Jason is back in fucking business.

so, you'll all disapprove, but I skipped the gym this morning. Didn't sleep for shit (when, on a good night I get 6 hours of sleep). Just tossed and turned and didn't sleep much. Figured it was better to at least try to sleep those last 2 hours than getting up early for the gym.

Friday it's game on. Besides, rugby practice tonight.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I've been kinda being hindered by a strange sensation in a very specific area, but it hadn't occured to me until today that I'm dealing with a mild groin pull! Awesome! THAT'S why sprinting has been pretty uncomfortable for the few practices! I didn't just lose a step! Good to know. Stretch and rest.

Is it safe to lift tomorrow? How do I ice a groin without freezing my balls off? (Did I strain A groin, or MY groin? How many do I have?)

good times.

Fuck a sore groin! Get tough!

Squat. 200lbs x 16 reps.

Bench. 135 x 9

Calf raises. 600 x 20 (!)

Leg press. 600 x 14 (!!!)

Tri pullover. 65 x 10.

Leg extension. 210 x 10

Leg curl. 170 x 9.

Deadlift. 205 x 10. (My grip gives out on my left hand! Sucks!)

Clean/press. 105 x 9

Shrug. 205 x 10 (same. Grip.)

Lat pulldowns. 130 x 12.

Barbell curls. 80 x 10.

Skull crushers. 60 x 9

Machine flys. 130 x 11

Barbell rows. 105 x 10.

Plus a rugby practice on wed. Tackle drills. The captain and I showed up early and did a quick sprint workout. Good times.

Hey Jason. Thanks for all your help with the bike. I'm really loving it despite my falls! Never thought I'd be typing this phrase, but I hope your groin feels better soon. I've pulled a groin muscle a few times when I was doing sprints and I can relate. They suck! as I'm sure you know. Good luck with the whole icing issue In all seriousness, hope you're back in the game quickly. Take care.

Yesterday I ran 7 miles. Took an hour and ten minutes.

Then, a few hours ater a friend and I went bouldering for an hour and a half. My hands show it. 3 ripped off callouses and a few new blisters.

I hurt today.

today i didn't go to the gym. I've been sore as all get out!

anyhow, today didn't help. showed up early for rugby practice. Ran a few sprint drills (not all out though, trying to rest the groin a bit. it's feeling better) then ran tackle drills all day. It was fun, and hitting people rules. Hit some guy hard enough to draw applause from the coach. that's always fun. It's nice to be the one to get used as an example when it's for something you did right!

tonight I'm going to sleep at my wifes house, and therefore run the 4 miles to work in the morning. commute by running shoes. Lets hope I can make that kind of a trend.

oh, and thanks Barb, and lobster.

Run to work a success! Easy stuff. Drove to work last night and left clothes and food in may car for today. Wife works across the street so I met her over there and rode to her house with her. Awesome! Now I have 8 hours to decide if I want to run home and then to school after work today or to drive. Decisions, decisions.

So, about hardening up...

Skipped the gym on monday, then again yesterday (cause I'm tired and sore and I can't do half the exercises I want to with my hands the way they are! -htfu THAT!) that said, I haven't exactly been slackin'. just not liftin.

Rugby practice again last night. more sprint drills with the captain (just us...again.) I want to try to be the strength and conditioning coach next season. I can see where people are lacking...

Anyhow, lots of hitting, and plays. Coach had me learn how to play outside center (which rules. easily my favorite position).

BUT, first drill of practice was hitting. captain tackled me and he drove his bony ass elbow into my thigh with the ground! hurt REAL bad. Made it through practice and beyond. Groin is also still acting up. I'm resigned to it being there all season. I'll deal.

So yeah. lots of that.

Today I met with a teammate and ran more drills.

Tomorrow at 7:30 am I leave for St Louis for my first rugby tournament. I'm hoping it goes well and I'm put in the game(s). I'll report as I can through the weekend.

I'm excited. Time to pack!

Quick mobile update. That was amazing. Beyong amazing, but super duper. I'm a little sore, but not too tired.20 minutes halfs. We played (and lost) 3 games. I earned a starting wing spot off the get go. Ended up playing all of every game. So much fun.

No tries though. Closest I got was just inside the 22. I'm fine with that. Made a couple good hits. Took a few. The hardest one came from a teammate, though. Wrapped up and spun a guy perfectly for me to be in the fine of fire. Oops.

That was long for a phone update. I'm thrilled.

We played a team from st louis called the hornets (who were really good) I know other names, but not cities, so I doubt it would help. Sunday morning rugby clob, and some team I can't remember the name of.

More later, probably.

Hey all. I haven't really been slacking, but I haven't been in the gym. Haven't been on a distance run since 2 weekends ago, and haven't been in the gym since the friday before. I'm just too tired! Rugby and school is taking it outta me.

But, I'm bringing my slosh tube and 70lb duffel bag to practice for some strength and conditioning before practice, then probably more hitting and running after that.

Mondays practice was mostly rucking drills, and I was making sire to be involved. Did lots of hitting and driving people. I really like this game a lot!

Anynow, I don't know what I should say about the games in st louis. Seems like I missed the boat on that one.

But I'm trying to get back in the groove of lifting. Lord knows I could use it! (Traditional lifting or otherwise, I'd accept either!)

well, practice was going well, then i decided to try to beat the whole other defensive side of the team on the outside of the pitch and totally FUCKED my right quad. I don't know what happened. I dont think it's torn, i think it's just a bad pull. I couldn't put much weight on it (aside from walking and a VERY light jog. absolutely can't run or squat or anything). I sat out the rest of the practice after that. I'm very pissed about it.

BUT, the slosh tube was fun. less than half the people that tried successfully used it. people were into it, because it seems like it would be easy, but it is really goddamn hard!!