The VBB-pizza

candyflip

I didn't even realize there was a food topic! So sorry to post this a second time (I allready posted this to my training blog), but i figured that you can find this better if it's here.

The VBB-pizza

Dough:

- 2/3 whole grain flour

- 1/3 rye/spelt flour or similar

- yeast

- a couple of pinches of baking powder

- hemp seeds

- sunflower seeds

- sesame seeds

- lots of hemp/flax oil and/or olive oil

- soy sauce

- herbs

- water

Knead the dough for 10-15 minutes. You can either do a slightly loose dough or a "normal" dough. Just add water and/or flour until the dough feels good. When properly kneaded, the dough should feel kind of stringy or resilient. Leave the dough in a bowl under a towel or such in a warm place for about 30 minutes, then roll it out to wath thicknes best suites you, i prefer about 2-3mm, and leave it for another 10 minutes under a towel. Do not put on the fillings yet! Instead put only the dough into the owen and bake it in 200'C until it's almost done, a little bit brown on the edges maybe.

The tomato sauce:

- Either make your own tomato puree or use a ready one

- balsamico (or other vinegar)

- soy sauce

- herbs

- black pepper

- sugar

- (onion, garlic, chilli...)

You can eiher mix the ingerdients cold or warm them on a frying pan. The tomato sauce is the second most important part in a pizza, after the dough!

Toppings (choose to your liking, i usually have two different protein sources):

- Marinated tofu or tempeh dices (soy sauce+ lemon juice/vinegar + spices + ketchup/mustard/mayo...)

- Textured soy grain (mixed in water with vegetable stock and spices)

- Cooked sweet potato

- Pineapple

- soy sausage slices

- zucchini slices

- eggplant

- tomato

- sweet peppers

- olives

- sundried tomato

- artichoke

- asparagus

- nuts

- seitan

- onion

- garlic

Spread out first the tomato sauce and then the toppings on the baked pizza bread. Put into the owen for about 10 minutes, or as long as you want to or the bread doesn't burn. If you want to add some cheese substitute, do it about 2-3 minutes before the pizza is ready.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...