Jason is back in fucking business.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Mary, I never answered that! I swear I meant to! Anyhow, The sand is now inside the pipe and sealed off. I will be using it for a quick circuit training session when I don't feel like, or don't want to go the gym (actually, what it's really a test for a fitness program I'm working on with a friend. Portable exercise equipment for group training that can be done wiht minimal "stuff" and still get results. Nothing mind blowing, I swear.)

Anyhow, things like curls, overhead presses, weighted squats and lunges. it can also be put on the ground and jumped over side to side, front to back, etc. Since it's a wide pipe, all of the lifting will help with forearm and grip strength development as well.

That's it!

BUT, I lifted last night, and I feel like I did a really good job. Finally feel like I'm getting somewhere with lifting!

Squats 5x5 @ 195lbs. I did fail the last set on the third rep. Just didn't push hard enough and got unfocused. Reracked it and did 3 more. I'm ok with that.

Clean and Presses/Barbell Rows/Curls (!) @ 85lbs. 5x5 each. I started the set with curls, then did the clean and presses, and then the barbell rows. 3 lifts into one set. Awesome. and hard.

Deadlifts and Shrugs @ 190lbs. 5x5. Deadlift. shrug at the top. repeat until finished. Awesome.

Bench Press @ 135lb (FINALLY! The big boy weightS!!) 5x5. no spotter.

Tri Pullovers @ 60lbs 5x5. By the third set I was really kicking myself for not picking up the 65lb dumbell, but hell, last time I used the 65 lber, I just about dropped it on my head! Next time.

But, it was an awesome session. There were 4 of us in the gym, and we were all chatting at each other and laughing and hurting at the same time. It was really fun.

I keep meaning to go for a long run, but I'm just NOT feeling it right now. My left achilles is feeling great, and so is my right side groin. I'd REALLY like to keep that way, but I'm sure I'll be on foot to somewhere within the next two hours.

Thanks, Chewy. Believe it or not, you're the guy that I first started following/being inspired by on here. So, thanks. That means a lot, and right back at ya!

Just got back from a run. Was aiming for more miles, but that's what I get for not pre-planning my routes. 5.7 miles. Not bad. Wanted 6 or 7...I'm gonna have to start deviating more north/south as opposed to just east/west.

Good times though. I don't hurt too bad. The achilles is a bit tender now, but the rest of me is fine.

Today I did an hour of BJJ (which is awesome, and I'm sad that my schedule won't allow for it once rugby matches start). It was hard, but not ridiculous.

Then, Rugby practice was an hour of touch rugby. Man, that was hard. Lots of running. Some hitting.

Decided today I'm going to pick up some creatine. We'll see how it work/what it does.

Mary, this is close to the workout I'd do with that tube. I'd add curls and behind the head tricep extensions as well (cause I have little girls arms...) and clean and presses (cause they're my favorite.)

Team Quest - Grappling Workout

Uploaded by adccpl. - Discover the latest sports and extreme videos.

Since embed doesn't seem to be working, here is the link. http://buildingbodies.ca/randy-couture-workout-for-mma-conditioning/

But yeah. I lift m/w/f. I have rugby practice m/w. usually, anyhow. But I am 90% sure I'm going to do this workout (with the above exercises) on m/w (because I need to lift before work, and I'm always very weak that early in the morning, and I'd rather not wake up at 4 to get the blood flowing and whatnot before I hit the gym.

I will try to up the weights on the last set to failure to try and build some size yet. I wanna be bigger. (common theme here, eh?)

tomorrow is a run around the lake (3.2 miles) then another hour of touch rugby.

I feel like a trainwreck!! (Translation = awesome!!).

Touch rugby yesterday kicked my ass more than I knew. Today I did that above circuit.

All x 8. Barbell rows, upright rows, military presses, curls, good morning, side lunge squat(8 per side), squat/press, and I got the tri extensions on the first two sets.

Did one set to warm up with just the bar. More work than warm up, I'll tell you. Added 10lbs and did another 4 sets. 1-1.5 minutes between.

Brutalized my arms...good fun.

Then I did 3 sets of 10 calves and leg presses x 3 45 and 2 25 plates per side. (I'm bad at math...)

So, touch rugby round 2 is over. That's it. I'm tapped out until practice wednesday night. Wait. No I'm not. I'll lift again wednesday am. Anyhow, this game rules, and I feel like I was more aware (and better because of it) today. I have blisters on the balls of my feet from changing direction, and I lost a footrace to the fastest guy on the team*.

Anyhow, lots more running. It was awesome. Lots of passing. Brought a ball home to work with tomorrow. This sure rules. I think I picked right. (rugby>EVERYTHING ELSE for the next 3 months...)

*I smoked him around the lake (3.2 miles with sprints). He took me in a 30 or so meter. The difference? off the line speed. I think I have him in a burst of speed, but he's got me off the line all day.

How I do train to get faster at that!!?!??!?

Basically, What vivalasvegans said. "YEAH BUDDY!!!"

Roar!!! Feelin' like a champ today! Did the one set challenge again today (mostly).

1 set per exercise, for the most part.

Squat. 195 x 13reps.

Deads. 195 x 13reps.

Clean and press. 95 x 12reps

Barbell rows. 95 x 12reps

Leg press. 528 x 1 set 13reps + 1 set 12reps.

Calves. 528 x 1 set 15reps + 1 set 25reps

Curls. 1 set 80 x 7reps. 1 set 70 x 11reps.

Leg extensions. 150 x 15reps

Leg curls. 130 x 17reps.

Tri pullovers. 1 set 65 x 8reps. 1 set 65 x 4 reps.

Bench. 1 set 130 x 8reps.1 set 130 x 6reps.

The end. I'm rather happy with that.

Did the one set death challenge again. Thinking of making it the two set death challenge. Same weights to failure x2. I dunno. But then we run into time constraints. GAH! I dunno, I'll think of something. I just feel like I've still got more left to give after only one set to failure. Shooting for 8-12 reps. If I do more than 12, I'm doing it wrong.

what I did today,

Squat 200lb x 9 reps

Bench Press 130lb x 5 reps x 2 sets (no spotter makes this one scary...it's stupid because I know I can take 130 5x5)

Calf Raises 5 45's per side (568lb after weight of machine) 1x17

Leg Press same weight. 1 x 12 (I didn't think I'd get it back up, but I BARELY did)

Tri Pullovers 65lb 1 x 8

Leg Extension 170 x 12

Leg Curl 150 x 12

Deadlifts 200 x 10

Clean and Press 100 x 10

Shrug 200 x 10

Lat Pulldowns 115 x 10 (first time ever attempted)

Barbell Curls 80 x 8

Skull Crushers 50lb x 12 (first time ever attempted)

Machine Flys 110 x 8 (first time ever attemped)

Barbell Rows 95 x 12

That's all she wrote. In and out in an hour including warm up and cool down. Awesome.

STAIRS!

up the bleachers at a local college.

6 x up both toes every step (super little steps)

6x up one foot per step

6x up sides - 3 per leg. (push up on lead leg, drag rear up stairs)

Mountain climbers (find a bench, start with a toe on the bench and a foot on the ground, rotate -fast- x 30) 20 times for 3 reps twice.

Lots of 20 yard sprints. couple 40 yard sprints. 2 laps of the track. things of that nature. I need a shower and lunch now.

start at the 0 sprint to the 20 and back (this was a football field) x 6

start at the 2, sprint to the 20, do that funny side step hip thing (fuck if I remember what it's called. I'll find out next time) x 6

start at the 0, walk to the 10, jog to the 20, stride to the 30, accelerate to the 40 and sprint past the 50 to the other 40. x 3

Edited by Jason X

I sure am a jerk to myself. I don't "rest" well...being active is too much fun!

Today I did an hour of BJJ. Starting to learn throws. kinda fun. And armbars. good stuff.

Then I got home. I thought about a nap, but then I thought I'd rather go work on the top body! So, I jogged to the gym (.7 miles)

then did another circuit. a top body one.

With a barbell (55lbs) I did Curls. overhead presses. barbell rows. uprights rows. Then I dropped the Barbell and grabbed 2 15lbs weights (ick! so little!) and did front and side lat raises. Then I threw a medicine ball (10 lbs) overhead and caught it.

I started with a set of ten, then a rest (2-3 minutes. too long), then a set of 8, then 6, then 4, then 2, then 4 again, then 6, then 8, then 10. Except the ball. I did the ball toss 20x per set regardless of how many reps of the other stuff I did.

It was awesome. Obviously a much shorter rest time on the 2 and 4 rep sets.

Then I jogged home. YAY! Time for protein!

Edited by Jason X

Felt great again in the gym today. I don't know what it is. Did someone spike my creatine? But whatever. I set deat challenge again.

Squat. 200 x 10 reps.

Bench 130 x 12 (amazing what happens when you do bench first, instead of last)

Clean/press. 100 x 6 (upper body tired from yesterday, but I cleaned without the press for 12 reps)

Calf raises 568 x 20

Leg press. 568 8 16 (not kidding. 16. Phew!)

Tri pullovers 65 x 9

Leg extension 190 x 12

Leg curl 170 x 8

Deadlifts 200 x 12

Shrugs 200 x 12

Lat pulldown 115 x 11

Barbell curls. 80 x 8

Barbell rows. 100 x 12

Machine flys 130 x 10

Skull crushers. 50 x 13.

That's it. In and out in an hour again.

Sweet. Now I'm waiting for rugby practice to start! Gonna go do some sprints for pre-practice!

thanks a lot guys! I haven't been running distance, though. I'm afraid to! I don't want to train to be slow! I need to train to be fast! (which is gonna get me in trouble in june for my MC200 experience... oh well)

Rugby practice wasn't too intense. I got there early and kicked the ball around a lot. Still trying to get it to go where i want it to (works well on a drop kick when I don't let it bounce of the ground first, but kicking it on the bounce is super hard!)

then warm ups (lots of jogging and dynamic stretching) then some catching/passing drills that aren't very intense physically, but mentally tough.

Then we did an awesome drill that had us running back and forth while catching and passing the ball. it'd be hard to explain on a computer, but it was awesome.

then we did some rucking drills! YAY HITTING! I'm not super small enough to worry about this sort of thing anymore. I made the loud pop noise happen when I hit two guys and the coach gave me props for that being "how it's supposed to sound" cause I did it right. That was awesome, cause I'm a rookie and don't REALLY know what I"m doing. It means I'm learning. I just hope I'm learning fast enough to play!

Anyhow. Two workouts in one day. It was awesome. Tomorrow is work and school and not much else.

Have a good night, y'all!