So incredibly glad that it's continued to be distasteful otherwise I'd have a hard decision to make about spending money to go there.

Why are you complaining about FREE gym access? As I recall, you are STILL PAYING FOR A GYM IN RICHMOND! Cancel it already!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Nice workout. You keep up the training and I'll continue to make you fat.

Hey Michael, You should start a gym critic piece in the local papers and perhaps you can go and w/o for for free......

Good idea Phoenix! Then again, after one article nobody would want me near their gym!

Thursday, January 26

Standing Barbell Shoulder Press -

10xbar

8x95 pounds

6x105

4x115

2x125

1x135

Barbell Bent Over Rows (lats) -

10xbar

8x95 pounds

5x6x135