Post Op, Healing

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...

It's a new year and it's time to create new goals. Working out has been consistent and of course recorded offline. Had a few bulking phases with an attempt to break my peak weight of 220lbs. I wasn't able to do that, but 220lbs was an accomplishment within itself. The lowest I recorded on a cut was 184lbs@3% bf, but my biceps and triceps where way way too small in comparison to my chest and delts.

Here are the current goals for the new year:

Break 220lbs on a bulk,

Keep above 205lbs on a cut,

Break 560lbs on hack squats (current PB),

Break 180lbs on tricep pulldowns vbar (current PB)

Increase overall forearm size

First workout of the new year:

Note I am coming off of a very sick SUN, weight down to 208lbs

HS Chest Press 3x15@90lbs

HS Incline Chest Press 3x15@90lbs

V-bar Tricep Pushdowns 3x15@160lbs

Tricep Cable Pulldowns (back restricted) 3x15@70lbs

Chest Press 3x10@#12

Incline Chest Press 3x10@#10

Wide Grip Reverse Curls 3x10@160lbs

Close Grip Reverse Curls 3x10@150lbs

Cable Flys Upper Chest 3x10@90lbs ea

Cable Flys Lower Chest 3x10@90lbs ea

no cardio and hardly any water, mainly since my stomach was sketchy. I was doing 15 mins of cardio right before jumping into the heavy lifting, but since I am down 11 lbs in one day from this one day plague...it appears I am back to trying to gain. Albeit slowly so as to not kill my stomach/digestive system.

This is your decade Brada!

Thanks Johnny! Still gotta figure a way to break 220lbs. I sat at that for 3 months and was up to 6800 cals for 5 weeks. That is way way unmanagable even at a part time job. I'm just gonna think maintainence and work the gain slowly. First step is to get back up to 215lbs.

Preacher Curls 3x10@90lbs

Alternating Preacher Curls 3x10@45lbs

Preacher Curls 1x32@45lbs

Lat Pulldown wide grip 3x10@#12

Lat Pulldown close split grip 3x10@#14

Standing Alternating Cable Bicep Curl (elbow perpendicular to floor) 1x10@40lbs, 1x10@50lbs, 1x10@60lbs 1x6@70lbs

Alternating Concentration Curls on Preacher Bench 2x10@35lbs, 1x8@35lbs

High Lat Row 1x10@180lbs, 1x10@230lbs, 1x10@180lbs

Alternating High Lat Row 3x10@270lbs

I was mentally into the routine all the way until the first set of high lat rows at the end of my routine. I allowed some gym antics to distract me. Tomorrow I am going to make sure that doesn't happen again.

Preacher Curls 3x10@90lbs

Alternating Preacher Curls 3x10@45lbs

Preacher Curls 1x32@45lbs

Lat Pulldown wide grip 3x10@#12

Lat Pulldown close split grip 3x10@#14

Standing Alternating Cable Bicep Curl (elbow perpendicular to floor) 1x10@40lbs, 1x10@50lbs, 1x10@60lbs 1x6@70lbs

Alternating Concentration Curls on Preacher Bench 2x10@35lbs, 1x8@35lbs

High Lat Row 1x10@180lbs, 1x10@230lbs, 1x10@180lbs

Alternating High Lat Row 3x10@270lbs

I was mentally into the routine all the way until the first set of high lat rows at the end of my routine. I allowed some gym antics to distract me. Tomorrow I am going to make sure that doesn't happen again.

Ah but gym antics are the best! The other day, a woman squirted another woman in the face with a bottle of water for stealing her machine. It's great.

Ah but gym antics are the best! The other day, a woman squirted another woman in the face with a bottle of water for stealing her machine. It's great.

Ok now that would of made me laugh!

Nah this is an ongoing issue with a particular employee that works there. I've thought about changing my gym times or changing gyms in order to not have to deal with it, but the time block that I go in is optimal for me. And let's be honest, this is about me, my health, etc. Also the gym is the only one in town that has 100lbs plates and is as empty as it is. So I figured I'd just keep my nose to the grindstone and lift! Of course I could also be a jerk and talk to management, but I'm not THAT guy.

Me too!

About that employee... just slip her a picture of you to keep her busy while you're lifting weights.

Me too!

About that employee... just slip her a picture of you to keep her busy while you're lifting weights.

It was hysterical I don't see how anyone could *not* laugh.

And IMO about the employee, I find being as sweet as vegan pie makes obnoxious people uncomfortable and eventually they come around, at least usually.

A great start to a very long day ahead of me! The gym started off rather crowded for some reason, but like usual I endured as everyone else filed out of the place.

*stretched

HS Standing Shrugs 3x10@360lbs

Shrugs (behind the back) 3x10@315lbs

Partial DL (below the knee) 1x1@315lbs, 1x1@365lbs, 1x1@385lbs, 1x15@225lbs

Dumb Shrugs 3x12@105lbs ea

Bent-over Upright Unilaterial Shrugs 3x12@105lbs

Dumb RDL 1x8@105lbs ea, 1x8@120lbs ea, 1x8@130lbs ea (hooks)

Hyper-extentions 4x25

Close grip Front Shrugs w/top squeezes (smith machine) 1x6@275lbs, 1x6@295lbs, 1x6@305lbs

*stretched

Schedule switched up to 8:30a-10:30a instead of 6a-8a so that I can get more sleep. As well as MON I'll be assisting my homeboy in the gym three times a week for the up and coming show in March. Also I've got a gal that I'll be working with to get her cardio routine set. That'll be three times a week if she can stick with it. She'll have the support of her man, so hopefully she'll stick with it. Her sessions are gonna be at 6a, so I'll hit that and then swing back to my gym for a 8:30a-10:30a session. So I'll either have to eat more or cut out my cardio at my gym.

This morning I jumped the gun and went in at 8a-10a. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to sleep through the night without getting up at 5a.

Toe Raises 1x35@90lbs, 1x35@90lbs, 2x25@90lbs

Quad Ext 4x25@90lbs

Seated Ham Curls 4x25@#10

Calf Raises (Leg Press) 4x25@200lbs

Squat Press 4x25@200lbs

Knee Raises 2x15@70lbs ea (someone was on the Seated Ham Curls with a trainer so I did these while I waited for them to finish)

Seated Ham Curls 2x25@#10

Everything was 1m30s breaks so it was a fast pace. Drank alot of water and had to blelch alot. It was semi empty with the exception of the female personal trainer and her two back to back clients.

Slowly regained my appetite by FRI evening and started eating more during the weekend. Today I'm going to focus on getting back up to a ton of calories. Weighed in at 218lbs.

In this AM with DB.

HS Chest Press 3x15@140lbs

HS Incline Chest Press 3x15@140lbs

V-bar Tricep Pushdowns 3x15@140lbs

Tricep Cable Pulldowns (back restricted) 3x15@70lbs

HS Alternating Chest Press 3x15@70lbs ea

HS Alternating Incline Chest Press 3x15@70lbs ea

Wide Grip Reverse Curls 3x15@140lbs

Close Grip Reverse Curls 3x15@120lbs

Cable Flys Upper Chest 1x15@50lbs ea, 1x15@60lbs ea, 1x15@70lbs ea

Cable Flys Lower Chest 1x15@50lbs ea, 1x15@60lbs ea, 1x15@70lbs ea

Chest Press 3x10@#8

Incline Chest Press 3x10@#8

Gave DB some tips on his elbow, hand and leg placements on poses. Spent about 15-20 mins on that.

Lat Pulldown wide grip bar 3x15@#12

Lat Pulldown close grip bar 3x15@#14

HS Preacher Curls 2x10@90lbs, 1x8@100lbs

HS Alternating Preacher Curls 3x10@45lbs

Alternating High Lat Row 1x10@270lbs, 2x10@230lbs

Lat Pulldown close grip (slightly laidback engaging core) 3x10@180lbs

Standing Alternating Cable Bicep Curl (elbow perpendicular to floor, facing perpendicularly from the stack) 3x10@50lbs

Standing Alternating Cable Bicep Curl (elbow+chin tucked in tight, facing towards the stack) 3x10@50lbs then after each set I eeked out anywhere from 4-6 reps

Lat Pulldown wide grip (slightly laidback engaging core) 3x10@160lbs*

Lat Pulldown wide/neutral grip (slightly laidback engaging core) 3x180lbs

*The 160lbs lat pulldown at the end of my routine was due to my grip being shot. So I located a wide neutral grip bar and took care of that.

The gym did get crowded around this time, but what do you expect, it's the beginning of a new year as well as later that I normally go. I felt strong with my bicep routine, but I didn't feel as tight as I would of liked. I was going to do a burnout with rather light weight, but people were milling in and I was already 5 mins past my time. Next week I am gonna make it a point to get a burnout in.

Two hour workout with DB.

Traps and lowerback routine.

Highlights:

130lbs dumb shrugs

130lbs unilateral slightly bend-over front shrugs

90lbs teapot shrugs

145lbs dumb RDL

130lbs dumb DL

Everything else was pretty much the same weight that I normally do. My grip was surprisingly present, especially for how late in the week it is. Also having a gym partner so makes the difference, even when they aren't putting up the numbers you put up. But to have someone acknowledge that it ain't lightweight...is motiviation nonetheless.

Shoulders and forearms with a focus on overhead work. I went completely bar and db work, which is the first in a long long time. I did a lot of warming up before each exercises and made sure that I had my form and ROM where I wanted it. I also found that I am still unable to do side laterals on my right shoulder. Even a 25lbs isn't going up very pretty, so I had to jump on the cable machine. I was however suprised with my bar overhead work.

Highlights:

Behind the neck barbell shoulder press 165lbs at 6 reps

Unilateral seated shoulder press 70lbs at 8 reps

Forearms where pretty much what I normally do with no dramatic increases in weight. I did however get a really nice burnout at the end of the entire routine.

Highlights:

50lbs Drag Curls

35lbs Hammer grip cross over curls on a preacher bench

Alot of laughing and good times during the routine. Afterwards spent 10-12 mins on DB's show routine. Oh and had to fend off, you know who, with our laughing/joking around.

Highlights:

Quad Extensions 235lbs at 8 reps (new PB)

Quad Extensions 245lbs at 8 reps (new(er) PB)

Seated Hamstring Curl #18 at 8 reps (new PB)

Routine started off with alot of stretching then we went right into heavy lifting on our first rotation. Second rotation was low weight high reps at 4 sets of 25 reps. Third rotation was again low weight high reps but focusing on speed, 4 sets of 25 reps. Then finished off the routine with the squat press, 270lbs at 4 sets of 25 reps.

Just finished eating and I'm gonna shower then head out with a friend to walk my brother's mall...whee I am so gonna look like an old man. Hopefully I won't need a walker.