3x10

4th set I did until failure, 5 reps

back down to 10lbs each side and did 10 reps

one arm tri extension

8lbs 5x12

two arm tri extension

20lbs 5x12

20 minutes of jump rope

I had so much fun today. Probably my favorite exercises to do are these. I feel my push-up and dumbbell press strength is eons ahead of dumbbell fly strength. My dumbbell presses are being done more explosive now too, let's see how it goes. I feel great.

chest superset

8lbs 15 reps dumbbell fly then 15 reps dumbbell press (x5)

dumbbell fly

15lbs 5x12

dumbbell press

15lbs 2x12

20lbs 3x10

iron gym wide push-up

5x12

iron gym narrow push-up

5x10

neutral pull up

3x5

Today was a shoulder day, arguably one of my favorite days.

5min of jumprope

pushups

shoulder super set: lateral raises, front raises

8lbs in each hand, 5x10 lats, 5x10 front

shoulder press

15lbs each hand. 5x10

pendulum bent over rows

8lbs each hand, 3x12. These are always tough for me

Shoulder shrugs

15lbs each hand, 2x12

20lbs each hand, 1x10 then, 1x15 I lost track that set and finished with one more set of 10 to be safe.

Upright rows

16lbs, 1x15

20lbs, 2x12

30lbs, 2x12

my quads and hammies are a little tired from my squats yesterday so I'll jump rope for cardio next time. I want my legs to recover properly.

5 min jump rope warm up

bicep curls 8lbs

3 sets of 15

bicep curls with bar. 10lbs each side

2 sets of 12

bicep curls with bar. 15lbs each side

2 sets of 10, failed at 8 on the 3rd set

hammer curl bar. 10lbs each side

2 sets of 10

hammer curl bar. 15lbs each side

2 reps of 10, I failed at 9 on the 3rd set

one arm tricep extension. 8lbs

5 sets of 12 each arm

2 handed tricep extension. 2 10lb plates

5 sets of 12

New hope has been instilled in me after this weekend. I went to a fitness and nutrition specialty store on Market Street in San Francisco this weekend and chatted with the fella working that day. Gave me a few tips that should help me grow. Drink 2 shakes a day rather than one and eat an extra cup of almonds a day.

I am injured, I feel my right shoulder blade is sore and hurts when I do a pull up or push up. I hope I recover fast

chest superset

8lbs 15 reps dumbbell fly then 15 reps dumbbell press, x3 total

dumbbell fly

15lbs 5x12

dumbbell press

15lbs 2x12

20lbs 3x10

iron gym wide push-up

5x12

no narrow push ups today

neutral pull up

4x5

pull ups are getting easier, I am exiting

my shoulder blade is still bothering me even when I was on the ground doing my different ab exercises. Today I was also wondering who the successful vegan body builders are that do not drink any protein powders. I want to read what they do because if I decide to put down the shakes I want to know what to do so my body doesn't change for the worse.

I went on a 30 minute or so ride on my fixie today. I guess I did cardio first today

basic crunches with 8 added lbs

3x25

oblique crunches

3x20 each side

leg lifts

3x15

I felt my shoulder blade a little when I was doing reverse crunches so I only did one set to be extra safe and my abs were a little fatigued from all the movements before.

1x15

side crunches

3x25 each side

Have you considered using heavier weights? If you can do 5 sets of 12 pec flys at 15lbs, you could certainly be pressing far higher than that. If you don't push your limits with higher weight, you won't improve nearly as quickly as you could.

Have you considered using heavier weights? If you can do 5 sets of 12 pec flys at 15lbs, you could certainly be pressing far higher than that. If you don't push your limits with higher weight, you won't improve nearly as quickly as you could.

I wasn't able to do that many before and I do plan on anteing up this next chest day. I just didn't want to hurt myself

I think it's good to be cautious, but at your current weight, you seem to be doing an incredibly high number of reps - this suggests to me that your body could handle going up significantly in weight. Many people recommend aiming for 2 or 3 sets of 8-10 reps...right now, you would be able to jump up a lot in weight and still do that many reps. Weightlifting is a like a challenge to the body - the greater the challenge (i.e. struggling to get that 8th rep), the more the body will rise to that challenge by growing and strengthening.

I think you're showing a lot of discipline by working out (and documenting it) as much as you do. I hope I don't sound like I'm criticizing - I'm just trying to make a suggestion that I think could help turn your hard work into faster results

My shoulder blade is on it's final stage of recovery, I did two uninhibited push-ups which is a good sign. But I did arms today because I was feeling like a moody cry-baby

5min of steep treadmill job

bicep curls

8lbs in each hand 3x12

w/bar 10lbs on each side 2x12

15lbs on each side 1x10 then 1x8

hammer curls

10lbs on each side 2x10

15lbs 1x10

one arm tricep extension

8lbs 5x12

pendulum tri-kickbacks

8lbs 3x12

my workout was cute

decided to add variety and lower sets.

EDIT: I've also decided to shorten my breaks, woot

5min of jump rope

8lb crunches

2x20

legs elevated crunches

1x20, 1x15

oblique crunches

2x15 each side

leg raises

2x15

reverse crunches

2x15

push-throughs

2x20

side crunches

2x25

cute.

my shoulder blade isn't 100% yet, I can't wait to do some chest and shoulder stuff again. That's where I need most work

what's good vegans, I am back in business. My shoulder blade that was injured on the 29th of January is feeling as good as new. Today I did rad arm stuff but a little differently than I used to do it. Nobody likes to be bored during a workout.

warm up with 5 minutes of jump rope and 3x12 8lb curls

bicep curl bar

1x10 10lbs each side

1x10 15lbs each side, 1x9, 1x8

I am going heavier sooner now in addition to shortening my breaks between sets to 20sec

hammer curls 15lbs

I did the best I could

1x10, 1x9, 1x8

I then went down to 8lbs in each hand to pump my biceps and make sure they didn't cease up.

one arm tricep extention 8lbs, 5x12

pendulum tricep kickbacks 8lbs, 2x12 I failed on the third set and only got 11 reps in

Tomorrow is chest day and I am very exited for it. I haven't been able to do a pushup in about a month. See you all tomorrow

5 minutes of jump rope to warm up and a few stretches and movements to make sure my chest was nice and limber. Today I felt a very small disturbance in my shoulder blade so I held back on chest once again to make sure my shoulder blade recovers to 100%

this is frustrating.

8lb crunches, 2x20

legs elevated crunches. 1x20, 1x15

oblique crunches 2x15 each side

leg raises 2x15

reverse crunches 2x15

push-throughs 2x20

side crunches 1x25

First chest day in a long while. I had fun and all I wanted to do was frantically do as many push ups as possible but I knew better and took it a little easy to see what I'm made off and to ease myself back into what I was doing. I just got on the floor with the iron gym.

5min of jump rope to warm up

wide grip iron gym pushups, 3 sets 1x20, 1x15, 1x14

narrower iron gym pushups 1 set of 15. still a little cautious from my injured shoulder blade. I feel fine though

pull ups 4x5

cute.

I did the same as two days ago because I am still exited about my shoulder being healed and getting back on track with chest workouts.

wide push ups with correct form, 1x20, 1x18, 1x15

narrower push ups, 1x15, 1x10. So gnarly, I did some pull-ups as well but I must still be weak from last time. Not many were done but I did the absolute best I could.

Body-weight squats 2x50. I was really tired after I did these so if I don't do cardio later today I'll do it tomorrow.

I put some yet another twist on how I train a rather minute one though. I did dips instead of my other tricep stuff. I am treating them like pushups just doing as many as I can.

10minute run and some stretching, light stuff to make sure I was limber

bicep curl bar

1x10 10lbs each side

15lbs each side, 3x10 1x9

hammer curls

15lbs with the same bar, 3x10

I did 5 sets of dips to failure.

25 minute run afterward.