My last pic being Vegan...

AVOJAMACADA

I'm not here to argue, just giving my rational as I see it.

It's like a wannabe who doesn't really want to be.

Please don't take this to heart,

I still love you!

We all have a right to an opinion.

Just giving mine.

Consciously eating eggs on a regular basis seems a little outside the box.

Ovo-Vegetarian,

now

Get over it.

No one is condemning you.

1st, I think you mean "rationale," not rational.

2nd, you clearly ARE here to argue, because she already told you that she has put a lot of thought into this opinion and isn't about to change her mind.

3rd, we've already said we don't personally advocate eggs, so the entire premise of your argument is a fallacy.

1st, I think you mean "rationale," not rational.

Jeeze not another spelling Nazi? You do know what I meant don't you? If criticizing my spelling make you feel more intelligence or validates your point then I'm happy for you and your intelligence.

2nd, you clearly ARE here to argue, because she already told you that she has put a lot of thought into this opinion and isn't about to change her mind.

Look, if you give her the right to her opinion, then why aren't you giving me mine?

Don't try to label me.

3rd, we've already said we don't personally advocate eggs, so the entire premise of your argument is a fallacy.

OK lets all say it together:

Ovo-Vegetarian!

Now don't you feel better,

or are you arguing for vegan?

You're becoming defensive.

Some people just LOVE thier rules. I'll give you an example: Where i live, if the little green man isn't flashing at the zebra crossing, people stand and wait. It doesn't matter if there aren't any cars for MILES...they stand and wait because that's what the little red man is telling them to do! So now, they are unable to cross the road for themselves.

It amazes me how and why people act in this way, but putting a list of eating rules to veganism, which in my opinion is more of a philosophy, is stupid. Its like you dont trust people to eat ethically, dont credit them with enough intelligence and therefore make a list of do's and dont's to decide whether to allow someone into your little club. I dont need your stupid list in the same way as I dont need to wait for the green man to tell me when to cross the road. I look, and if there are no cars, I cross.

Don't be the idiot who waits on the curb because you blindly follow rules without using your own judgement.

The biggest destinction between a vegeterian and a vegan is that of philosophy. Vegans are anti-speciesists and vegeterians are not. Veggies think they do have the right to use animals, but not kill them. Vegans are a whole ofher story, as you should know. So, if you are going to use your crappy, anal, labels on individuals, label him a "vegan who eats eggs", not a "ovo-vegeterian", which he clearly isn't. I'm worried about what matters here, and that's speciesism, not some anal list of do's and don'ts.

And the wining continues.

Guess your pig will always be a cow to you.

Have it your way.

Vegans eat eggs, because they can.

Guess I'll see you at the oyster bar soon.

Anal is chickens on the tundra without a cock.

Speciesismm is having your cake and your omelet too.

Have it your way.

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc336/dodgeramit360/BertStare.jpg

Have it your way.

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc336/dodgeramit360/BertStare.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f103/wizboywiz/Ernie.jpg

Strong points from both of u really.

Its kinda funny but you gotta think a hundred years ago the word "vegan" never existed.These labels we use now create such confusion and agnst among us its sad.This creates a huge lack of unity among us IMO.

In general I agree with ruz.Biasedly of course I admitt.

BUT strong point about the fact that its un natural to keep a chickens away from the rooster to create UN fertalized eggs.I knew and am aware of that fully, but in my specifac case I deal with the animal one on one and interact alot so mentally its relives me a lil bit.

I mean all girls need cocks IMO.Wait..wut??

Also it's important to remember your geographical location.Like I say-its minus 40 for months on end here.Every bit of food gets trucked up.What do you think the lettuce is like in mid march?Mangoes are 3 bux EACH.Shit like this makes it tough.

In Panama it's sure as hell alot easier to eat truly vegan IMO.haha

Keeping any animal in captivity or domesticating an animal is not natural. I'm not sure why nature is important, I think what is important is ethics. The word "vegan" does have clear definitions, though I think that it is possible to ethically obtain eggs. In a perfect world, there wouldn't be a need for the term "vegan", since everybody would treat animals with respect, and not harm or kill them etc. But since the world is so fucked up, and the treatment of animals is so unacceptable in the farm industries, that's why the word was invented.

Keeping your own rescued chickens and eating their eggs is not vegan, but I don't see an ethical reason not to do it, so long as you're not breeding the chickens. The only problem that I can think of is the promotion of using animal products as being normal / acceptable. But, that's the beholder's problem, since the situation of having your own rescued chickens is acceptable, it's not abuse or exploitation as far as I am concerned. Though it is not vegan. But that is irrelevant.

Keeping any animal in captivity or domesticating an animal is not natural. I'm not sure why nature is important, I think what is important is ethics. The word "vegan" does have clear definitions, though I think that it is possible to ethically obtain eggs. In a perfect world, there wouldn't be a need for the term "vegan", since everybody would treat animals with respect, and not harm or kill them etc. But since the world is so fucked up, and the treatment of animals is so unacceptable in the farm industries, that's why the word was invented.

Keeping your own rescued chickens and eating their eggs is not vegan, but I don't see an ethical reason not to do it, so long as you're not breeding the chickens. The only problem that I can think of is the promotion of using animal products as being normal / acceptable. But, that's the beholder's problem, since the situation of having your own rescued chickens is acceptable, it's not abuse or exploitation as far as I am concerned. Though it is not vegan. But that is irrelevant.

^Like

Posts like this make me miss you sooooo much around the forums.

Agreed man.

But the only beef I have is the fact that in this part of the world people rely on animals to survive( with me and coupla others as an exception!).Not too far north from me is the eskimos.They live on seal and whale alone.Hard to argue that.Kinda of irrelevent to this but im sure you see my point.Not trying to justify anything or argue.

Its alooot easier when you can run to the supermarket and grab hundreds of vegan items.Not so up here..

Of course I choose to live here for the love of it.

My wife is an Eskimo from just south of the Arctic circle. So I know these things. In some places in the world it's just about impossible to live a vegan lifestyle.

Veganism is not a normal or natural diet, but one derived from a conscious attempt to eliminate suffering as much as possible.

Edited by Vegan Joe

That's what I said, and I dare you to prove me wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
Posts like this make me miss you sooooo much around the forums.

Thanks Things are settling for me now, so I have more time for internets again, hopefully will be more active again!

Obviously, there are some places where you can't possibly be vegan. Not much you can do or say about it, except move if you can, but that's easier said than done.

Keeping any animal in captivity or domesticating..... your own rescued chickens is acceptable, it's not abuse or exploitation as far as I am concerned. Though it is not vegan. But that is irrelevant.

Yeah..but Richard just says it SO much better than you and without all those superior, know it all, holier than thou undertones

Keeping any animal in captivity or domesticating..... your own rescued chickens is acceptable, it's not abuse or exploitation as far as I am concerned. Though it is not vegan. But that is irrelevant.

Yeah..but Richard just says it SO much better than you and without all those superior, know it all, holier than thou undertones

Don't blame me if you don't feel superior or holy during a debate. That's on you, not me.

I was expressing my opinion, I didn't feel superior and I was lording over anyone.

Your problem lies in the fact that my opinion differs from yours, so to validate your opinion over mine you revert to character assassination.

Don't blame me if you don't feel superior or holy during a debate. That's on you, not me.

I was expressing my opinion, I didn't feel superior and I was lording over anyone.

Your problem lies in the fact that my opinion differs from yours, so to validate your opinion over mine you revert to character assassination.

Bull...I dont want to feel superior during a debate thanks XD

Your opinion differs in the same way that Richard's does to mine, all I said was that HE expressed it in a way which didn't get my back up because HE didn't come over all "holier than thou" like you did.

That means that I actually THOUGHT about what he said.

Maybe you could learn a lesson or two from him. Your attitude is the type of attitude responsible for making others hate vegans and close their minds to the vegan message. Richards' attitude is one which will encourage understanding and make people open and receptive to what he says.

I'm not reverting to "character assasination" as this is only one aspect of your personality, but you really don't have much tact or negotiating skills when it comes down to it m8. Richard basically said the same as you, but in way which makes me know i would like him if I ever met him. However, your tone and the way in which you expressed yourself make me suspect that I wouldn't exactly "warm" to you. I hope that you don't go out on protests talking to people with that attitude because I'm sick of trying to undoe the catastrophic effects that "holier than thou" vegans have on spreading the vegan message.

Vegans don't eat egg!

Actually in my personal life how I portray my veganism to other is unknown by you.

But here in this thread I am talking to a person who want to make reality fit her thoughts and feelings. Do you argue for a flat world because it makes you and others feel better?

Go judge Veganluv and her clothing.

Now that you're done judging me here.

Keep hating sweety!

• 1 year later...
Thanks Ellie.

I don't eat eggs either, but I see veganism as "ethical eating" and not a list of what you can and can't eat.

I know many vegans who would shudder at the thought of eating eggs from "pet" chickens, but then purchase many unethically produced foods from the supermarket, which exploit people in the third world, or damage the environment etc

I think people need to think about what veganism means to them.

You don't award someone the title "vegan", that's just more of that "holier than thou" crap which some vegans like to spurt and which makes ALL carnivores HATE vegans and NEVER helped spread our message either!

This guy is living in harmony with his environment and isn't exploiting animals!! He is an ethical eater and so a "vegan" in my book.

I could, afterall, argue that any vegan out there who is a pet owner, is ALSO exploiting animals..I dont see much difference really. Both species receive positive benefits from the relationship.

Some of you need to see the larger picture

i know this is an old thread, but amazing points you have Ruz! I dig them.