Shawn's Eating & Training Log!

Yo guys!

I decided I am going to open up my own diet and training log. I have considered doing it for weeks now, so I thought I might asweel go ahead and open up the thread!

Right Now I at college, but when I get home I will jot down my training log for the past few months~

I will start writing down what I eat, because it's really important to have a record of what may be better for your gains!

Say you being to eat alot more fruits and nuts one week, and you notice dramatic increases in your overall well-being and strength, than you know what to eat more of!, fruits and nuts~

So this thread is going include the weight training that I had did since October, 2009, to whenever~~

Also, I am going to do my best in recording on everything I eat each day--

Plus I will notify and give thoughts on how certain supplements increase my overall well-being!

My business class is just about to start, C Ya'll soon!

• 3 weeks later...

OK, now it's time to start my diet and training log!!

Saturday December 19th Worked out my Chest + Back

Started at 9:20 AM finished at 10:15 AM

I had a good workout here

Normal Push-Ups

4 sets of 15

Flat Bench Press - not too strong in this one, but I am getting there doing alot better than before

50 lbs - 15 reps

55 lbs - 13 reps (failure)

55 lbs - 9 reps

60 lbs- 7 reps

60 lbs - 7 reps

Dumbell Rows! - my back is doing pretty good, step dad said its lookin pretty cut, but i gotta work on my shoulders and arms - i agree

25 lbs each - 15 reps

30 lbs each - 15 reps

35 lbs each - 12 reps

30 lbs each - 12 reps

Behind the Head Cable Pulldown (gotta get those lats going lol)

75 lbs - 15 reps

90 lbs - 10 reps

105 lbs - 6 reps

105 lbs - 6 reps

EATING LOG

8:00 am 1 SCOOP pea protein (25g protein), 1 orange, 1 organic gala apple, 2 pieces of watermelon

8:30 am 1 SCOOP SuperPump 250 for preworkout!! (i love this stuff)

9:20 am Workout Started 10:15 am Workout Ended

10:15 am 30 Grams Sprouted Rice Protein, with 5g Glutamine + 1000mg Vitamin C, and a Gatorade with 1 Organic Apple!

12:00 pm 40 Grams [Wheat Protein Isolate, 1 Cup Oats, 1/3 Cup Yogourt IceCream]-> blended into a shake (I know I know, the only dairy I had in 3 months), 1 Green Apple, Whole Wheat Bagel with Peanut Butter! (delicious.)

2:30 pm - [25 Grams Organic Hemp Protein + Medium orange + half avocado] blended into a shake

6 pm - large spinach salad with different vegetables + other half of avocado and 1 Scoop Pea Protein with some fruits

10 pm - 40 Grams Wheat Protein Isolate + 5 g glutamine + vegan multivitamins + vegan glucosamine + with some yogourt ice cream microwaved wish a big homemade date square and an apple (

Wow! Just noticed yesterday I consumed about approx 180 grams of protein and lots of calories through fruits and fats~

-> Before I went to bed I felt like I couldnt go to sleep, I need to drink lots of water before being able to, throughout the day I consumed tons of water and I didnt really feel that bad

-> Would anyone say this is too much protein when considering I did a great workout?

Plus I am about 6 feet tall, 152 lbs and 7% bodyfat -> I am as strong as I was when I weighed 165 lbs, im even a little stronger now (Is that good? )

I thought I weighed like 160 165 but I showed myself wrong. Ever since quitting dairy I lost alot of weight but didnt lose any strength. (Dairy is bad)

Chow my homies!

Wow! Just noticed yesterday I consumed about approx 180 grams of protein and lots of calories through fruits and fats~

-> Before I went to bed I felt like I couldnt go to sleep, I need to drink lots of water before being able to, throughout the day I consumed tons of water and I didnt really feel that bad

-> Would anyone say this is too much protein when considering I did a great workout?

Plus I am about 6 feet tall, 152 lbs and 7% bodyfat -> I am as strong as I was when I weighed 165 lbs, im even a little stronger now (Is that good? )

I'd say 180g protein is good, but how about getting some from food?? Here is the food you ate:

8:00 am 1 orange, 1 organic gala apple, 2 pieces of watermelon

10:15 am 1 Organic Apple!

12:00 pm 1 Cup Oats, 1/3 Cup Yogourt IceCream, 1 Green Apple, Whole Wheat Bagel with Peanut Butter

2:30 pm - Medium orange, half avocado

6 pm - large spinach salad with different vegetables + other half of avocado and some fruits

10 pm - some yogourt ice cream microwaved wish a big homemade date square and an apple

How many calories was that exactly? I'm 2" shorter than you and I eat about 4k a day. Get protein from food and you'll get more calories + absorb it better.

I used to eat alot of cooked legumes for protein, but I did some research and some articles said when you cook something it makes it very hard to digest. I have some dry chickpeas and kidney beans i dunno i might soak them for a really long time and cook them on really low heat.

I also eat different nuts and seeds throughout the day i just forgot to mention them. Im trying to eat as raw as possible so getting alot of calories and protein through real food can be sort of difficult. But I want to try legumes than can be sprouted so I dont have to cook them which then taxes the digestion.

I just had tons of calories.

2 Scoops chocolate wheat protein, 1 cup of oats, 1 banana, 1 tbsp peanut butter, all blended up

damn was it satisfying

I was still hungry so i slightly toasted a whole grain bagel and add cinnamin spread on it. that hit the spot..

Cool to see a log starting.

180 grams sounds good in my ears but I wouldn't personally eat so much wheat protein since it doesn't seem to be very good for overall health. Pea, soy, rice and hemp are better options.

I agree that you should cook more and the stuff you read about legumes isn't true.

Do like this. Soak the beans/peas in a lot of water and sodium bicarbonate for 12-24 hours and then boil them for about 1 hour in new water (not the soaking water, make sure you rinse them from the bicarbonate too). With the kidney beans it's a good idea to change the boiling water after about 20 minutes to reduce the amount of antinutrients but chickpeas is just fine to cook for 1 hour straight.

If you do not cook kidney beans at high temperature (100 degrees celcius) it's dangerous, not the other way around.

Yes I was thinking of sending the Wheat Protein back, but I really like it's taste and it goes great with a banana and raw oats in my 'magic bullet' blender. It doesn't really give me any digestion problems if I have a Wheat shake after my workout because my body uses all of the protein, even gluten, quickly (this is my assumption).

Im really interested in getting Sun Warrior rice protein too add to my regime.

Yeahh I really miss eating legumes, I think I will make some chickpeas soon and make a stiry-fry out of them. Lots of calories for mass and muscle gain.. I don't know if I want to re-introduce tofu or anything though, no idea on how processed those commercial brands of soy products are. Only way I will put soy back into my diet if I cooked the soy beans myself.

I'd really wish to get some organic legumes so I can sprout them without worrying of it growing bacteria.

The raw oats sorta give me stomach pains, I think I'll stop adding them to my shakes.

Im thinking of sending the wheat protein back also.

I also have these supplements

Vegan 1 a day multivitamin, Vegan Glucosamine, Glutamine, Creatine

Are these good for recovery like they say? Or should I just stick to a purely raw diet and not take any supplements at all?

Glucosamine is for joints right? I think it's worthless unless you actually have pains but I'm not sure.

Glutamine, don't waste your money. Creatine rules though, if it's monohydrate take 5-10 grams per day all days of the week.

1.)Yes it is for joints and works as long as you take it daily for joint pain. Takes about two weeks for it to actually kick in but after that it seems one forgets about their pain.

2.) Ive seen mixed results. I get tired of taking supps so I rarely take glutamine. I have seen some people take it daily and have rockin workouts and hardly ever be sore.

I just quit taking supplements and Im starting to feel alot better. I dont believe the fact that you need to consume 100s of grams of protein to gain muscle.

When you compare a gram of protein from say cooked beans to a gram of raw organic baby spinach I think you'd be amazed. Like when I eat a nice salad with mostly organic vegetables I feel and know know I got enough nutrients, it's intuition. Same as for organic fruits, sometimes for breakfast I only need to eat 1 organic gala apple and a few pieces of fresh pineapple to feel satisfied. I'd rather have that than say cooked instant oatmeal which takes alot more energy to digest. Also, I am pretty sure a gram of protein from an organic fruit has a way higher quality than cooked instant oats. Due to the fact that most oats are old, processed, cooked, and cooked again with boiling water - which causes all of the amino acids to be messed up and un-usable. So that is why it only takes about 2 fruits to feel ful versus a big bowl of cooked instant oatmeal.

On the other hand: if it was sprouted raw organic oats it would take alot less to feel satisfied and in the knowing that I got my necessary nutrients.

In conclusion: I quit the supplements, the cooked food, and now I mostly eat raw organic foods. By quitting glutamine, creatine, pre-workout supplements, and the like, I am starting to feel alot better and the way I am supposed to feel. Supplements and cooked foods are unnatural and not the way nature intended them to be. A raw, organic, and natural diet without supplements is the healthiest way to go, and yes, you can gain muscle and fitness on this type of diet.

I would like to dicuss whether or not raw organic protein supplements such as vega and sun warrior have the same quality protein and amino acids as fresh organic sprouts (such as seed sprouts, grain sprouts, legume sprouts, and nut sprouts), fresh organic vegetables and fruits. I know that these raw organic protein supplements are processed very carefully but are they matchable to natural foods in terms of nutrient quality? Are they as easy to digest as fresh foods? I am not trying to downgrade these raw organic protein supplements but just trying to get some information from knowledgeable people who actually own these product comapanies.

I would like to try out these raw organic protein powders eventually and see how they make me feel. I am sure they are ALOT better than other plant based protein powders.

I will be returning about 180$ worth of supplements to bodybuilding.com in a short while, and as in-store credit will be returned I am going to order products that are as raw and organic as possible. I want to try out Sun Warrior's protein and possibly Vega. But I definately want to order some raw organic hemp seeds, raw organic maca powder, raw organic sea vegetables, raw organic golden flax seeds, and other highly raw organic products. Please give more some advice if you know any other raw organic products on bodybuilding.com that you feel I could benefit from.

Currently I am affiliating Sun Warrior in my site and Sun Food products. My site is not the best but I just felt like improving my web designing skills.

Chow!