Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Malckiera's umpteenth log
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:08 pm 
Rabbit

Weather in this country has taken a turn for the worst :( It's now even too dangerous to cycle to work, if not downright impossible to even try, as bikes just get stuck in the snow. Today the legs therefore got a more than decent workout: it takes me a good hour to walk to work, through the snow, which was a workout in itself. This of course had to be repeated on the way back :roll: Got so pissed off at not being able to run outdoors that I went to the gym and dit
treadmill:
1x10 mins @ 9.5 km/h
1x20 mins @ 9.5 km/h

The idea was to do 3x10 mins @ 9.5 km/h, with a minute walk inbetween, but after the second 10 mins I just didn't feel like stopping, so I decided to carry on and see how much longer I could run. Anotehr 10 minutes did it just nicely :) Next time I'll start with the 20 mins and then see if I can still carry on, without slowing down to walking pace. I know it's miles away from running on the road, but it's all I've got at the moment (weather is said to last for another 2 weeks at least! :shock: ) and it's better than nothing at all.
Did have a longing look at the weights, but by the time I got off the treadmill I was so knackered that I was quite sure that nothing decent would come of lifting, so that'll be my 'treat' for Friday: lower body workout! :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:32 pm 
Stegosaurus

Nice job on the run!

I do treadmill in the winter as well...I read that by putting the treadmill at 1% incline helps simulate road running so that's what I do.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:05 am 
Rabbit

Will try that next time, thanks lobsterrific! :)
Not looking forward to another "leg workout" in the snow today - neither are my legs! :(

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:18 pm 
Rabbit

Oops! Obviously did not pay attention at all and did an upper body workout ratehr than the lower body workout that I was supposed to be doing :oops:

10 mins rowing machine
2x10 DB flyes @ 5 kgs DB - due to bench being heavily in use by 3 guys as it was
2x10 chins @ 45 kgs - starting to feel better :)
2x10 mil press @ 10 kgs - felt good today too!
2x10 decline sit-ups @ 2.5 kgs plate
2x10 rotator cuff @ 1 kgs DB
2x10 30 sec supermans, alternating with
2x1 min plank

Workout felt really good today! :) Will have to make up for missing lower body workout tomorrow, although I figure what with all the trekking through the snow this week legs have not exactly been shortchanged :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:36 pm 
Stegosaurus

Walking in the snow is hard work!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:07 am 
Rabbit

Finally went for a run today! :D Granted, I don't think we went further than 2 miles, slowly, but it was a 'jog' and it was outdoors! It also was off road and I took Sparky with me. Seeing as I hope to do at least one Cani Cross event with him, we might as well start running together. Problem with Sparky is, he's not very social when it comes to other dogs and unfortunately there are still too many people who can't see a problem with allowing their playful dog to run up to my dog on his lead :roll: There usually is a reason why dogs are onlead, and it would be so nice if people could just respect that!
Anyway, rant over, we ran about 2 miles over snowy and sometimes slippery ground. It went lots better and faster than I'd expected and Sparks was really good at running with me. Result! :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:34 am 
Stegosaurus

Yay Sparky! :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:26 am 
Rabbit

12/1:

10 mins treadmill @ 7 kms/h
1x10 lunges @ 5 kgs DB
1x10 @ 7.5 kgs DB - felt that a lot more! :)
2x10 squats @ bar + 17.5 kgs ( + 2.5 kgs from last time - getting more confident again :))
2x10 calf press @ 52 kgs
2x10 lat pull @ 25 kgs
2x10 seated row @ 20.3 kgs
2x10 sidebends @ 8 kgs - thought I'd throw these in for a change.

I'm still tweaking this programme, might do something way different next week, apart from the basics. Overall happy with improvement in weights. I've been lifting very light, just to find my feet again and build up confidence, esp with doing squats. Yesterday felt right, so will try and build on that.
Diet is starting to happen just a bit. I'm cutting down on junk (ssssshhtt - nobody's seen that bag of crisps I had yesterday! :oops: ) and eating more fruit. Lobsterrific, if you read this, it was you going on about clementines on your log that reminded me of the existence of the little things. And yes they are goooood in this part of the world as well! :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:35 am 
Stegosaurus

Were those crisps flavored or plain? Myself I've been lucky enough to know people who let me eat the oranges and limes right off thier trees. Who needs those paltry little Clementines? :popcorn:

Happiness is a personal choice!
I am the sole source of all my sadness and joy.

"The logic of worldly success rests on a
fallacy: the strange error that our perfection
depends on the thoughts and
opinions and applause of other men."
Source: Thomas Merton

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:59 am 
Rabbit

sounding like great progress my dear :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:53 am 
Stegosaurus

Great progress!

Yum - clementines!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:33 am 
Rabbit

Thanks for your motivation! :) I intend to return the favour :wink:

Did interval training for the first time last night on the treadmill and it felt GREAT!! :D

10 mins warm up, jog @ 7 kms/h
6 x 4 mins @ 9.5-10 kms/h,
6 x 1 mins @ 7 kms/h
5 mins cooldown @ 5.5 kms/h

Was struggling a bit with the last 4 min session, but must now really think of getting a water bottle and filling it up at home before I hit the gym. If you think I'm mad to even think about running without rehydrating: I never take a bottle with me while running outside - I took a gel with me once, had to stop to open and down half of it, couldn't manage the rest so stupidly enough stuck it in my pocket "for later" and ended up wearing the stuff! :roll: And did the stuff I did down make a difference to my running? Not one bit! I can't drink more than a sip of cold water at a time either, my body just doesn't like it. I can however fill up my bottle with water at room temperature at home, and add some vitamin powder to it, for flavour if anything, and see how I do with that. Another thing to try out next time - gym life has nevre been so exciting! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:30 pm 
Rabbit

Yuk! Still can't get it together to train regularly :x Went out on Friday, for the first time in aaaages. Didn't drink at all, but still needed a long lie in on Saturday to recover and spend time with my guys to make up for what they don't get during the week. Then felt right grotty for a few days, fending off a bad cold, so again didn't train at all. Finally got it together tonight: really wanted to go to the gym, but after having to go to the garage after work I thought it was too late: my guys had a walk and their dinner, but it's not fair on them to then leave them again for the rest of the night (in case you're wondering, I'm having my dinner at the time of posting and the puter goes off after that! :) ).
ANY case: had a crap day and felt ratty, so plugged some hardcore (techno) into me ears and off I went. Did the 3+ miles route I did before and came close enough to 11 min/mile! Now that does cheer me up!! :D And there was NO walking involved either! Training might be a bit haphazard, but at least my fitness levels appear notto be plummeting completely :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:22 pm 
Rabbit

*waves* :zunge:

Been a while since I posted on this forum - seems nice 'ere. :wink:

Glad to hear your cold has cleared up and you can run again - think you gave it to me though!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:37 am 
Rabbit

Hiyaaaaa!!!!! *waves back* :D :D Fancy meeting you here! Sorry bout the cold, but don't you think we both caught it off the guy with the tacky tattoos last week (for those now thinking all sorts: we went out last week to this tiny, crowded wee club, and there wasa bloke with tacky tattoos dancing quite close to us. Nothing more exciting I'm 'fraid :wink: )

Work is seriously doing my head in at the moment, and today is going to be the very last ever of the easy days: from Monday onwards we have 14 weeks to train up people to do our jobs, it's gonna be hell :(

Anyway, needed a gym session last night to have an outlet for all this negativity. It was so packed, I've never seen it this packed before :shock: Of course I was the only girl in the free weights section and crikey, don't men half make a mess!! :x The place was like a mine field with weights all over the shop! But just as I'd grabbed hold of a bench and was cussing while dragging it over to the squat rack, this very nice guy stepped up and offered to swing it in its place in one fell swoop (the bench, not the squat rack!), was very nice of him :)

After 10mins warm up on Xtrainer, did:

1,1x10,8 bench press @ bar + 5 kgs - failed on 8 because didn't have a spotter, and I wasn't going to make a t*t of myself in front of such a large audience :roll:
2x10 chins @ 45 kgs/99 lbs - felt surprisingly good :)
2x10 mil press @ 10 kgs/ 22llbs
2x1 min plank/ 30 sec supermans
2x10 decline sit ups + 2.5 kgs plate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next