Octopussoir's '09-'10 BB'ing Competitions

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

cubby2112
Elephant

Re: Octopussoir competes in 10 days

#781 Postby cubby2112 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:18 pm

Lol, he actually suggested you try to raise your HDL when your LDL is that low? When total cholesterol goes down, HDL often goes with it. So long as LDL is really low, HDL doesn't really matter. If a house isn't really dirty, you don't have to worry about doing much cleaning. In Esselstyn's practice, there has never been a cardiac episode with any patient with a serum cholesterol below 150. I'd say you have nothing to worry about.
Cubby's Fitness Log

The metric system is socialized measurment. If you implement it it will only be a matter of time before your grandma will stand in front of a death panel being forced to deny the existance of baby Jesus.

-offense74

Octopussoir
Elephant

Re: Octopussoir just one week out

#782 Postby Octopussoir » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:21 pm

Yeah cubby he's recommending I workout more to bring it up. Like I'm unhealthy or something.

I don't supplement with B-12 and can't believe it's so high. 695 and range is 211-946

nitrogen is high 16/20.

Glucose was 87 and range is 70-100

don't supplement with calcium either and it was 9.1/10.2

testosterone total was 6.9/8.0

it looks like my ABS lymphocytes are low 1.15 and range is 1.20-3.4

total protein is 7.0/8.3
robert cheeke wrote:life's too short to not get SWOL!

sosso
Elephant

#783 Postby sosso » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:08 pm

Octopussoir wrote:Bloodwork results in:

but first let me just tell you what the doctor typed about my cholesterol-
"the HDL is borderline low at 34 and it should be a minimum of 40, higher the better. regular exercise helps to raise it.."

really I need to workout regularly... WTF

Haha.. yeah man you should probably start working out or something.. Quit slacking off :P

cubby2112
Elephant

#784 Postby cubby2112 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:03 pm

sosso wrote:

"the HDL is borderline low at 34 and it should be a minimum of 40, higher the better. regular exercise helps to raise it.."

Haha.. yeah man you should probably start working out or something.. Quit slacking off :P

Yeah, start some four-a-days, you sissy.
Cubby's Fitness Log

The metric system is socialized measurment. If you implement it it will only be a matter of time before your grandma will stand in front of a death panel being forced to deny the existance of baby Jesus.

-offense74

robert
Site Admin

#785 Postby robert » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:10 am

One week out! Have a great show man!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Octopussoir
Elephant

#786 Postby Octopussoir » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:11 pm

Actually I'm 5 days out now!

Ran a 5k Saturday when I was just a week out. Crazy I know, but I said hell with it. I love to feel fit and not just bodybuild!

robert
Site Admin

#787 Postby robert » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:42 pm

Nice work man! How did the 5K go?

Any pics within this final week? Would love so see them....know you will do awesome!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

xjohanx
Elephant

#788 Postby xjohanx » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:45 pm

anyway on with the numbers:
vitamin D is 89.5, range is 30 or higher
b-12 is 695 and range is 211-946
calcium is 9.1, range is 8.6-10.2
triglycerides are 60,
cholesterol is 88
hdl/LDL is 34/42

so everything checked out normal but my HdL and white blood cells which are borderline low. Hmmm

Dude your totalt cholesterol is really really low! I mean seriously, all the dudes and dudettes on the various low-fat vegan diets strive to go below 150. I'm not sure if having that low cholesterol is the best regarding hormone levels but I wouldn't worry much about low HDL when your LDL is as low as it is. Your ratio is superb. Triglyceride levels are damn good too.
cubby2112 wrote:When someone says you don't train "functionally," you should just punch them in the face. Ask them how "functional" of a movement that was.

Octopussoir
Elephant

#789 Postby Octopussoir » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:45 pm

xjohanx wrote:
Dude your totalt cholesterol is really really low! I mean seriously, all the dudes and dudettes on the various low-fat vegan diets strive to go below 150. I'm not sure if having that low cholesterol is the best regarding hormone levels but I wouldn't worry much about low HDL when your LDL is as low as it is. Your ratio is superb. Triglyceride levels are damn good too.

Like I say on here I practice what I preach. I don't come on here and say I eat/drink all these green healthy foods and then turn around IRL and eat fast foods and burritos all the time.

So what should I do? Eat more crap foods? I plan on eating more foods after Saturday to bring weight and size up so any input will be appreciated bro(ha ha).

robert
Site Admin

#790 Postby robert » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:57 pm

How have your reacted to carbing up in the past? Sometimes I start on Wed, other times Thurs, and other times not til Fri the night before.

Load up on foods that will fill up the muscles....potatoes, yams, almond butter, bread, pancakes, pasta, etc. Though junk foods, I find them to be good pre-contest carb-up foods.

What's your plan the next few days?

Octopussoir
Elephant

Re: Octopussoir only 4 days away from the stage

#791 Postby Octopussoir » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:50 pm

RC- I've been eating damn clean since Dec. 1st so I don't plan on carbing up with junk. I've had some slips these past 4 weeks or so, but I have it on lock now. As for a plan... I don't have one. My only goal is to get through the week and start real eating again. I think everyone is tired of me being so pissy. I'm a little excited. Every night I'm up late thinking of what I'll do for the night routine. Nothing flashy just going to get up there and show em what I got.

I do have a new pic up on facebook. It was after I finished protanning and muscles are a bit cold but i was happy with what I saw so I put it up.

Maybe I can get back up to 200lbs by next year. I doubt it, but just maybe...

robert
Site Admin

#792 Postby robert » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:56 am

Cool man. I was just suggesting some of those foods really fill up the muscles.....breads, rice cakes, potatoes, etc. seem to do the trick well for many people.

Let me know what you eat in the final days.

I'm curious.

I'm on the sidelines this year, not competing. I took time off to write and got too small so I have to build up before getting on stage again.

I know the pissing feeling.....remember last year? :)

Have a great one! Stay SWOL!

RC

TripleH
Rabbit

#793 Postby TripleH » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:04 am

robert wrote:I'm on the sidelines this year, not competing. I took time off to write and got too small so I have to build up before getting on stage again.
RC

What do you contribute the loss to? I was under the impression that your muscle mass wouldn't drastically decrease as long as you're at least doing w/o to maintain (i.e. 1x or 2x/week for maintenance) :?:

robert
Site Admin

#794 Postby robert » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:08 pm

I took a long break to write 15 hours a day and didn't train at all for a while...writing meant too much to me so I put all my focus on that.

But getting back into it. I dropped 20 pounds or so.

Jimi........looking SWOL in FB pics!!!! Nice!

Paige
Manatee

#795 Postby Paige » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:22 pm

Good luck this weekend! Remember that you are out there for you and no one else. And when you win the darn show make sure EVERYONE knows you did it VEGAN. I can't wait for results. Pose hard!

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”