Denise Nicole's Modeling, Competing & Personal Training Blog

Yesterday:

Incline DB Press 10-8-8-6

Incline DB Fly 10-8-8-6

Front DB Raise 10-8-8-6

DB Side Lat Seated 10-8-8-6

Shrugs 10-8-8-6

DB Tricep Ext 10-8-8-6

Racking my brain on various exercises that don't particularly incorporate the core (isolated is best) AND don't require me to lie flat on a bench. Working at home have full set, but my tower isn't up, so free weights it is.

Today is cardio only - 30 min steady walk on tread.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys!

Going to work on the rest of my routine. What is interesting is the very limited amount of information out there for this. Since I PT for a living, I'm very excited to design a good routine for pregnant women which will include the mom to be's previous level of fitness. Yoga is great mind you, but some of us want to do more I meet with OB's in two weeks to collaborate on the training to be positive it's "approved".

I hope you don't take this the wrong way..

But just wondering where the father is? He's gonna take responsibility right?

No offense taken I'm not interested in tens of thousands of dollars and lots of emotional issues with a legal battle .... I'm 40,000 in on the first marriage. My children and I are a wreck to this day becuase of it and I will never see that money again, no matter how much child support I collected. And now my two oldest are really "out" that money. For my own sanity and the child's the courts don't work, and I no longer wish government to be involved or my child to become a ward of the state (this happens during these battles). God entrusted me with this child and thus far have the means to care for him/her, I want them to be emotionally well. I can not force the "donor" to be a Dad. I don't know how much of that makes sense, but I'm at peace with my decision

Edited by SeaSiren

I hope you don't take this the wrong way..

But just wondering where the father is? He's gonna take responsibility right?

No offense taken I'm not interested in tens of thousands of dollars and lots of emotional issues with a legal battle .... I'm 40,000 in on the first marriage. My children and I are a wreck to this day becuase of it and I will never see that money again, no matter how much child support I collected. And now my two oldest are really "out" that money. For my own sanity and the child's the courts don't work, and I no longer wish government to be involved or my child to become a ward of the state (this happens during these battles). God entrusted me with this child and thus far have the means to care for him/her, I want them to be emotionally well. I can not force the "donor" to be a Dad. I don't know how much of that makes sense, but I'm at peace with my decision

Well i hope this isnt the guy who was gonig to buy the motorcycle for you . He could atleast give you the money for the motorcycle.

• 1 month later...

How about an update?

I'm huge! First Tri-mester (and a bit into the second), I had morning sickness and was overwhelmingly dead on my feet.... basically a walking zombie for months. There is a chemical released at that time which can casue it. I was lucky enough to have missed it during all 5 of the other pregnancies. So basically by the time I was through being morning sick, I had enough time to catch up on clients get my own family straight and fall into bed, lol I ate properly and kept reminding myself that it was all good!

I am surprised at how large my belly got so fast. I am about the size I was just before delivery on the last one. Guess after a while "body memory" really kicks in! lol

So, now into my second and about half way there! I can now be on a regular schedule, still eating properly of course and hoping for a great last half of pregnancy.

I did get a bit of a shock about two weeks ago. I was asked when I would start getting things for the little one and my response was, after the 25 week mark (when my first was born and died a few days later). When asked when that was, I took a peek at my calendar and it is EXACTLY the day of my first child's birthday. I have the same due date and am on the same course EXACTLY 20 years later. My goal now of course is to keep stress at minimum and keep my head on straight! Everything for a reason right?

I had an influx of clients this month just before the holidays. A total surprise really, but gotta say my ladies have it right. Get a hold of the situation NOW not later!

OK, easy day today really for training. 30 min tread, steady pace.

• 4 weeks later...

Sooooo, It's been a ride! Anyway, have not been training due to awaiting the OB's to finally get together and devise a plan.

All three are in agreement that my first child was early (and subsequently died) not due to an incompetant cervix as diagnosed 20 years ago. There of course is a lot of history backing that and my other pregnancies. So good news is, no surgery! The bad news is, they feel it was a combination of pre-term labor and for the first at least placenta abruption. So they are doing a brief work up to rule out a clotting disorder on me, and then they are speaking of doing progesterone injections weekly until about 34 weeks, which they feel has some merit to preventing preterm labor. For those who know me well, they know I am very anti-medication so I am still doing my research on this before deciding finally (by next week) on it.

Lastly, they are pretty close to forcing bed rest for the remainder, but are OK right now with me just taking it really easy, no lifting at all and not allowed on my feet for anymore than 2 hours at any given time. They are also all in agreement that while they encourage women to exercise during pregnancy, I am an exception and have been told in no uncertain terms, that exercise could put me into active labor.

While I am bummed of course. I'm absolutely OK with it, as she (yes baby is a girl) comes first and foremost of course! I also am very comfortable with my ability to return to pre-pregnancy shape after. This really does go quickly, so I will just have to sit it out for a bit.

In the mean time. I am eating properly and doing very light Yoga.

Other than that, I STILL have no clue on a name! Leaning towards traditional names, but none of them have struck me as the one to date. I'll keep you posted!

• 2 weeks later...

So my decision was made for me. The insurance will not cover the meds so it's a wait game now. I'm actually getting too far along to begin treatments anyway with all the insurance delays .... surgery is not longer viable at this stage (cervix). Contractions began last weekend, the first rough day was every 3 for about an hour although quite tolerable so I did not go in, but got a proper chewing out by the Doc on the next appt. Last night was more of a bear, although every 10, they were def not as tolerable ... but waved off after few hours later. She has now dropped and creating quite a bit of pressure. "D" day is Monday, the day my son came at just over 25 weeks 20 years ago (Jan 11, 1990) and subsequently died a few days later. Being on the same schedule is a bit un-nerving. Even though I am taking it really easy, I don't think my brain is cooperating, lol

They want me to do a routine glucose test for gestational diabetes (standard for all). But I don't see the point really, American College of OB and Gyn has been trying to pull it since it's results are quite skewed. And seriously, I don't think I am ready for any drugs (and I feel fine). When I asked Doc said he would first adjust diet.... lol had to laugh, and exactly how? I asked. I told him I can give him a blow by blow of my diet including nutrients, fats, proteins, carbs and calories .... yeah I have that covered. So if there WAS an issue, they would want drugs based on a test that results can be skewed. Nah, I'll pass unless there is an issue (I just know my doc luvs me! heehee).

Anyhow, positive energy is appreciated. I would love to get to 32 weeks min and 36 even better (will be 25 tomorrow). I am of course planing for her arrival, but also planning my come back into shape after. Can you run a tread while babywearing? hmmmmmm (JK)

• 1 month later...

I was hoping for 32 weeks and made it as of yesterday!

There is a new test out, fetal fibronectin test, which basically if you pass there is no worry that you will deliver in the next two weeks and if you fail they have detected that the "glue" holding everything together is dissolving which "could" indicate delivering soon. I passed my first and failed the second .... over three weeks ago. All the ladies in my group who failed have already delivered. I have defied the odds and carried longer than anticipated. I also decided to forgo the medication for helping stop pre-term labor and the others did not. Interesting, huh?

Any whoo .... I'm on bed rest (kinda, as I'm a very bad patient .... but am certainly taking it easy), I'm not anticipating carrying to full term, but she is now able to deliver at a reg hospital and we do not anticipate having to go to a NICU .... the little bugger is also over 4 and 1/2 lbs! Much larger than any I have ever carried (and note she is my first vegan baby) and also breech! Since I can not decide on a name, I think she has a foot firmly planted on either side refusing to come out until I do hee hee I have two I like ...a shame not twins, but can't decide on which. (Sophia Gabrielle, or Lillian Gayle)

Also am totally undecided on a last name. Since I am divorced I still carry my exes last name (Turner). But it seems just wrong to use it .... but then again, that would give her mine and her sister's last name keeping it the same. OR I could give her my maiden name and go back to it myself, although I must say since my maiden name is German (Dunkleman) it does not exactly roll off the tongue easily, lol

On another note ... I can't wait to get back to lifting. I miss it soooo much! Gained 40lbs to date with this pregnancy, although I have no doubt that will lose it, the journey will be a lot of fun (I'm being serious)