Cheapest protein powder by far!

Daywalker

Hi friends.

I never used vegan protein powders because

- they are far too expensive in my opinion,

- i didn't really want to add isolated soy protein to my diet, which has enough soy products for my liking, and other protein powders are very hard to find here in Germany.

But, i love drinking a great shake now and then.

Yesterday i found a product with this nutrition info:

Per 100g:

Protein: 50g

Fat: 7.5g

Carbs: 15g, of which sugars: 7g

Fibre: 16g

A 500g box costs only 2,45 Euro!!! That's ~3$!

What it is i hear you ask - it's soy flour, partially skimmed ("Soja-fettarm" von HENSEL. For the Germans, here it is:

http://www.schoenenberger.com/katalog_01_detail.php?page_id=47&pageID=4&id=64&category_id=36&pid=165

).

Whole soy flour would be around 40g protein and 25g fat, still OK i think.

Now i can have shakes, too, without spending 10 times the money!

Had an awesome shake with it yesterday: soymilk, coconutmilk, cocoa, raw sugar, cinnamon, and this soy flour. Tasted great

Now i'm gonna get HUGE

And when i'm rich, i'll switch to pea protein, hemp protein, Vega and other stuff.

I agree that soy flour is better than soy protein isolate or concentrate. But what's "partially skimmed" soy flour?

It's supposed to mean fat reduced. I know the term from milk, i thought i could use it for soy flour, too...

Whole soy flour is higher in fat and lower in protein and fibre.

Yeah skimming is used for liquids. In food and diet, it's almost entirely used for milk. To skim means to take stuff from the surface of a liquid, in this case, the fat from the surface of milk. Skimming flour wouldn't work out so well.

What does it taste like?? I bet it tastes like dry ass. My protein powder tastes like chocolately ass.

Thanks for the lesson Ninja

Taste? Who cares about taste!?

It's not so bad, though. Tastes like soy, really I didn't have it plain with soymilk only, but i don't think it would be a problem.

When you blend it with anything that gives flavour, it doesn't stand out unpleasant. A little cocoa, cinnamon, berries, sirup, banana...