Octopussoir's '09-'10 BB'ing Competitions

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

please don't ever give up -- you are such an inspiration and role model to so many of us aspiring vegan bodybuilders/fitness enthusiasts... i know that not having someone physically there to motivate you is tough...but you are AMAZING to all of us on here, and every unregistered guest who comes here looking for examples of vegans in peak physical condition!

keep killin' it man; we're behind you every step of the way!

I couldn't have worded this better! Pictures of you and robert and other guys on this site are what motivated me to start lifting weights and getting my health sorted out. It's changed my life forever! Keep up the good work man you look great.

Thanks Chewy.

Thanks Mary.

This morning i went to the fitness center and ran a 10min mile.

Hours later...

I went to the gym and did the precor for 8min(warmup)

then proceeded to do some back. I had a pretty decent swell.... I was focussing more on the lift rather than the weight and doing more sets of the same weight. Thinking I was going to come right home and workout again.. I cut it short at the gym. I think I might have been there over an hour anyway.

Came home and saw some homemade dill hummus waiting on me so I was like "hell, Im gonna make some dolmades(grape leaf wraps)." I did make about 30-40 or so with red quinoa and some spices(including curry). Went well, they taste awesome. After about 8 pita pieces, about 5 dolmades, and some hummus I figured it was time to hit the fitness center again.

Started off doing the:

Precore(elliptical) for 20min

50 leg Xtns @50lbs

50 pushups

50 situps

50 latpulldowns @50lbs

Treadmill 3.5mph/3%inc for 20min

50 leg Xtns @50lbs

50 pushups

50 situps

50 latpulldowns @50lbs

Stationary Bike for 20min

50 leg Xtns @50lbs

50 pushups

50 situps

50 latpulldowns @70lbs

All while watching Life on Discovery Channel. Luckily this made time go by really fast! I hit everything in an hour and a half.

@jx28- im anywhere between 179-183. Weight fluctuates depending on sodium and water intake.

@Jason- man my arms are anything but huge and please dont argue with me!! I know better.

The past couple days Ive been flakey in the gym.

No real motivation or want to be there.

Tues I did some delts and about 30min cardio.

Yest I was supposed to workout with someone and they flaked on me two hours before gym time. I was pissed. Went to gym too late(around 7:30) and did... hell I cannot even remember what I did. It was that bad. I did teach bootcamp and that gave me some extra cardio plus I ran outside with a client(1mile). so eh....

Today I went to gym and did some bi/tri supersets.

Started off doing 1handed tri xtns followed by single db curls with same weight.

I went from using 15lbs and doing sets of 30 to 40lbs and doing sets of 10-15.

Then I hit the cable tri pressdowns with cable curls.

tricep kickbacks/"preacher" style bicep curls(went up to 45's).

I also did Behind head BB xtns with BB curls.

Tonight Im supposed to meet up with said person again and hit chest. Hopefully ill get swol again. Arms got a good swell today. Been starving all day. Finished off cherry jubilee Spirutein and have been craving more. Hopefully it will get me through the workout tonight.

I'm outta cherries jubilee too and kinda wanna cry. the store here changed owners and they haven't received a shipment so I'm doing without - not raw neways, sigh... Proud of you. Keep going with the cardio - relayed that to our email fan dude lol... And thank for today soRry I was a bitch we all know I don't diet well. Fml well back to trying to sleep.. Oh btw Kody said ure a beast and way to go abbilicious... I think my husbands a lil gauy for ur abs haha. Well okay bedtime.. And btw ne1 that reads this I'm bi so not being rude about the gay thing just stating a fact! Kk ttyt

Im still around. Workouts have been iffy lately. Diet has been off on some days. Im just not feeling the inspiration anymore. Im tired of "having" to workout and eat strict and cardio after. My energy levels arent there. Nobody to look up to thats doing vegan natural bodybuilding. I cant wait, only 19 days to go and 5 minutes in the a.m. and 2 min in the pm.

I will take a break from just lifting after this show. Not long.... just enough to recoup. I actually only want to workout 3days a week(m,w,f) and then run twice a week(Tu,Thr).

Ive been hearing "oh you only have a few weeks less why give up now..." but its by people who have never put their body through this kind of "torture."

Ive been eating clean since Dec. 1st and and so sick of it right now. I will post pics later...maybe. I took some today and they didnt really come out well in the sun so I did them in a shadier place and they looked a little better. I def dont even care what I place now. I was shooting for 2nd place this year but now Im just looking to get it over with. Thanks to everyone who have kept up with this journal.

Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,

Because their words had forked no lightning they

Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright

Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,

And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight

Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,

Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Dylan Thomas

If I ever meet up with you I need to check out your mid traps, I have watched you advance for quite a while now but in all your pics it always seems that this one part does not fill in. I really want to see if I am nuts about this.

@zin- you not crazy brah.... I train traps more now but I've neglected them ever since I went vegan 3yrs ago. I was up to shrugging 6-7 plates(each side) and when my weight/bodyfat went so did all my strength in that exercise so I quit doing them. My back is what cost me in my last show. I was destined to get second in the light heavy weight but then I did my back poses and main judge was disappointed.

I appreciate you pointing it out for everyone to see. Wish more people would critique and tell me what I need to work on. It seems everytime I do back it hits my Lars and lower back(the hump) the most. Traps will grow when flexed and showed in the front but lack in the back. It's frustrating!!

What I am seeing is a mid trap issue. This can be worked on with rows targeting the upper back, so no super low rows, and by pinching the scapulae together hard. I have no problem examining and pointing these things out, its obvious your body is awesome, but is that really what you need to hear?

Zin yeah I'm aware that high rows will get it somewhat but I look at pics even when my back was at it's biggest years ago and I still lacked there.

Rear bb shrugs has brought it up some. Have been keeping hands close together and squeezing hard as I bring the bar up

Had blood work done today. I guess we will see how everything is in a couple weeks or so.

I did legs today. Higher reps than normal and way more sets on everything.

I weighed in at drs office at 175. Im def leaner than I was last year at this time and weigh less. Its okay though. Im just a week.5 away from Mr Alabama.

Not getting much sleep. I wake up all through the night looking at the clock. I pee about 3 times a night now. Im going to Protan up tomorrow just to see how everything is looking at a darker me.

Oh yeah Cubby- thanks for the info, but I am anti-DL. Have been for years now.