Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hayley's (aka hsorlando) adventures in Orlando
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:32 pm 
Elephant

No party tonight because not enough people could make it. :cry:
It'll be next Sunday instead, I hope I can get a ride.

Not too much to tell, been hanging out a bit with Robert while he's in the area. Training, eating, and training and eating. :lol: I will admit that Robert lives a busy life! It's all I can do to keep up for a few days, and he does this all the time! It's crazy, insane and so much fun hanging out with RC! And I mean that in the nicest way possible.I can't even imagine what Vegan Vacation 2009 will be like. :P I can't wait!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:44 pm 
Elephant

I live a dull life! :shock:
Anyway the most exciting fun thing right now are my Wednesday nights. Drunken Monkey's owner likes Lost so they show it there on their big tv. So after my mom gets off work we go out to dinner, which will most likely be at Etho's, then after that head over to Drunken Monkey and catch the last part of their improv comedy before Lost. This will also probably be my dessert night too. :lol: We could always watch the show at the apartment but I hate doing that because there are always interruptions, and my mom never actually gets to watch the show. And Lost is one show that's not easily explained. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:41 pm 
Site Admin

How are things?

Any new adventures in Orlando?

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:08 pm 
Elephant

Nope! You must be bored tonight, huh! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:44 am 
Elephant

Well I'm at least "trying" to socialize more. :lol:
I've had a busy weekend so far. On Friday evening I babysat for a friend at work. It's more house sitting really, because the kids are older. Anyway that gave me some extra cash which always helps. And no,this was not me socializing. :lol:
On Saturday the tri club was getting together to celebrate a birthday for one of the coaches. I have an extra copy of the Thrive book, that I think he'd find quite interesting.He's always talking about nutrition to people. On another note, I was spared from having to go to the all you can eat sushi place that everyone was meeting at. I was told they would also be going Downtown to a wine bar near the lake. Well this weekend there's this art/craft festival at the lake, so it was quite packed. Anyway I finally found the bar, but no one ever showd up that I recognised. I was just there to visit, not drink, so I was standing around for a while. Oh well at least I tried.
And tonight after work there's a baby shower for one of my co-workers. I didn't even know about it until Friday when someone I was working with casually mentioned it. I guess the person sending emails didn't have mine.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:07 pm 
Elephant

Yesterday got back from my trip up North for my cousins wedding. The whole four days went quite well, a lot better than expected since i was with family. :lol:
On Friday the friend that was supposed to take us to the airport at 4am bailed, so my brother took us instead. We arrived at the Philadelphia international airport around 9am. We were kept pretty busy from the time we got there until we left.
Between meeting all of the bridal party, and going to different events before the wedding it was a busy 4 days. My brother was quite a hit at the rehearsal dinner when he donned the wedding veil. I also got some time to visit my grandmother and my aunts. The wedding went off without a hitch, and was actually quite beautiful. But I think I'll elope if I ever get married. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:21 pm 
Elephant

Things are going well. This is why.
* Last week I managed almost 5 continuous minutes of squatting with 50 lbs on a barbell.
This had to be at the top of my list!
* At work I am still getting enough hours, always a plus!
* Even with the hectic schedule, i am still getting in really good workouts
* I am not gaining weight, I am losing, a little bit at least
* Living in a place near work, temporarily, and not near my brother! :lol: Don't get me wrong, i love my family, but I don't want to live with them anymore
* Someone wants to buy me a bike, which is so nice
Anyway the only minus right now is that I can't go to the AR convention in LA. I will in fact be dogsitting/housesitting for that week. So at least I will have two very lovable doggies to cheer me up.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:39 am 
Elephant

Wow! No updates in this since the end of June, I really do live a dull life. Hopefully that's all about to change though. I've recently been getting more involved with an animal rights group. One of the members at my gym is a vegan, and is being quite adamant about my getting involved, lol. So last Sunday I went to an animal sanctuary in Ocala, Florida. I met some pigs, cows, sheep, goats, dogs, cats, horses, donkeys, chickens, roosters, turkeys, and probably some other animals I'm currently forgetting. It was smelly, rofl! I can't help it, I have a good nose! Anyway the animals were great, as all animals are, and the people that owned Kindred Spirits Animal Sanctuary were very nice, they even made us a vegan cake. Anyway there wasn't too much that they needed help with. Most of us just walked around the pig areas, and picked up trash, anything that wasn't natural. Most of it was from when people fed the animals and plastic or paper might fall to the ground. Some of us are planning on going back to volunteer for real. This will probably be in a month or two when the weather is a bit cooler.

I also joined a book club that some people that I know are a part of. We met Sunday night, talked about a book for five minutes, then talked,debated politics for 55 minutes.

This week I also had it with my long hair and got it cut really short. It looks quite nice, but also in a way is quite extreme for me. It definietly makes me look different, and everyone at my gym noticed! I'm very happy with this new style, which is a first for me, usually I hate short hair on myself. I think perhaps it was a shock to people as I don't ever act out of the ordinary, and this was quite a drastic change. I can't really explain the cut, it's short, and kind of spiky. I've never used hair poducts like gels, and sprays before, but now I need to find some animal friendly products. I also need to call the stylist and have her tell me again what I need to do to get the desired look.

Post subject: Re: Hayley's adventures in O-town
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:48 pm 
Elephant

Some interesting stuff is going on where I work. We are having a new competion of sorts. It is following along with a central Florida event where two teams of people compete against each other to lose the most weight, and get more healthy. KIind of like the Biggest Loser show. I was watching an hour program last night on tv and the first person they talked about was put on a vegan diet. I thought this was quite interesting, but then I remembered that Florida Hospital was started by Seventh day Adventists that are generally vegetarians. Anyway this program is nice because it may actually end up benefiting people. Its also good because it is going on during the holiday season. I will be in charge of 2 teams, but I'm really just there for maral support, and to answer any questions people may have. The program has already been planned, all people need to do is follow it to the best of their ability. Each week has a theme, it'll be interesting to hear what they have to say about nutrition. Besides this there isn't much going on. I am almost done an article for my next assignment in my writing course. It is on being vegan, fit and healthy. Anyway I'm not actually submitting it to a magazine I'm just sending the first part in for my assignment, then my next assignment I will finish the article, and send that part in. I don't usually write nonfiction, but I couldn't help myself this time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:44 pm 
Site Admin

Hey!

I'll miss VegFest this year but you should go and check it out....but I'll be coming to O-town on vacation in Feb...don't know dates yet, but I'll be in touch.

Have fun!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:29 am 
Elephant

8) !
I'm volunteering to help set up in the morning, and then I'll just hang around for a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:52 pm 
Elephant

Not doing that much today even though it's my birthday. but I did find out something kind of cool! Tonight there's going to be a meteor shower from Halley's Comet this only happens every 75 years. So I'll be waking up early for work and watching some of it. One news source said there would be over 60 meteors an hour. Other than this I'm just going out to Etho's and I don't have to pay!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:36 pm 
Stegosaurus

Happy Birthday Hayley :)

What's the best time to watch the shower?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:13 pm 
Elephant

It was too cloudy to see anything. The news said it was supposed to be from 1-5am. So I woke up at 3am, looked out the window at the sky for about 15 minutes but all I could see were clouds. Just because I couldn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen though! :) I'm sure somewhere in the world someone had a good view of the meteor shower, and maybe they some pics of it too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:09 pm 
Elephant

Ok since October 2009 what have I been doing outside of the gym? Not that anyone really cares, but this is my blog so I can blog all I want to!

Been to an animal sanctuary in Ocala, Florida 3 times. The couple that runs it is super nice, and not just to their rescued animals.

The holiday season was a blur. I was busy working, and trying to find a house or condo to buy. Still working on that deal, but hoping that a short sale that I really like goes through and I get it.

The house that I was house sitting for just had their estate sale, so now I won't be staying there anymore. So that means more commuting back and forth from Winter Park, and I won't be riding my bike that far at 4 am! Not much else to say, everything else in my life has to do with the gym, and being vegan. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next