Eat your greens!

CrispyQ

I've always been sort of intimidated by greens.

Last night I bought some carrots, beets & ginger for juicing. The beets had wonderful greens attached, so I decided to get over my fear of greens & whip something up. Here's what I did & it was quite delish!

--approx 1/4 cup Newman's Own Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing

--1 tablespoon tahini

--beet greens

--1/3 cup diced onion

--handful of mushrooms, sliced

--one grated carrot

Remove the big stem from the center of the beet greens. Chop the greens. Pour the Newman's Own into a pan & bring to med-high heat. When it starts to bubble, add the tahini & mix into the dressing till well blended. Add the onion & saute for approx 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients & saute for approx 5 minutes, or till mushrooms are tender.

Serve over brown rice.

Next venture: kale. So if you have a favorite greens recipe, please share!

I love greens!! Kale, swiss chard, collards...I just cut it in thin strips and sautee with a drop of olive oil and garlic. Sometimes I add ginger, soy sauce, lime juice, tofu or whatever else I have in the house. Sometimes I just add raw to salads and they are great if you add at the very end for a couple of minutes to a pot of soup!

yummm...

Lisa

all hail kale! that was an article i read in runner's world or vegetarian times years ago. i remember reading articles in both that hyped how great kale is.

i often steam it and eat with hot sauce and some vinegar.

there's a local raw deli that serves what they call "live kale". not sure what's in it aside from a lot of garlic. i would love to have that recipe.