Jake Shields for PETA2

It was. I was a little worried at first, when he got knocked down in the first round. But in the next 4 rounds he was a completely different person. Mayhem's BS at the end was ridiculous. He should have known better than to roll up on Cesar Gracie Jiu-jitsu team by himself. Melendez pushing him, and Nick Diaz swinging on him was pretty funny. I want to know who all the white shirts were that were standing around kicking Mayhem while he was on the ground. That whole scene was so unprofessional. Makes MMA look really bad. I wouldn't be too surprised if CBS said "Don't come back." I've heard lots of "WWE" comments. That's a hurtful image for the sport. Its only the second time I can think of where this has happened though. The first, of course, being in PRIDE FC, where it was Wanderlei, Shogun, etc fighting in the ring with Coleman, Randleman, and Baroni. Let's hope this is the last time we see this. MMA has fought hard to be considered a legitmate sport.

The guys in white shirts were the Diaz bros.Nate was the 1 kicking and Nick was the 1 holding him down and punching him.

I actually liked it.But i know what you mean by being bad for mma.Mayhem learnt the hard way not to be punk.What did he expect.Did he think he could just say whatever in Jake's victory speech and not get beaten down.He lost his fight to Jake now wants another 1 without even beating a credible opponent yet.I'm so glad Nick and Nate beat the crap out of him.A Diaz bro classic moment.Jake landed 2 punches but they were really soft lol.

Actually Rob this happenned before on CBS, though not quite to this exent, with strikeforce. Though I do forget who the fighters were, wait I think it was Nick Diaz and that guy who was champ but wasnt getting paid as much as Nick the challenger.

This is an excerpt I found

"Of all people, you'd think Nick Diaz might be a little more understanding. It wasn't so long ago that he was on the other side of the situation, back when he (along with his brother) entered the cage after a KJ Noons victory in EliteXC to demand a rematch with the champ.

Weirdly enough, that incident resulted in a brawl as well. Is anyone starting to see a common denominator at work here?

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker said afterwards that he didn't see the initial incident, but hoped it was nothing like the Diaz-Noons situation in 2008.

Bad news, Scott. This was much worse. It was also on network TV, which CBS announcer Gus Johnson tried to remind the participants of mid-brawl. If he was hoping that bit of information would make them all stop scrapping and shake hands like gentlemen, he doesn't know the Diaz boys.

Co-announcer Mauro Ranallo does, though. Earlier in the evening he mentioned that Nick Diaz had entertained himself back at the hotel by "staring down" Dream lightweight champ Shinya Aoki in the elevator. He said it as if it was somehow impressive for the much larger Diaz to bully and intimidate a fellow fighter for no good reason, describing it as "classic."

For a moment it almost sounded like he was about to say "class act," but stopped himself once he realized how completely untrue that statement would have been.

Some guys just don't know how to turn it off. Some guys are, to put it in pro wrestling terms, living their gimmick. Some guys can't seem to realize that their actions as people are making it increasingly difficult to appreciate their accomplishments as athletes. Some guys need to grow up."

Seems to me that the problem here is Nick Diaz and his brother who searching for his brother attention.

Well the Diaz brothers have always been known as "Dicks"

Just ask Karo Parisyan and Manny Gamburyan, to name a few.

I couldn't tell that was them once the camera shot was from overhead, it was too far away and there was too much commotion.

You mention Jake's soft punches. I hate to say it, but most of his punches during the fight looked soft as well. In full mount the strikes he landed looked very weak. I hope it was just muscle fatigue.

Mayhem got what he deserved. I hope this doesn't lead to an immediate rematch. There are others Jake should get to fight first.