Wallflower's Journey

Thank you

So, my results...bloodwork and ultrasound were fine, everything (spleen, liver, and gall bladder) are working. So now my doctor is leaning towards something GI. She thinks that with me being sick recently, and having, in theory, lowered immunity (I have MS), could be that my digestive system is just taking a long time to recover from the recent flu bugs I had. I'm now taking probiotics and have to pick up an antacid she recommended. Hopefully that helps, otherwise the testing becomes more invasive...

Good news is I am clear for physical activity! While avoiding anything that makes things worse.

I was hot to go to class Monday, but it's Family Day here in Ontario, so the club is closed. Sometime this week then, I'll be back

Just attempted P90x 'Legs and Back.' It kicked my ass. Tomorrow is my rest day, and next week a fresh start.

Food today;

1/2 c oatmeal with some walnuts and a bit of brown sugar

juice - beet, carrot, celery and lemon

an apple

(preWO) couple of dates

(postWO) handful of pecans and a coconut smoothie (froz young coconut, some lime juice, half a vanilla bean)

Mon Feb 22

45 minutes of easy yoga today; it felt good after the previous week of...inactivity. Still trying to pinpoint what could be setting me off, but things seem to have settled again (for the moment). I've been loosely following a macrobiotic approach to my diet. I seem to recall reading somewhere that it is good for digestion, so why not?

Still having issues with sugar though. But if I do stay away from it for a bit, I start to lose that bottomless tolerance for it, so at least that is a baby step in the right direction.

I hope to make it to class this week as well!

Wed Feb 23

Not too sore today. Tomorrow may be a different story; had my ass handed to me at a 60 minute cardiokickbox at my club. Definitely need to work on my cardio! Also bought some hemp protein powder (chocolate flavour), had it stirred into some soy yogurt for a PW snack. Yummy.

Oh, and I was able to do some ab work during the WO without any major pain!

Lots of opens coming up for me this week at work, which means 5 am starts The *intention* this week will be to get to class 2-3 times, filling in the gaps with some P90x, maybe some yoga or pilates too. All depending on my energy, of course!

Although I haven't kept a record here of my diet (lazy), I've come to realize that I seem to have become sensitive to bread, or gluten. Perhaps the origin of my stomach pain, which has subsided, so long as I continue to avoid eating gluten. A bit of a drag, but with the availability of all the gluten-free flours and products, I can certainly work with that

Thanks Lobsteriffic.

Tues this week - p90x, 'legs and back' - my six year old son has done p90 with me twice now, too cute.

Today (Thursday) - 60 min Krav maga class. I plan to attend class Sunday as well.

Friday - P90x 'Arms and shoulders.' Ow. My reps have all consistently gone up, which makes me happy

Saturday - 60 min Krav Maga class

Mon March 8 - nada

Tues 9 - p90 x 'back and legs' + attempted Ab ripper

Wed 10 - nada

Thurs 11 - Krav class, 60 min

Fri 12 - p90x 'chest, shoulders and triceps'

Food - 1 c sticky rice and corn, steamed rapini w 1 tbsp each flax oil and ume vinegar

gluten-free snack bar

decaf tall soy latte and chocolate cake...it was the last day for someone I work with

smoothie w rice milk and hemp protein (post WO)

Sat 13

Sun 14

Realized today since starting my job at Starbuck's a year ago, I've gained 15 LBS. So the plus side of going gluten free/vegan will be that I won't be eating a lot of the crap that I am surrounded by day in, day out. I need to get serious about journaling what goes in my mouth, though.

• 6 months later...

Wow!! I knew it had been awhile since I posted, but I didn't realize exactly how long it'd been...!

I'm currently using the 'Insanity' program. I both love and hate it! The workouts are really tough, yet I crave them at the same time...I can also feel improvement with each workout, which is an incentive to keep going.

Today is week 3, 'Cardio Power' circuit time. It's my least favourite dvd thus far (@#! power jumps), I never seem to perform as well as I do on the other dvd's.

My approach with Insanity is a bit different - because of my schedule, some days I have a hard time fitting in any sort of WO. So rather than follow the suggested schedule, I'm just doing each dvd in order, then taking a rest day, and repeat. Seems to work for me. Planning my fit test for next week, to see if I've made any improvement thus far.

Fit test today, and I'm a bit underwhelmed. This should be, technically, my 36 day fit test. I took 2 weeks off though about mid month as I was sick. So I consider this my 15 day fit test.

Day 1 > Day 15

SK 46>74

PJ 35>34

PK 70>83

PJ 30>20

GJ 6>7

SJ 9>8

PJ 7>13

LP 30>28

As much as I want to move on to the next level, I think I'd best do another 2 weeks at the 1st month.