Vegan Luv & Q.

Hello Everyone!

I’m new to this forum ...But excited to connect with like minded people interested in a conscious lifestyle. I have been a vegan for a very long time....over 16 yrs, I have 2 vegan children from birth, now they are 16 & 12.

I love sharing my passion for Vegan Health….. you could say I’m a bit of an activist wanting to inspire others to see the health & compassion on a vegan lifestyle.

There is a lot of food out there that is lacking nutrients & is empty that is still considered vegan. I think that was my struggle in the past…… also I’m a vegan chef and love cooking which can lead to eating too much of my healthy dishes.

I wasn’t very active in the past, but for 2 years now I have really been working on getting fit and body building. I work out with a trainer & Im seeing results-My new passion is vegan body building, I’m going to get strong & ripped up this year! Thanks for all the great info on this site!

My Q,

Overdoing protein including plant based can cause problem in the body. I work with a non profit vegan organization teaching nutrition to cancer patients.

They recommend your body weight x’s .36 for your daily amount.

What ya think?

http://www.pcrm.org/health/veginfo/protein.html

thanks

p.s

also It wont let me post a pic? It says the site has reached its limit?

Howdy,

There are two schools of thought around here when it comes to protein, one is that building bigger muscles is going to take greater intake of protein. Hense on a vegan diet supplimenting would be easier than trying to get enough from whole foods. Then there are the people who tend to the raw food side of things who say you can get all the protein you need in the form of enzymes from eating friuts and veggies. By protein I mean amino acids. You can get into quite an argument around here on this subject. I personally think that you live a life style that is greater than sedintary you will need greater amounts for your bodies needs. There is such a thing as too much protein, so finding what you need will take some personal evaluation of your goals and activity levels. Not to memtion amino acids are use by the body for more than muscle. So that what I think about the subject.

Best of luck on your goals and hope to read about your progress.

Edited by Vegan Joe

Hi there! I won't weigh in on the protein issue because there are folks on here that are far more knowledgeable than myself. I just wanted to say I think it's very cool that you are a vegan chef! I love to cook as well and I am going to start teaching vegan cooking classes in March. I think if I could pick a dream job vegan chef would be it. Do you work in a restaurant?

PS I was wondering about the illogic of that site.

"The kidney-damaging effect was seen only with animal protein. Plant protein had no harmful effect."

But yet it says vegetarian diet and not vegan or strict vegetarian, which would leave you with animal protein thru the use of eggs and dairy products.

Hey thanks everyone for your responses,

Knowing the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) & Dr Neal Barnard, I’m sure when he says Vegetarian is referring to pure Vegetarian diet (Vegan).

I do have a lot of respect for His scientific research and programs.

Check out his program, share with carnivore friends: http://21daykickstart.org/

I respect that we all might have different ideas on what is the perfect amount of protein. I’m just really trying to figure out what is best for me to maintain health & put on muscles mass.

I don’t work at a restaurant, I teach vegan cooking classes in my office-kitchen school & people’s homes.

Yes that is a photo of my abs

Your avatar is smokin' by the way!!!!!!

Your body is not like mine nor anyone on here. Most things specific to your body should be left to trial and error.

Try bumping your protein up from what it is now. If you feel it's not working for you at a higher number or you're having I'll effects then lower it.

Trial and error.

I compete in bodybuilding. Most say to cut water,salt,carbs etc before a show. Well with my body that does me no good but decrease my muscle size.

Also, would love to see more pics

I use Sunwarrior[vanilla flavor] from veganproteins.com(plug ha ha).

Vega(vanilla chai)

Spiru-tein (cherry jubilee)

Life Time- Lifes basics(vanilla--tastes like butterscotch)

Those are the only ones I touch really. I eat tofu too. hot/cold, new/old. Its all good

Hey I do have a PM box for those pics...