The Journal of Veggie P (Melissa)

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, lemme post some photos on your site! You are so lovely, I hope you WIN!!! Very impressive training.

Wish I had the time to work out that hard, but so far I've gained muscle this month and maintained, wild! With less to pinch. I bumped protein A LOT and just did freaking heavy lifts and my rear is rounder, lifted, with less folds. Some might be swelling, but I do one day on two days off with cardio on other days, and when there's no pain, it's still lifted. I made up a weird, but effective hamstring exercise too, on my bed. I took off two months and did nothing but maintain and some weights here and there, and it's like my body is responding like the early days when it came off easier. Never going to compete, so I have the luxury to be slow.

I will post more later to people who commented... and thanks to all who popped in to say hi and offer words of encouragement. I really appreciate it. Keep 'em coming... But for now, I just want to get this logged in for accountability.

Wed - REST DAY will only take one when I absolutely need it.

Thurs

Overhead Tri Xtension

Front Raises

Military Press

Bent Arm Lat Raise

Rope Pulldown

Rear Delt Raises

20 min Ellyptical

40 min Recumbant

Today

1 hour Stepmill

SOOOOOO trying to get up the motivation to do the other hour. I said I'd babysit my neighbors kids so I have to do it while trying to watch her kids and mine. Girls are fine, but I never quite know what to do with boys... in real life or in children... LMAO

Okay, 'nuff procrastinatin.. time to get my ass on the bike.

Oh... I've been trying to wear these Scuba type shorts which are called anti-cellulite shorts. It is all about reducing the rear end, so I do about 40% in these shorts that make you sweat your ass off literally. Again, its supposed to reduce cellulite but I'm thinking it just sheds alot of water weight... Hey it's inches and it keeps me MENTALLY positive to see myself shriking so if it's just anti-bloat, I"ll take it where I can get it. Shriking is shrinking and I'm maintaining muscle so it's all good.

Kay, getting on the bike now... don't try and stop me

SOOOOOO trying to get up the motivation to do the other hour. I said I'd babysit my neighbors kids so I have to do it while trying to watch her kids and mine. Girls are fine, but I never quite know what to do with boys... in real life or in children... LMAO

That is GOOD!

Boys like running around and so I think if the schools taught math during PE it would work better. It's fun to play Simon Says. I work in "Jumping Jacks" and work in other exercises, march, lunge, squat, all kinds. You can even get them to do yoga poses. Fun!

• 4 months later...

ugh. Has it really been THAT long since I posted????

Well, just popped in to get this journal alive and kickin again.

I have some huge opportunities coming up this week.

On Monday I have a meeting to discuss my plans to open an Eco-Friendly Personal Training

Studio in the only Environmentally Friendly mall in Orange County (maybe even in California? I don't know). They have 2 Vegan restaurants and all Eco-Friendly, Raw Or Vegan stores and services. It's VERY exciting and they love my idea so please wish me luck for Monday. If I'm able to get this, it would be one of the most exciting opportunities of my life!

Also, just this past weekend, I got a call to be a fitness model in a DVD series. He wants to film at the end of December and that makes me VERY nervous. I wish I had 6 weeks to prepare because I'm so not in fitness model shape at the moment. Do I say yes and then "go for it" knowing I might not make it? Or do I say "no" and trust that our timing wasn't right for this project.

Oh well... I could have worse problems than alot of opportunities falling into my lap at once. I am greatful.

Okay, off to get my bodyfat tested and shop for a yummy Vegan Thanksgiving that I'm making for my family! Vegan Tofurky, Roasted Vegetables, Green Beans, ChickPea/Broccolli Casserole, Mashed Potatoes and maybe a Chocolate Silk Pie if I'm really ambitious!!! ha ha

I'm only eating the tofurky and veggies of course!

Thank you VeganJoe Lobsterrific and blabbate for poppin in to say hi and the encouragement!

Thanksgiving was very very yummy! My little brothers described it as "exquisite"... this coming from 2 die-hard meat eaters. Everyone asked for 3rds. I ate Tofurky roast, Green Beans and Roasted Veggies only. Very very tasty though.

Yesterday

Back

One Arm Rows

Lat Pulldowns

Bent Over Rows

Upright Rows

V-Ups (4 sets 90 seconds)

1 hour ellyptical

1 hr recumbant bike

Today

1 hour slow jog

20 min jog with clients

40 min recumbant bike

Tomorrow is legs, 2 more hours of cardio, then a rest day.

Still a challenge to get the Gallon of water in.

So I accepted the Fitness Model job. Bring on the pain and relentless hours of cardio!!!!!!!

Monday I have the meeting to talk about the EcoGym.

Tonight I have a quick late night date. Already planned accordingly to find a restaurant that does a Veggie Burger wrapped in lettuce. It's our 3rd date... so far so good He's coming in from Lake Havasu (from Tgiving with relatives) and I told him if he was too tired we'd do it another time, so we'll see. Too stressed about meeting Monday to see him tomorrow so we're trying to make it work tonight.

Be back soon!

Yes Robert, we need to get together soon. And I'm ready to help you out at an Expo again.. just say when.

I feel amazing today. This year I went through some really really dark days. I struggle a lot with food and wine as an escape and when I'm feeling out of control in these areas, I withdrawal. I think it will be a lifelong struggle but my craving to make a difference in this world will always keep me coming out the other side. Right now I have some AMAZING opportunities in front of me and I feel on top of the world. I'm not where I want to be but I WILL be very soon. It's odd how I forget how amazing I feel when I'm getting in long workouts, in control of my food and limiting my wine intake to a couple glasses on weekends only. I feel if I were to give that up completely, I'd rebel... so as much as I'd like to take the wine out completely, I'm very proud of myself for limiting it to a couple glasses on weekends.

Yesterday 1 hour incline walk

1 hour recumbant bike

Had shoulder workout planned but the day was too busy so I'll have to do it after my morning client, then legs in the evening. That's going to be a heavy heavy workout day. I'll have to add 1 extra carb serving today.

Meeting for my Green Studio got pushed to next week. I'm officially booked for the fitness model gig at the end of the month, I'm dating an amazing guy right now, I picked up 4 extra clients in the past few weeks and life couldn't be better. Next week might be a different story but today feels amazing and so have the past few days. I want to hold onto this moment. Kisses to everyone!!!! haha