Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Strength Table 2009

I don't see the point in lying about the weights you've lifted. Why would anyone lie and say they can squat 200 when you could say you can squat 500? It's always cool to see videos of weight lifting though. You should post some of yourself if you have some.

You don't see the point? Sheer macho competativeness..and women are probably even more guilty of it than the men!

Its like when aluck said she could squat some phenomenal amount, but when the video was posted she was only doing 1/4 reps...it explained a lot. Afterall, I can curl with 34k if I do partials, but need to drop down to 16k if I want to do a full rep.

Personally if I think I was any younger I would greatly exaggerate what i could lift.

As it stands I only believe Mary Stellas numbers as she is well beyond all that false posturing now and an admirable athlete

Oh, and about the videos, I would feel like a twat making videos in the gym so I don't see it happening anytime soon really

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Bench 155 x 4! (70kgs x 4 reps)

I want to test my max,165,but I cannot...

If you are an ectomorph, you are probably a hardgainer and made highly of type 1 muscle fibers. Usually with highly type 1 muscle groups, those 1RM charts underestimate your max. For most people, they underestimate legs, since there are lots of type 1 muscle fibers in them for postural reasons and sustained low intensity walking activity and such. I am highly type 2 everywhere, and I usually get 4-6 reps at 80% of my 1RM, so they usually overestimate mine.

All that said, if someone estimates their max with 5 reps or less, does anyone mind if we put up an estimated 1RM? I've been meaning to ask that and if people are giving me estimates anyway.

The tables works well for me.

Is possible,

I have the mind influenced by tables,and then also the performance

I have this 70%max 9 - 10

80% 6 reps

90 % 3-4

In chin ups,much time ago, I increased a lot the power,improved the execution but NEVER I did more than 8 reps.

My triceps hate low reps.I dont feel them work.

You're welcome!

Ok, I have to brag that I got a new best lift today (which rarely happens). I DB shoulder pressed 100lbers for 5 reps! Marcella had her hands on my elbows the whole time, but it's the most I've ever tried and she weighs 115 so I was still doing all the work .

You're welcome!

Ok, I have to brag that I got a new best lift today (which rarely happens). I DB shoulder pressed 100lbers for 5 reps! Marcella had her hands on my elbows the whole time, but it's the most I've ever tried and she weighs 115 so I was still doing all the work .

Nicely done, mate! ...onward and upward!

Time for me to weigh in with some 1RMs! I'm finally at a point I'm not embarrassed of

Estimated 1RMs using my most recent 5x5 weight as a 5RM:

Bench: 135 lbs

Squat: 210 lbs

Deadlift: 230 lbs

Total: 575 lbs

Bodyweight: 133 lbs