Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 84  Next
 Post subject: Re: Robert's Training Journal - A Tale of Yeah's and Buddy's
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:19 pm 
Elephant

Robert said [I trained back and triceps with a couple of other forum members. I saw a bunch of forum members the past two days. That will be one thing I'll miss about Portland]

And there aren't any vegan athletes in LA? ( and if I could find one I would have entered a sarcastic smiley here)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:44 am 
Site Admin

:)

Yeah, it will be awesome!

I've been away for a couple of weeks finishing up my book...I always think it is ready to go and then there are more revisions to be made. I'm working with great editors who are helping me make it better and better.

It will be out soon.

I trained legs today, chest/shoulders yesterday and trained with Tasha up in Canada last week. She's super buff now! It's pretty awesome and I was very, very impressed!

She was squatting 135 for sets of 20 reps easily so I'll get her to bump that up soon.

I haven't been training as consistently as I'd like....been working on editing as many as 10 hours in a day which is a lot of time staring at a screen of text but we're getting close!

I should be training all week long and I look forward to it.

In general, all is well...some things are a bit hectic such as my job change, my relationship change, my move to LA, upcoming travels and final revisions I'm still doing.

Back to work.......

RC

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:25 pm 
Stegosaurus

It was so awesome to see you again. I MISSED you so much! Great times with Wash and Dry hey?
Thanks for the nice compliments. I worked really hard and still pounding at it! :)
I also lost all the pics and videos I tried to save on my computer, I manage to save a couple. I'll post them soon.
Love Wash BFF :)
FYI You always look great in off season and on season. Always Dry! You can always keep your base and still look terrific. And a monster just before competing. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:13 am 
Site Admin

Thanks Wash....it was great to see you too!

I still have photos on my computer. I've been so busy editing and things like that and I haven't posted any of them and may not get to for a little while.

I've trained everyday for 7 days in a row now. I've been sleeping in because I've been up late so I've been getting plenty of sleep and eating pretty well so I've been fine with a workout everyday. In fact it helps break up my day from being in front of the computer the entire day.

I'm back at the gym tomorrow too but I will get a full rest day in soon. So much going on right now and very busy in general.

Back to work.....

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:47 am 
Site Admin

I've been at the gym 9 days in a row! xveganjoshx was in town so we trained and hung out.

In general, I've been very busy working on book revisions but since it's almost done and almost out I also need to be in good shape for the book tour, and the gym sessions help break up my day too, which is super helpful.

Today I pressed 100's for chest and got up to 4 plates a side on a hammer strength machine to burn out at the end so that was cool.

I exhaust myself training and editing so I've been sleeping in a lot lately too.

Meeting another forum member from out of town tomorrow so that will be cool.

Off to bed.

YB.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:47 am 
Site Admin

Trained legs today.

I think I've been there 10 of 11 days or for sure 9 of 10.

Busy in general book stuff, Vega stuff, my move to LA, deadlines, etc....but trying to stay in shape and take a break from work every once in a while during the day.

Back to work....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:21 pm 
Stegosaurus

Nice Work Dry. I hope you didn't do a lot of driving after training your legs :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:50 pm 
Site Admin

I've trained 11 of 14 days and have been extremely busy outside of the gym.

In the gym I'm focusing on power cleans and clean and press and barbell and dumbbell presses and rows.

Good times.

I need to focus on eating more. Just high stress and very busy. Better break for food now....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:41 am 
Site Admin

Trained legs today.

Hit arms and abs last night, shoulders and chest the day before, Back the day before and Legs the day before that.

I wasn't sure what to train today because I had hit all muscle groups lately, and I thought my legs were still sore, but the soreness wore off by evening and I hit them again tonight.

I was super hungry so I didn't stay for the sauna and steamroom as planned. I just needed food. My caloric intake has been far lower than usual lately.

Back to eating and working :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:00 am 
Site Admin

Power cleans and overhead press today.

I saw 3 other forum members at the gym too so that was cool. Then I saw a few others later on after the workout.

2AM time for bed.

RC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:25 pm 
Stegosaurus

Power Cleans, Go Rob :)

Letters face in! :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:32 pm 
Site Admin

haha, you got it!

I'm having fun doing powercleans and presses twice a week minimum!

I'm still training everyday, sorry for the late updates. I'm actually focusing more on power, less on volume.

For example, yesterday I only did Power Cleans and Incline Barbell Bench press. And it took over an hour :)

I did about 8 sets of Power Cleans and 6 sets of incline Bench press, including pressing heavier than I ever have for that exercise.......ever in my life. So that was great!

I did a leg workout with only 2 exercises the other day + calf raises, and another workout with Power Cleans and Dumbbell Shoulder Press.

I'm keeping them around an hour, which is usual, but more like 14 sets than 25-30 like I have always done.

Pretty excited about it.

Eating hasn't been easy for me. Lots of stress with my book delayed, relationship ending, my current move to LA, bills, job changing this month, etc. Not excuses, but just have had a lot on my mind and haven't been eating as well as I should...but training hasn't taken a back seat. It keeps my mind off things and prepares me for the year ahead. Eating will get better asap, I'll see to it!

Gotta go to the gym now.

Hmmmm, which 2 power exercises should I do today?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:09 pm 
Site Admin

I trained back last night and legs this morning.

Still just doing 2 or maybe 3 exercises per workout. Keeping intensity high and volume low.

I don't have internet at home so I have to post quickly and sometimes I stay a the cafe too long and go too long without food. I feel bad bringing in my own food and not buying food from the cafe and it doesn't fit in my interest or budget to buy food from the cafe.

So, time to head out to the car for some food. Then back home to work offline.

If I can get things to work out, I think I'll compete with some of the others on April 17th, a show I've placed 1st twice and 2nd once.

Hungry RC.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:22 am 
Site Admin

I took Saturday off and did about 8 sets of power cleans and presses today and that was it.

I did a few warm-up lateral raises but opted not to do another power exercise after power cleans and presses. I was just a little tired and a bit worn out. Pretty high stress these days too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:02 am 
Site Admin

I trained biceps with a little bit of triceps today. It was mostly a day of bicep curls with dumbbells, and EZ curl bar. Alternating curls, hammer curls and then the two arm curls with the bar.

Then 5 sets of dips before leaving. Short workout, now back to work on other projects.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 84  Next