• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bloodwork results in:

but first let me just tell you what the doctor typed about my cholesterol-

"the HDL is borderline low at 34 and it should be a minimum of 40, higher the better. regular exercise helps to raise it.."

really I need to workout regularly... WTF

anyway on with the numbers:

vitamin D is 89.5, range is 30 or higher

b-12 is 695 and range is 211-946

calcium is 9.1, range is 8.6-10.2

triglycerides are 60,

cholesterol is 88

hdl/LDL is 34/42

so everything checked out normal but my HdL and white blood cells which are borderline low. Hmmm

Lol, he actually suggested you try to raise your HDL when your LDL is that low? When total cholesterol goes down, HDL often goes with it. So long as LDL is really low, HDL doesn't really matter. If a house isn't really dirty, you don't have to worry about doing much cleaning. In Esselstyn's practice, there has never been a cardiac episode with any patient with a serum cholesterol below 150. I'd say you have nothing to worry about.

Yeah cubby he's recommending I workout more to bring it up. Like I'm unhealthy or something.

I don't supplement with B-12 and can't believe it's so high. 695 and range is 211-946

nitrogen is high 16/20.

Glucose was 87 and range is 70-100

don't supplement with calcium either and it was 9.1/10.2

testosterone total was 6.9/8.0

it looks like my ABS lymphocytes are low 1.15 and range is 1.20-3.4

total protein is 7.0/8.3

Bloodwork results in:

"the HDL is borderline low at 34 and it should be a minimum of 40, higher the better. regular exercise helps to raise it.."

Haha.. yeah man you should probably start working out or something.. Quit slacking off

Bloodwork results in:

Haha.. yeah man you should probably start working out or something.. Quit slacking off

Yeah, start some four-a-days, you sissy.

Bloodwork results in:

anyway on with the numbers:

vitamin D is 89.5, range is 30 or higher

b-12 is 695 and range is 211-946

calcium is 9.1, range is 8.6-10.2

triglycerides are 60,

cholesterol is 88

hdl/LDL is 34/42

so everything checked out normal but my HdL and white blood cells which are borderline low. Hmmm

Dude your totalt cholesterol is really really low! I mean seriously, all the dudes and dudettes on the various low-fat vegan diets strive to go below 150. I'm not sure if having that low cholesterol is the best regarding hormone levels but I wouldn't worry much about low HDL when your LDL is as low as it is. Your ratio is superb. Triglyceride levels are damn good too.

Dude your totalt cholesterol is really really low! I mean seriously, all the dudes and dudettes on the various low-fat vegan diets strive to go below 150. I'm not sure if having that low cholesterol is the best regarding hormone levels but I wouldn't worry much about low HDL when your LDL is as low as it is. Your ratio is superb. Triglyceride levels are damn good too.

Like I say on here I practice what I preach. I don't come on here and say I eat/drink all these green healthy foods and then turn around IRL and eat fast foods and burritos all the time.

So what should I do? Eat more crap foods? I plan on eating more foods after Saturday to bring weight and size up so any input will be appreciated bro(ha ha).

How have your reacted to carbing up in the past? Sometimes I start on Wed, other times Thurs, and other times not til Fri the night before.

Load up on foods that will fill up the muscles....potatoes, yams, almond butter, bread, pancakes, pasta, etc. Though junk foods, I find them to be good pre-contest carb-up foods.

What's your plan the next few days?

RC- I've been eating damn clean since Dec. 1st so I don't plan on carbing up with junk. I've had some slips these past 4 weeks or so, but I have it on lock now. As for a plan... I don't have one. My only goal is to get through the week and start real eating again. I think everyone is tired of me being so pissy. I'm a little excited. Every night I'm up late thinking of what I'll do for the night routine. Nothing flashy just going to get up there and show em what I got.

I do have a new pic up on facebook. It was after I finished protanning and muscles are a bit cold but i was happy with what I saw so I put it up.

Maybe I can get back up to 200lbs by next year. I doubt it, but just maybe...

Cool man. I was just suggesting some of those foods really fill up the muscles.....breads, rice cakes, potatoes, etc. seem to do the trick well for many people.

Let me know what you eat in the final days.

I'm curious.

I'm on the sidelines this year, not competing. I took time off to write and got too small so I have to build up before getting on stage again.

I know the pissing feeling.....remember last year?

Have a great one! Stay SWOL!

RC

I'm on the sidelines this year, not competing. I took time off to write and got too small so I have to build up before getting on stage again.

RC

What do you contribute the loss to? I was under the impression that your muscle mass wouldn't drastically decrease as long as you're at least doing w/o to maintain (i.e. 1x or 2x/week for maintenance)

I took a long break to write 15 hours a day and didn't train at all for a while...writing meant too much to me so I put all my focus on that.

But getting back into it. I dropped 20 pounds or so.

Jimi........looking SWOL in FB pics!!!! Nice!

Monounsaturated fat can increase your HDL (and in certain cases, possible LDL). Saturated fat will raise both LDL and HDL. Consumption of both fats is correlated with higher testosterone levels. High HDL is correlated with higher test levels. So, raising HDL probably does the most to raise test levels. I guess you could try chowing down on almonds, cashews, macadamias, hazelnuts and avocados after the competition when you are bulking (maintaining, recomping, whatever). That might help. You could also consume a lot of coconut or whole cocoa for some saturated fats, but sticking with the high mono fats, with the smaller amount of sat fat they provide might be the healthiest option. You could also just eat like shit all around, and your cholesterol should go up.

Thanks cubby!

So today i had an early AM workout(chest) for an hour. Wasnt too bad. I can see all sorts of veins run through my chest when I pick up the weights. Its an awesome sight.

Around noon I tried for another workout(back) and that failed. Went in 30min and had to leave from being so drained. Almost all protein these days with exception of some apples, pears, and bananas. Took an afternoon nap and slept 3 hard hours. When I awoke it felt like something hit me hard.... Tom I have to teach a bootcamp and get some of my cardio in(like I need it). That should be fun(sarcasm).

Pics taken from facebook:

http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hs420.snc3/25309_543164153303_78201054_31677661_5489500_n.jpg

http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hs420.snc3/25309_543125191383_78201054_31676482_841172_n.jpg

http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hs420.snc3/25309_543170904773_78201054_31677987_3613535_n.jpg