Coffee...

BeYourBest

He said that coffee will make you weak ... it will make you stupid and useless without it, ...you get stupid and weak.

i fucking love coffee. pour me another big cup of of that stupid useless weakness.

That's how I feel about it. I love the taste of coffee. The caffeine doesn't affect me much. I decided to try giving it up to see if it would have any kind of effect--I've been drinking it pretty much daily since I was a teen 23 years ago, so I don't really know what life without coffee is like! Anyway, I gave it up for a month or two and felt no difference. As I love it so much, I decided I'd keep drinking it as it has no noticable affect. I don't rely on it for energy or to get through slumps or anything. I do know that it is most likely having an effect on my body that I'm not noticing, but I just figure as my life is not improved in any noticeable way by giving it up, why bother? I don't drink it every single day any more, though--more like a few times a week, some weeks less often than others.

having a super busy day and needed a pick me up......so thanks to a nice cuppa strong black coffee I'm reenergized! I don't do it often, due to it irritating my stomach but today was a necessity......works quicker than my usual geen tea! Here's to caffeine, my drug of choice whether coffee or tea

• 3 weeks later...

So, I just thought you'd all like to know that i succumbed to the wonder that is iced coffee. I do that sometimes.

I just wanted to let y'all know so you could give me shit for it.

Seriously, I still don't think it's the best for me, and not something i want to make a long term habit of, but oh boy is it fun in the short term.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm never giving up coffee. Ever. I do cut back and sometimes quit to detox and reduce tolerance which I'm doing now. I just do a cup a day so when I drink it, I really do feel it. I like it full strength, black and no sugar. It tastes better that way.

I'm never giving up coffee. Ever. I do cut back and sometimes quit to detox and reduce tolerance which I'm doing now. I just do a cup a day so when I drink it, I really do feel it. I like it full strength, black and no sugar. It tastes better that way.

I'm exactly the same way! Once I went black, I never went back...

I'm also doing one of those "detox" periods right now. I'm on summer break and know I'll need the full effects of caffeine for my first year of in-hospital training, so I'm taking the opportunity to reduce my tolerance. I have to tell you, though...the first week was pretty unpleasant. I don't know whether it was recovering from the exhaustion of exam week, or the lack of caffeine, but I felt like I was moving in slow motion

• 3 weeks later...

I've gone back and forth on the coffee question myself. I really love the taste/smell of it in the morning and, I guess, the ritual of getting up, padding to the kitchen and brewing a pot. My normal intake is two 8 oz cups with breakfast/while getting ready. It is the only caffeine I really have. I stick to tea (herbal or decaf black) in the afternoons when I need something warm in my belly.

As an experiment, a few months ago I switched to decaf this winter just to see if I got withdrawal headaches and, after a month on decaf, I really didn't notice any difference at all. So... I switched back to regular (mostly because regular tends to be on sale more often).

A few years ago I decided to try Teechino and I had a bad experience with it. The first day I made some, I got really nauseated and ended up with a migraine. I don't think it was the Teechino. In fact, now that I think back, I might have done something really dumb and added Splenda to it (which I now know definitely upsets my stomach). Anyway, now I can't really stand the smell of Teechino after getting so sick after drinking it.

But, last year I also discovered Roastaroma Herbal Tea by Celestial Seasonings and I really like it. No, it doesn't taste exactly like coffee, but, with a dash of soy milk, it has enough of the "cozy" taste of coffee. ("Cozy" is a taste, right? ) I still don't personally feel the need to cut out my morning coffee (for the "ritual" reasons mentioned earlier I just don't feel like tea will cut it), but for those looking for an alternative, you might consider this.

I'm exactly the same way! Once I went black, I never went back...

I'm also doing one of those "detox" periods right now. I'm on summer break and know I'll need the full effects of caffeine for my first year of in-hospital training, so I'm taking the opportunity to reduce my tolerance. I have to tell you, though...the first week was pretty unpleasant. I don't know whether it was recovering from the exhaustion of exam week, or the lack of caffeine, but I felt like I was moving in slow motion

It seems I've cut way back. Not on purpose though. Maybe It's the effect of having more energy from being on a vegan diet that makes me not crave caffeine? I'm not sure. I do a cup a day in the morning when I get to work. But it must be good coffee. If it's bad I just dump it like I did this morning.