Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: coroho's strength training log
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:45 am 
Manatee

chewybaws wrote:
coroho wrote:
Squats: That's more like 50kg, didn't have much trouble at all. I'm still trying to make my new squat form more fluid, right now I kind of do it in parts.
Bench Press: My shoulder started hurting again once I got up to 45kg. I think I'm going to skip BP for the next couple workouts and just do some weighted dips.
Elevated Rows: PR by +1. Could be cause I didn't BP as before.
Dips: Didn't add any weight cause I didn't wanna further aggravate my shoulder, but I'm happy to see I haven't lost any strength since I last went for BW dips. Gained a bit actually.
Reverse Crunches: I think I'm going to drop to 5lb next time even if I can't get 3x12.

I'm actually doing the exact same weight on Squats as you just now (obviously both deloaded), but doing 3x8 instead. I'm aiming for the same as you - I think I was pausing too much in the down position and that was putting too much pressure on my joints. Trying my best to try to keep everything tight throughout the whole exercise. I would say I need to try and control my speed (doing them real quick just now) - but that will sort itself out as we get heavy again :)

Sucks about your shoulder man. It's been a couple of workouts, rest it up so you can get to benching heavy again as soon as possible.

I swear we're a couple of rehab patients on squats. Feels good just to be doing them again though. Hopefully only heavy weight slows us down this time around :D On the shoulder, yeah I know, I wasn't expecting it to take this long to heal. But then at first I'd felt it on BP, dips, OHPs, pullups, and deadlifts so it's kind of hard to rest fully. I'm hoping cutting out BP will do it cause that's the only time it really starts to hurt again now. If not, I'll try cutting out dips too. Sucks cause my A days already feel pretty weak.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:54 pm 
Manatee

10/28/09
Squat: 52.5kg 5x5
Press: 37.5kg 5x5
Deadlift: 104kg 1x5
Pullups: 8,6,5
Hang Cleans: 30kg 4x4

Squats: Figure I'll slowly add on the weight and see if things come together. Saw some guy squatting nearly 200kg today, it was sweet.
Press: This was actually easier than last time. Felt like I was moving the bar further back which seemed to help with lockout.
Deadlift: Managed it with overhand grip where I couldn't last time I did this weight. Felt like I kept my back straight.
Pullups: I widened my grip today cause I didn't like how toast my biceps got last time (aiming at the lats). Bit harder, but not bad.
Hang Cleans: Felt a little more natural with some weight on there. Need to work on racking it on my shoulders rather than using my wrists.

Last edited by coroho on Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:29 pm 
Manatee

10/30/09
Squats: 56kg 5x5
Elevated Rows: 10,8,7
Hang Cleans: 30kg 5x3
Reverse Crunches: 9,12,9 5lb counter

urite Chewy, I decided I don't wanna dip heavy unless I can bench heavy so I took the day off from both to rest my shoulder. Woke up yesterday with a bruise on my other shoulder and I was like wtf, then I saw one also on my neck and I was like "ohh, the cleans" lol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:59 pm 
Manatee

11/2/09
Bodyweight: 149.2lbs
Squats: 56kg 3x5
Press: 40kg 5x5
Deadlift: 106.6kg 1x5
Pullups: 6,5,4

Felt awesome to get that press. Deadlift was good. Leg hurt on squats and shoulder felt weird on pullups. Frustrating, thinking of taking 2 weeks off completely to let both of those heal if it keeps up. Figure that would be better than to keep on doing half workouts.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:49 pm 
Manatee

11/4/09
Hang Cleans: 35kg 5x3
Elevated Rows: 7,6,6
Dips: 15,11,10
Reverse Crunches: 12,7,6 5lb counter

Didn't squat. Still couldn't bench. Had to do dips to make it feel worthwhile, but they felt fine.

11/6/09
Press: 42.6kg 5,3,3,3,3
Deadlift: 108.6kg 1x5
Pullups: 4,6,5
Prone Bridges: 2x30s w/ medicine ball

I think I'm going to start adding 1kg increases to OHPs rather than 2.5. It's just too big a jump. Deadlift was really heavy but I recorded myself and had great form (afaik). Had to narrow my grip on pullups to keep my shoulder from popping, which I did after the first set. Probably gonna take those two weeks after this next one.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:36 pm 
Manatee

11/9/09
Bodyweight: 147.5lbs
Hang Cleans: 40kg 5x3
Elevated Rows: 9,7,7
Dips: +20lbs 3x8
Reverse Crunches: 12,12,9 5lb counter

Hang Cleans: I think I might stick at this weight and go for full power cleans. It's a good point where I'm not just throwing it up anymore.
Dips: Still couldn't bench today, but these felt fine. Last reps were challenging.

Bodyweight's down cause I'd lost motivation + got bored with everything I'm eating. I think now I've found a new motivation but I'm just trying to maintain 'til after I take my little break. I think I'm only going to take a week off then start doing Rippletoe's recovery program. In the meantime I've been drinking beer and coffee more 8) But I'm ready to get back squatting and bulking--hopefully come december.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:13 pm 
Manatee

11/11/09
Press: 41kg 5x5
Deadlift: 110.6kg 1
Pullups: 7,7,5
Prone Bridges: 3x30s w/ medicine ball

Got OHP—microloading ftw. Yeah, that's 1 deadlift rep. It went up lopsided, the next attempt I couldn't get past my knees and 3rd try I couldn't budge it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:03 pm 
Manatee

11/11/09
Power Cleans: 40kg 5x3
Elevated Rows: 7
Dips: +20lbs 3x6
Reverse Crunches: 12,12,9 5lb counter

Pulled the cleans from the floor which was a bit different. Easier, but will need to practice that. Only did one set of rows cause they felt redundant after the cleans. Dips my form was weird, I don't know what was up but I just cut them short on reps/weight.
Resting up the next week and starting Starr's rehab after that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:24 pm 
Site Admin

Awesome!

I haven't been able to check out as many training journals as I would like because of my traveling but I'll be checking yours out more soon!

Keep up the awesome work!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:04 pm 
Elephant

Hey man, hope your recovery's going smooth. I ain't got sh*t to read just now. You're off to recover, mikkei's away visiting family so none of his log (or videos), no robert cheeke show episodes. Just xCx left!

I went 10 days without a workout before Monday there and it killed me. Got major withdrawl symptoms. Must not injure self serious again.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:36 pm 
Manatee

Sorry for cutting your reading material chewy! :P I actually just got back from fuckin' around at the gym. Basically relearning squats after reading Starting Strength. It'd been 10 days for me too but I swear it felt like 2+ weeks. As it turns out though, I'm not gonna start the rehabbing till Saturday or Monday Image (Going home for Thxgiving) On the bright side, I'm still at 147lbs so I haven't withered away yet.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:56 pm 
Manatee

Small update:
Been doing the Starr rehab for squats and bench press. It's been something like this:
M: 25 x 45 45 45 lbs
T: 25 x 45 45 55 lbs
W: 25 x 45 55 65 lbs
T: 25 x 55 65 75 lbs
F: 25 x 65 75 85 lbs
Except today (Friday) I could only manage 20 on the last set for bench and I didn't do it for squats. That's because I decided my squat form wasn't good enough to do that many and especially not for rehab. So instead I warmed up and squatted 30, 40, 50, and 60 kg to see how it felt and it felt fine. So I think I'll finish out the bench press rehab (~8 more days) while working on my squat form, which btw felt a lot better today.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:19 pm 
Elephant

How's recovery going man?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:16 pm 
Manatee

I don't know, I'm not doing the rehab thing anymore. Seemed like all I was doing was basically doing a lot of reps and working through the pain if it came (it sometimes did, but it'd be faint and fade fast). So I decided I'd just go back to the program, do extra warm up, and see if I can't work through any pain. So today was my first day of that, I'm just doing the main lifts until I think I'm better.

12/9/09
Squats: 51.6kg 5x5
Bench Press: 50kg 5x5

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:02 pm 
Manatee

12/11/09
Squats: 55kg 5x5
Press: 35kg 5x5
Deadlift: 92.4kg 1x5

One month since my last B day (damn), but everything felt fine except I got tired really easily. Just need to get back in the rhythm I think.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next