Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: My last pic being Vegan...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:37 am 
Mastodon

Vegan Joe wrote:
And the wining continues.
Guess your pig will always be a cow to you.
Have it your way.
Vegans eat eggs, because they can. :lachmal:
Guess I'll see you at the oyster bar soon. :lachmal:
Anal is chickens on the tundra without a cock. :D
Speciesismm is having your cake and your omelet too.

335 Squat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:18 pm 
Stegosaurus

Zack wrote:
Vegan Joe wrote:
And the wining continues.
Guess your pig will always be a cow to you.
Have it your way.
Vegans eat eggs, because they can. :lachmal:
Guess I'll see you at the oyster bar soon. :lachmal:
Anal is chickens on the tundra without a cock. :D
Speciesismm is having your cake and your omelet too.

Happiness is a personal choice!
I am the sole source of all my sadness and joy.

"The logic of worldly success rests on a
fallacy: the strange error that our perfection
depends on the thoughts and
opinions and applause of other men."
Source: Thomas Merton

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:46 am 
Rabbit

Strong points from both of u really.

Its kinda funny but you gotta think a hundred years ago the word "vegan" never existed.These labels we use now create such confusion and agnst among us its sad.This creates a huge lack of unity among us IMO.

In general I agree with ruz.Biasedly of course I admitt.

BUT strong point about the fact that its un natural to keep a chickens away from the rooster to create UN fertalized eggs.I knew and am aware of that fully, but in my specifac case I deal with the animal one on one and interact alot so mentally its relives me a lil bit.

I mean all girls need cocks IMO.Wait..wut??

Also it's important to remember your geographical location.Like I say-its minus 40 for months on end here.Every bit of food gets trucked up.What do you think the lettuce is like in mid march?Mangoes are 3 bux EACH.Shit like this makes it tough.
In Panama it's sure as hell alot easier to eat truly vegan IMO.haha

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:06 pm 
Site Admin

Keeping any animal in captivity or domesticating an animal is not natural. I'm not sure why nature is important, I think what is important is ethics. The word "vegan" does have clear definitions, though I think that it is possible to ethically obtain eggs. In a perfect world, there wouldn't be a need for the term "vegan", since everybody would treat animals with respect, and not harm or kill them etc. But since the world is so fucked up, and the treatment of animals is so unacceptable in the farm industries, that's why the word was invented.

Keeping your own rescued chickens and eating their eggs is not vegan, but I don't see an ethical reason not to do it, so long as you're not breeding the chickens. The only problem that I can think of is the promotion of using animal products as being normal / acceptable. But, that's the beholder's problem, since the situation of having your own rescued chickens is acceptable, it's not abuse or exploitation as far as I am concerned. Though it is not vegan. But that is irrelevant.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:13 pm 
Rabbit

Richard wrote:
Keeping any animal in captivity or domesticating an animal is not natural. I'm not sure why nature is important, I think what is important is ethics. The word "vegan" does have clear definitions, though I think that it is possible to ethically obtain eggs. In a perfect world, there wouldn't be a need for the term "vegan", since everybody would treat animals with respect, and not harm or kill them etc. But since the world is so fucked up, and the treatment of animals is so unacceptable in the farm industries, that's why the word was invented.

Keeping your own rescued chickens and eating their eggs is not vegan, but I don't see an ethical reason not to do it, so long as you're not breeding the chickens. The only problem that I can think of is the promotion of using animal products as being normal / acceptable. But, that's the beholder's problem, since the situation of having your own rescued chickens is acceptable, it's not abuse or exploitation as far as I am concerned. Though it is not vegan. But that is irrelevant.

^Like

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:23 pm 
Elephant

Richard wrote:

Posts like this make me miss you sooooo much around the forums.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:26 pm 
Rabbit

Richard wrote:

Agreed man.

But the only beef I have is the fact that in this part of the world people rely on animals to survive( with me and coupla others as an exception!).Not too far north from me is the eskimos.They live on seal and whale alone.Hard to argue that.Kinda of irrelevent to this but im sure you see my point.Not trying to justify anything or argue.

Its alooot easier when you can run to the supermarket and grab hundreds of vegan items.Not so up here..

Of course I choose to live here for the love of it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:08 pm 
Stegosaurus

My wife is an Eskimo from just south of the Arctic circle. So I know these things. In some places in the world it's just about impossible to live a vegan lifestyle.
Veganism is not a normal or natural diet, but one derived from a conscious attempt to eliminate suffering as much as possible.

Last edited by Vegan Joe on Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:08 pm 
Stegosaurus

Richard wrote:

That's what I said, and I dare you to prove me wrong. :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:37 pm 
Rabbit

to OP - i'd recommend you consider moving to somewhere that isn't the end of the earth. given those weather conditions you're gonna lacking vit d also.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:20 am 
Site Admin

xjohanx wrote:
Posts like this make me miss you sooooo much around the forums.

Thanks :boxer: Things are settling for me now, so I have more time for internets again, hopefully will be more active again!

Obviously, there are some places where you can't possibly be vegan. Not much you can do or say about it, except move if you can, but that's easier said than done.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:58 am 
Manatee

Vegan Joe wrote:
Richard wrote:
Keeping any animal in captivity or domesticating..... your own rescued chickens is acceptable, it's not abuse or exploitation as far as I am concerned. Though it is not vegan. But that is irrelevant.

Yeah..but Richard just says it SO much better than you and without all those superior, know it all, holier than thou undertones :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:57 am 
Rabbit

Ruz wrote:
Vegan Joe wrote:
Richard wrote:
Keeping any animal in captivity or domesticating..... your own rescued chickens is acceptable, it's not abuse or exploitation as far as I am concerned. Though it is not vegan. But that is irrelevant.

Yeah..but Richard just says it SO much better than you and without all those superior, know it all, holier than thou undertones :wink:

:cheers:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:50 am 
Stegosaurus

Don't blame me if you don't feel superior or holy during a debate. That's on you, not me.
I was expressing my opinion, I didn't feel superior and I was lording over anyone.
Your problem lies in the fact that my opinion differs from yours, so to validate your opinion over mine you revert to character assassination.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:36 am 
Manatee

Vegan Joe wrote:
Don't blame me if you don't feel superior or holy during a debate. That's on you, not me.
I was expressing my opinion, I didn't feel superior and I was lording over anyone.
Your problem lies in the fact that my opinion differs from yours, so to validate your opinion over mine you revert to character assassination.

Bull...I dont want to feel superior during a debate thanks XD
Your opinion differs in the same way that Richard's does to mine, all I said was that HE expressed it in a way which didn't get my back up because HE didn't come over all "holier than thou" like you did.
That means that I actually THOUGHT about what he said.
Maybe you could learn a lesson or two from him. Your attitude is the type of attitude responsible for making others hate vegans and close their minds to the vegan message. Richards' attitude is one which will encourage understanding and make people open and receptive to what he says.
I'm not reverting to "character assasination" as this is only one aspect of your personality, but you really don't have much tact or negotiating skills when it comes down to it m8. Richard basically said the same as you, but in way which makes me know i would like him if I ever met him. However, your tone and the way in which you expressed yourself make me suspect that I wouldn't exactly "warm" to you. I hope that you don't go out on protests talking to people with that attitude because I'm sick of trying to undoe the catastrophic effects that "holier than thou" vegans have on spreading the vegan message.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next