Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jason's getting big log
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:38 pm 
Gorilla

Today did arms. Felt good doing 'em, too.

incline press
5x8 @110lbs
5x12 curls at 50 lbs
overhead press 2 30lb dumbbells 5x8 (felt really good after the first two sets)
inverted rows 5x10
tri pullovers 5x10 @ 40lbs
assisted chins 5x5 @ 70lbs
weighted crunches 5x12 @ 25lbs
back extensions 5x10 @ 45 lbs

think that's it. I wish my arms would stay puffy after the workout for longer than a half hour. bigger arms are better arms.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:51 pm 
Stegosaurus

Cool!

Happiness is a personal choice!
I am the sole source of all my sadness and joy.

"The logic of worldly success rests on a
fallacy: the strange error that our perfection
depends on the thoughts and
opinions and applause of other men."
Source: Thomas Merton

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:34 pm 
Gorilla

fighting a cold today. didn't go to the gym. If I'm not sick I'll go tomorrow.

At any rate, went bouldering for a bit indoors today. I'm not strong enough to make it a crazy workout, but I have fun with it). tomorrow i'll probably go to the vertical wall gym for an hour or two. that's good times.

leg day tomorrow as well. not excited. I've been feeling strong, but getting awful sore after I go do squats.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:04 pm 
Gorilla

Ok, back at it. Too yesterday off because I was busy sleeping quite literally, all day. It was awesome, and I feel great now!

Today I went to the gym after work

squats (deeper than parallel)
135 x5
175 2x8 1x6 got stalled out
155 2x8
135 1x10 ALL the way down.

Calves
3x30 @ 6 plates plus 118lb contraption (from here out to be implied without saying)

leg presses
3x10 @ 6 plates
1x5 @ 8 plates
1x2 @ 10 plates (not to parallel, this was a bit of a coworker challenge. just seeing what I can handle.)

Deadlifts
4x10 @ 135lbs
1x10 @ 155lbs (upgrade!)

Bench
3x8 @ 115lbs (just for fun. I think flat benches are easier than incline benches. your opinion?)

then I came home. YAY!

good times.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:04 am 
Gorilla

wednesday I did arms/core.

3x8 incline press @ 115 lbs
3x8 flat bench 115 lbs
2x8 overhead press @ 70lbs ( i tried...)
3x10 overhead press @ 60lbs
5x8 curls @ 60lbs
5x12 tri pullovers @
weighted crunches 5x12 @ 25lbs
back extensions 5x12 @ 45lbs

think that's it. then i went rock climbing that night. bad idea. sore.

legs today in milwaukee before my 2 day tattoo session (that's a terrible idea, right? lifting before tattoo? i'm hoping i fall asleep)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:21 pm 
Gorilla

Yesterday am I did. Strange circuit training thing at Neutral Ground in milwaukee. Owner is vegan and into MMA. Place is rad. Look it up if you're ever in mke.
Did some warm up stuff and then did a cicuit of 5 of each squats, kettle bell clean and presses, one legged squats and inverted rows.

It was fun, but didn't feel as brutal as my usual gym day (for better or worse). Tyler did advice on my squat form (knees out, which made everything harder!). Then I went to tattoo shop and am currently sitting for my 14th hour in two days...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:47 pm 
Gorilla

I went to the gym again!
Incline press 105lbs 5x8 (coulda done more, but I hadn't worked arms in a week. better safe than sorry)
Overhead press 70 lbs 5x8 (upgrade!)
Tri extensions 45lbs 5x8 (upgrade!)
bicep curls 60lbs 5x8

that might be it, the gym was strangely crowded, and I still don't have range of motion/want to touch things with my leg. Should go tomorrow, but not sure what to do (exercise-wise) thinking might only do arms until leg is healed (or at least done peeling. I REALLY don't want to fuck it up!)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:20 pm 
Gorilla

Yesterday I did more legs.

Started with squats. 155lbs 5x8 focusing on keeping knees out and exploding up. started and finished with 10 reps at 135 lbs

deadlifts 5x8 @ 155lbs.
more curls (I have tiny arms...) 60 lbs 5x8
leg press 3x10 calves 3x30 @ 6 plates
Bench 5x8 @ 115lbs
clean and press. 5x8 focusing on quick movements 65lbs.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:56 pm 
Gorilla

Went to gym yesterday. Changing up my routine again. mostly because I'm nervous about rugby season being right around the corner, so I'm cutting almost all of the isolation stuff.

gonna go back to 5x5's. every other day same routine. add 5lbs every week.

squats, deads, clean/press, flat bench. Then curls and tri extensions (because my arms are tiny and I want to change that). Curls every time and tri's when I have time to fit them in. I try to be out in an hour fifteen max.

Yesterday

squats 185lbs focusing on getting low and keeping knees out.
flat bench 115lbs for one set then 120lbs for the other 4 sets
clean and press 70lbs
deadlifts 155lbs
curls 60lbs. will go up to 70 on monday

This is way more fun that what I'd been doing, albeit significantly harder. I'm super into it though. We'll see how it goes. It'll be real hard. I want that. Captains practices start in a week and a half, then regular practices start on St Paddy's day. Then the running will start. About time. Just not motivated enough to go kill myself alone yet.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:24 pm 
Gorilla

deadlifts @ 155lbs still. my grip is giving out on the double overhand. that sucks. it's still WAY too light for that to be happening. (correction. slipping. not failing. haven't dropped it, and haven't had to cut a rep short)
squats at 185. damn that feels heavy.
bench at 120
tri extensions at 50lbs
curls at 70lbs (again, damn that feels heavy)
clean and press. 70lbs (3 of the 5 times I added 5 standing military presses on the last rep of the clean/press. does that mean i'm not using enough weight?)
in and out in an hour flat. total win.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:11 am 
Elephant

Jason X wrote:
deadlifts @ 155lbs still. my grip is giving out on the double overhand. that sucks. it's still WAY too light for that to be happening. (correction. slipping. not failing. haven't dropped it, and haven't had to cut a rep short)

Does your gym let you use chalk?

Nice work on squats man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:45 pm 
Gorilla

chewy, no chalk, but one of the bouldering caves I go to doesn't allow powder chalk either. They sell a liquid chalk, but it seems silly to use for 75 reps a week..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:56 pm 
Gorilla

gym again today. same as last time. Squatting 185 hurts my right inside thigh, nearing groin. not sure about all that. at least it doesn't hurt in my hip flexor anymore. got that one worked out. Not bad enough to stop me, though.

I need to go back to 60lbs on my curls. the 70lbs is all I can do with terrible form. but the 60's aren't enough. stupid 10lb increments. Maybe start using dumbells. Thoughts on this dilemma anyone?

At any rate, first rugby practice in 2 hours...Color me excited. really excited. It's all running today though. I hope to be last man standing. we'll see. psyched.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:18 pm 
Gorilla

same again today. nothing noteworthy, except I started adding a shrug per rep at the top of my deadlifts. seems like it cant hurt.

terrified of going to 190 on my squats on monday. I'll try it and well see what happens. Its only 5 pounds, right? :wink:

rugby practice the other night was just an hour of running back and forth, and getting off the ground in a big hurry. it was awesome. cardio! still fit, and thrilled about it.

also, have meeting with gym owner again to check body comp and go over routine...we'll see what he has to say about it, but frankly, i like what i'm doing.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:38 pm 
Gorilla

ugh. today was hard. but it was my own fault. I went to rugby practice, which was hard, but tolerable, then I went for a jog for an hour. Little did I know that was going to turn into a 5 mile jog. I haven't ran since last semester. my calves hurt real good and I get to lift tomorrow.

YAY ME!. I'm happy to know I can run that far untrained though. we'll see how i feel tomorrow.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next