Malckiera's umpteenth log

Went for another 3 mile run yesterday, on my own. Was feeling a bit ratty (don't get me started on Manchester City Council - they're useless!) so needed a bit of time on my own with some banging hardcore techno in my ears. Running to techno is the best way for me to get rid of anger it seems! Not really timed it but I'm sure I'm getting closer to 3 miles in 30 minutes, at least I don't need to walk anymore at any point - which is def progress!

Taking the guys out to somewhere nice today, although I can't make up my mind where to That'll be a day of walking, and then try and fit a lower body workout in either tnight or tomorrow morning. Love being back into exercising!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops! A whole week of exercising and nothing logged

31/1

10 mins warm up rowing machine

2x10 Bench bar + 5 kgs

1,1x10 Chins + 41, 45 kgs - don't seem to be making any progress with those

2x10 mil press @ 10 kgs BB

2x10 rotator cuffs @ 1 kgs DB

2x10 decline sit ups + 2.5 kgs plate

2x workout at home:

1 min plank/30 secs superman/1x10 rotator cuff - 2 sets of.

Pretty pleased that I actually motivated myself to do at least something at home. Had a really busy, really horrid week and I just couldn't bring myself to go to the gym and do a full workout.

5/2

5 min warm up rower

1,2x8 Squats @ Bar + 15, 20 kgs - slow progress there, but it felt fine!

1,2x8 Lat pull down @ 25, 27.3 kgs (the little weight that you can add weighs 5 lbs)

3x8 Seated row @ 25 kgs

1,1,1x8 calf raise @ 45, 52,59 kgs

3x8 chins @ 45 kgs

3x8 obliques @ 8 kgs

2x10 decline sit ups + 2.5 kgs plate.

Order of exercises appears a bit random, but it was heaving so I just grabbed whatever was available.

So switched to a 3x8 routine, will see what that does. Also figured that it might pay off to look at my training log before I start a workout

7/2

3 miles in 30 minutes!!! It might be that I'm now moving towards doing a 10 minute mile, at least for 3 miles, on a regular basis. Will have to start increasing distance again soon

Yay, nice one lobsterrific! I couldn't do it after having swum and cycled first tho - I'm by no means triathlon-fit

Okay, slightly new routine, I'm still faffing about till I find something that I feel totally happy with. Order of exercises was completely upside down, the place might be open 24/7, but that doesn't stop everyone wanting to workout between 4-7 tho!

Any case, today was:

6 minutes warm up, rower. Was gonna do 10 but got bored.

3x8 DL (! first in 3 years or so!), Bar + 20 kgs

1x6 Mil Press @ 15 kgs - failed

2x8 Mil Press @ 10 kgs - good form

3x8 upright row @ 10 kgs

3x8 DB flyes @ 5 kgs DB's - no chance of grabbing the squat cage at that time, as well as a bench, so did these instead

3x8 decline sit-ups + 5 kgs plate b- improvement!

1 min plank/ 1x10 rotator cuff/ 30secs superman - 2 sets of.

Was suitably knackered after that, but quite enjoyed it. Will enjoy it more when it's quieter tho and I can actually grab hold of the cage and a bench!

2+ mile run with Sparky - not entirely sure how long it was exactly, but we were away for about half an hour and we had to slow down/stop a few times. There aren't any really quiet places to run where we live (unless we go there first by car), so today was another city run. Sparky is getting better at listening to me while all sorts of "scary" people and sounds are surrounding him, but still it is a rather unnerving experience for the little man at times, bless him. He's had his dinner and has taken himself off to bed to recover from the adventure.

Kiera, meanwhile, is patiently waiting until it is time for us to go to agility - more short distance sprinting for me!

Morning! I had such a nice dream last night: I was talking to this really nice guy from work and all of a sudden I jumped up and started doing chins from the top of the door frame, just hanging by my finger tips! Was gutted to wake up and find that it was only a dream, mind

Anyway, went to the gym, looked at the weights and decided that I was going to up them and see what would happen:

10 mins warm up on rower

1,2x8 squats, Bar + 20, 25kgs (!! woohoo, happy with that! )

3x8 calf press @ 59 kgs

1,2x8 lat pulldown @ 27.3, 25kgs - wasn't happy with form during that first set so brought down again

3x8 seated row @ 25kgs

1,2x8 chins @ 45, 41 kgs - def inspired by last night's dream!

3x8 obliques @ 8kgs

2x1 min plank/30 secs superman

2x10 rotator cuff @ 1 kgs