Cubby's fitness blog

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Fallen_Horse
Elephant

Re: Cubby's fitness blog

#76 Postby Fallen_Horse » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:31 am

Mind if I ask your weight/height? With the weight you are pulling around, and how clean your diet is, I am going to assume you are a beast?
Learning how to be compassionate, gain wisdom, and love life.

xjohanx
Elephant

#77 Postby xjohanx » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:23 am

cubby posted a pic of himself in the "your shape today"-thread which might give you an idea before he actually answers and he posted his diet in the intermittent fasting thread. It's clean.
cubby2112 wrote:When someone says you don't train "functionally," you should just punch them in the face. Ask them how "functional" of a movement that was.

cubby2112
Elephant

#78 Postby cubby2112 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:09 am

Yep, my diet is definitely clean. Probably too clean. Damned fiber. :D

I weight 175, maybe even 179, not sure, because I am up from 170 due to going back on creatine a few weeks ago. I am 5'10''.

I actually just took a new photo for "Your Shape Today" and will be posting it shortly. :D
Cubby's Fitness Log

The metric system is socialized measurment. If you implement it it will only be a matter of time before your grandma will stand in front of a death panel being forced to deny the existance of baby Jesus.

-offense74

cubby2112
Elephant

#79 Postby cubby2112 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:10 pm

So, I am going to start on this tomorrow:

Week 1
Monday: Sumo Deadlift 3x3, 3x1; RDL 2x7; Straight Leg Calf Raise 2x7
Tuesday: Bench 3x3, 2x1; Military 3x3, 2x1; Dips 4x3
Wednesday: Chins 3x5, 2x1; BB Bent Over Rows 3x5; Pull-ups 3x5
Thursday: Speed Squats 4x2; Straight Leg Calf Raise 4x3
Friday: Off
Saturday: Speed Bench 4x2; Speed Chins 4x2; Upright Rows 2x7
Sunday: Off

Week 2
Monday: Speed Deficit Sumo Deadlift 4x2; RDL 2x7; Straight Leg Calf Raise 2x7
Tuesday: Bench 3x5, 2x1; Military 3x5, 2x1; Dips 3x5
Wednesday: Chins 3x3, 2x1; BB Bent Over Rows 4x3; Pull-ups 4x3
Thursday: Squats 3x3, 3x1; Straight Leg Calf Press 3x5
Friday: Off
Saturday: Speed Bench 4x2; Speed Chins 4x2; Upright Rows 2x7
Sunday: Off

I will probably change something about it before I begin on it, and something else partway through. I have been reading my NSCA-CSCS textbook, Westside and Hatfield articles the past week or so. Since, according to Hatfield (Dr. Squat), I am primarily an "easy gainer" due to my low work capacity, but fairly strong 1RMs, this program should work beautifully. I think. I will find out, anyway.

I am going to attempt a 405 1RM on sumo deadlift tomorrow. I've been striving for that over the past few months, so I really hope I nail it. If not, I am sure I will nail it after one cycle of this.
Cubby's Fitness Log

The metric system is socialized measurment. If you implement it it will only be a matter of time before your grandma will stand in front of a death panel being forced to deny the existance of baby Jesus.

-offense74

robert
Site Admin

#80 Postby robert » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:54 pm

Happy Birthday Jacob!

Have a GREAT one!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

xjohanx
Elephant

#81 Postby xjohanx » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:28 am

YO HAPPY B-DAY!!!!
cubby2112 wrote:When someone says you don't train "functionally," you should just punch them in the face. Ask them how "functional" of a movement that was.

cubby2112
Elephant

#82 Postby cubby2112 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:12 pm

Thanks. I did nothing to celebrate. :D
Cubby's Fitness Log

-offense74

Vegan Joe
Stegosaurus

#83 Postby Vegan Joe » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:56 pm

Happiness is a personal choice!
I am the sole source of all my sadness and joy.

"The logic of worldly success rests on a
fallacy: the strange error that our perfection
depends on the thoughts and
opinions and applause of other men."
Source: Thomas Merton

cubby2112
Elephant

#84 Postby cubby2112 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:30 pm

Thanks for the birthday wish :D That is a crazy video, haha.

I haven't updated this in a long time with my training. Basically, I have been running a 10x3 program, very basic, three days a week and with very few lifts. I have been deloading this week and will start a Doggcrapp blast on Monday. I am rather nervous about the widowmaker squats, but they should be a lot of fun.
Cubby's Fitness Log

-offense74

xjohanx
Elephant

#85 Postby xjohanx » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:04 pm

I've missed you around the forums dude!
You still doing IF? How's school going? You good? Tell me something! :D

cubby2112
Elephant

#86 Postby cubby2112 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:26 am

xjohanx wrote:I've missed you around the forums dude!
You still doing IF? How's school going? You good? Tell me something! :D

I moved back home and only have internet at work (as a personal trainer) right now, so I haven't been bumping around the interenet as much. Yep, still on IF. I finished with personal training school and just started a master's program in exercise science, with a sports performance focus. I am doing pretty well right now, but I am a shit salesman, so I only have one client to train so far, and I am on pure commission right now, so I only get paid when I train. I will learn to sell soon enough, I suppose. Other than that, I am doing great.

How are things with you? Doing well with IF?
Cubby's Fitness Log

-offense74

xjohanx
Elephant

#87 Postby xjohanx » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:02 am

The masters program sounds awesome and you'll get the sales bit pretty soon I bet :D
Yeah IF is working great for me even though training is going a bit slow lately.

cubby2112
Elephant

#88 Postby cubby2112 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:06 pm

About time to update this. I am running a variation on Iron Addict's Simple Power-Based Routine (SPBR). I don't like exercising my upper back along with legs, leaving chest, shoulders and tris on a day all their own.

Everything is submaximal except the Max Effort (ME) top set

Upper 1
ME triple of dips, reduce weight 5% for a 2x4 or so
ME triple for chins, same protocol as dips
5x5-8 dips
5x5-8 DB bench rows
3x5-8 military

Lower 1
ME Deadlift triple, same protocol, maybe one less set
Leg press 2-3x5-8
ME Calf press triple, 2x4 or so
3x5-8 abs
Grip and static core work

Upper 2
ME bench triple, 2x4 or so
ME pull-up triple, 2x4 or so
5x5-8 incline DB bench
5x5-8 supinated grip chest-supported DB rows
3x5-8 upright rows

Lower 2
ME Pin paused squat triple, 2x4
Glute-ham raise 3x5-8
ME calf raise triple, 2x4
3x5-8 abs
Grip and static core work

The ME calf presses may seem weird, but I've found the best calf growth from going extremely heavy with them. Also, I get plenty of volume and TUT from walking and running, since I wear Vibram Five Fingers and use a toe-heel gait pattern, which gives me plenty of eccentric loading.

Since changing to a lower volume of work (I only work out three days per week, rotating between these workouts), I have felt a lot more aggressive at all times, and much more excited about my workouts. I didn't think I could enjoy deadlifting more than I used to, but I do. Deadlift day is today, and I am psyched. I think the lower levels of stress I am placing on my body have allowed my testosterone levels to increase or something.
Cubby's Fitness Log

-offense74

MaryStella
Stegosaurus

#89 Postby MaryStella » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:30 pm

glad to see you back on here. I got calcaneus bursitus from running in my five fingers so im going to give inov8s a try. Hope you get some more clients!

cubby2112
Elephant

#90 Postby cubby2112 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:40 am

MaryStella wrote:glad to see you back on here. I got calcaneus bursitus from running in my five fingers so im going to give inov8s a try. Hope you get some more clients!

Thank you.

Were you running heel-toe or toe-heel with them? I wear them at all times, and always use a toe-heel strike, even when just walking around.
Cubby's Fitness Log

-offense74

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”